Step By Step Procedure to Create Advance DSO in Hana Studio from ECC To BW To Hana Studio
- Create Extractor in ECC
- Use Tcode RSO2 for creating extractor in ECC system
3) Provide a name, now we are taking Master Data Attributes here.
4) Click Create, you get following screen, We are using View/Table here.
5) Click on Application Component, Select appropriate source ( e.g., For Sales).
6) After selecting provide all description and screen will look something like this.
7) Now you need to select which ever filed you need. Hide filed column when checked will not consider those fields. and in selection use the key filed to select required data.
8) Now to check the extractor we go to Tcode RSA3. Provide Data source name and click on extraction and also provide the selection which you need as provided.
9) Click ALV grid to see the data.
- Now this data source needs to be available for data services. To check its availability. we need to check whether it is present in table ROOSATTR. If not present, then go to Tcode se38 and execute program RODPS_OS_EXPOSE. Provide data source name and click on Release Data sources. To cross verify check again in table ROOSATTR which will be available now.
Then you can find the entry in ROOSATTR Table.
11) Now we need to replicate this ECC Extractor to BW.
12) Go to BW. Use Tcode RSA1. Go to Data source tab and.
13) Select the source. ODP- SAP(Extraction)
14) Create your own Application component
15) Right click, saying Replicate Meta Data
16) For first time you select all the options as shown. but when you refresh or update unselect Create New Data sources check box.
17) After that you get this screen, you need to select the Extractor name you had created in ECC search here.
18) Data source will be created
19) Create all the info objects for the fields you have selected while creating extractor in BW side.
20) Now Go to Hana Studio and go in BW Modelling Tab, If you don’t find go to windows -> Perspective Open perspective.
21) Select BW Modelling
22) You get BW Modelling Tab
23) Select the BW Modelling Tab
24) Go to Info providers. Select the Info area which you had created in BW. That will be visible here in BW modelling.
25) Now we are going to create Advance DSO Object by right click the Info Area as shown.
26) You Will get following screen. Provide technical name.
27) In Details Tab, you need to provide the Inobjects which you had created in step 18 in BW. Provide the info objects one by one in fields. and click on Add Info Object This will add all the info object.
28) Click on keys button where you need to provide the key i.e. Primary key filed. e.g. we have selected VBELN.
29) After that, Go in General Tab and click on the check box External Sap Hana view. That will enable it to be available for views.
30) Activate this Advance DSO now. Ie. Something like exclamation mark.
31) Now go in BW side
32) Create DTP on the Data source and transformation. And activate it.
33) You will find that DSO is reflected over here which we had created in Hana Studio .
34) To view Advance DSO data in Hana, Go to the DSO and click on show preview as shown You will able to view the data.
35) In case you are not able to view this page and get the following message.
36) Make an entry in hosts file.
Edit the file c:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts and add the following entries at the last line.
One entry is for BW on Hana and the other for Hana studios
188.8.131.52 madap8022.companyname.tsap madap8022
3184.108.40.2061 hana01 hana01.companyname.tsap
Yes, apart from data source you have info cube, hybrid provider, DSO.
I don't see the modelling tab after logging in BW in the latest version SAP BW 7.5 ? Cant we map the ADSO transformations in hana studio ? Please update.