(updated Aug 2018)
SAP NetWeaver 7.1 – 7.4 will reach end of maintenance by December 2020. For customers using this product, now is a great time to evaluate your path forward. You can choose to remain on premises and upgrade to SAP NetWeaver version 7.5, or transition to SAP Cloud Platform Portal. More information is available here.
In this blog, I’ll discuss some of the reasons why SAP Cloud Platform Portal may be a good option for you. At the highest level, SAP Cloud Platform Portal allows you to easily build your next generation portal and be flexible to meet the constantly changing expectations of today’s end users.
Over the last few years, we’ve seen users demand stronger and more responsive web applications that rival native mobile apps and desktop software. This push is driving many companies to look to the cloud and the latest Portal and collaboration technology.
As an on-premises Portal customer, you’re already familiar with part of SAP’s Portal offering, but you may not be familiar with our latest Cloud offering. SAP Cloud Platform Portal combines the low learning curve of site authoring that you are used to with the full power of enterprise-grade access management, asset management and integration – all in the Cloud.
Consider the Cloud if any of the following apply to you:
- If you don’t want to maintain an on premises system -> SAP Cloud Platform Portal lowers your TCO by eliminating the need for on premise systems & upgrades. We handle all of the heavy lifting!
- If you are connecting to SAP Cloud systems -> SAP Cloud Platform Portal offers out-of-the-box integration to SAP SuccessFactors, SAP Hybris Cloud For Customer and on premise systems.
- If you are looking to get started with SAP Fiori or extend your current Fiori efforts -> SAP Cloud Platform Portal allows you to easily access business applications and tasks via the SAP Fiori Launchpad.
- If a great user experience and mobile deployment is important to you -> SAP Cloud Platform Portal was designed with a mobile first approach, superb user experience, and it comes with a rich toolset to accelerate site creation.
- If you want to add more collaborative elements to your Portal -> SAP Cloud Platform Portal provides integration with SAP Jam Collaboration to embed collaborative elements within your next generation portal.
- If you are using Netweaver Portal for your intranet -> SAP Jam Collaboration provides an modern, collaborative intranet solution that can be implemented in under 4 weeks.
I encourage you to watch this video on the many features in SAP Cloud Platform Portal
I also invite you to read more at the SAP Cloud Platform website. On this site, you will find some great information to help you in your evaluation:
- A video of how customer Danone uses SAP Cloud Platform Portal
- An overview presentation
- A link to accelerators to help build portals quickly via Github.
- The link to get started with free software trial