Through a research period of four months, Eventful Conferences has conducted extensive interviews with 50+ chemical industry companies, and held two roundtable events in key chemical industry locations – Philadelphia, PA and Houston, TX. The intention of the research is to summarize the most common and critical challenges that the industry must address – crucial to their success. These pain points have been identified by the industry during the roundtables and throughout the interviews. The Best Practices for Chemicals Conference will strive to address each challenge, pain point and trend by providing solution-oriented presentations, backed by specific evidence and packaged to provide the audience with clear takeaways on how to achieve similar results.
In this issue we will discuss cybersecurity and its implications on modern IT architectures. If you missed or would like to revisit the previous entries in our series, please follow the links below.
As digitization, mobilization, and the cloud all transform the way we do business, every company must ask: is it safe, and how can we be sure? Overwhelmingly, the ability to affirmatively answer this question can change on a regular basis – hackers change their targets and techniques almost faster than technology itself can change, and old breaches or dormant viruses can all wreak havoc far after an initial system infiltration occurred.
As the number of cybersecurity attacks increase for political and financial gains, chemical companies are understandably wary of taking on new technologies without proper considerations of all of the risks and requirements.
- How can I prevent the security problems of a vendor or customer from becoming my own security problem? What are some best practices for ensuring that my vendors and other connected networks take security as seriously as I do?
- If SAP security conforms to IOS/IEC 27034, then what else do I need to be doing to be secure and compliant?
- How can I assess my level of vulnerability?
- How can enhance my security without making my staff jump through hoops just to get into their computers? Tell me about the “human firewall” and how I can educate my staff to ensure better security through diligence.
- When I move into the cloud, how do my security needs change? How about when I become mobile?
- What do I do if I think I have a breach? How can I tell?
- How can I manage my reputation during and after a data breach?
- In very real terms, what’s the cost of cybersecurity? And what’s the cost of a cybersecurity failure? Where’s the tipping point or point of diminished returns for cybersecurity investments?
To get answers to these and many more questions come and visit us at the Best Practices for Chemicals Conference, being held in Houston on April 4-6, 2017 and Register Now!
Are you ready for the Digital Revolution in the Chemical Industry? Please take the Survey Now and let us help you in establishing the right platform and roadmap for your transition!