SAP Solution Manager 7.2 and Managed system as ABAP
From last couple of the days I have seen some questions around how SAP solution manager work with Managed system.
I am writing couple of blogs to explain how SAP solution manager work with other systems such as ABAP, JAVA , Dual Stack and systems such as BusinessObjects and Data Services.
Lets start with ABAP system for now. As you can see in picture below I am trying to explain connectivity between ABAP managed system and system data flow for configuration.
Let me explain you step by step
- You have SAP solution Manager installed and ready and you have fully configured SAP Solution manager Reference documents : One Stop Shop All About SAP Solution Manager 7.2
- You have managed system installed and ready
- First Register your Managed system in to SAP Solution manager SLD or your central SLD where your LMDB in synchronizing TCode : RZ70Notes:
- In our example I am using SAP Solution Manager LOCAL SLD
- If you have multiple SLDs you need to make sure what SLD you you want to use for PI SLD, Runtime SLD and Source for LMDB
- Pay attention to SLD data synchronization and ranking of it
- Once you see your system is properly register in SLD it will automatically sync in LMDB within 10 min. using LMDB sync job
- Install SAP Diagnostic Agent in your Managed system. When you install DAA you need to register DAA in to SLD and connect it to SAP solution manager through P4 or P4S port.
- Once you have DAA installed you need to update agent through Agent Admin and trust is. Config URL will be : https://host:port/smd/AgentAdminNote: If you have to configure Agent on fly make sure you configure Host first to enable agent on fly.
- Now your Managed system is ready to be configure in solution Manager
In all steps above I have tried to explain how your system data get pushed to SAP solution Manager and this is almost same for all the systems including JAVA and Dual Stack systems.
Pushing DATA of JAVA system is little challenging and I will explain it to my next document. As you see in screenshot we have Wily Introscope and its not in use for ABAP system. Wily is collecting JAVA system data and solution manager is utilizing that data to generate EWA and for system monitoring etc.
Thank you for reading and let me know if you have any question regarding this document