What is “SAP Data Quality Management, microservices”?
SAP Data Quality Management, microservices allows developers to embed data cleansing and enrichment services within any business process or application.
This offering provides HTTPS/JSON-based services running on SAP Cloud Platform. Developers can simply integrate these services into their own applications to provide address cleansing/validation, geocoding, and reverse geocoding capabilities. Below is a summary of functionality provided in the initial release.
Key Capabilities – 3 Services provided in the initial release:
- Address Cleansing
- Verify address per postal authority reference data as correct
- Standardize the way the address looks and is structured
- Correct components of an address if incorrect
- Enhance an address with missing attributes
- Assign diagnostic codes which describe why incorrect or what was corrected
- Append latitude and longitude given an address
- Reverse Geocoding
- Provide address(es) given a latitude and longitude
These services integrate easily into any application. However, we are planning to provide pre-built integrations of these services in other applications from SAP which will provide a very simple way to consume this functionality.
With our announcement of general availability, we are also providing the following integration scenarios today.
This offering is now generally available (GA) to customers!
If you are an ASUG member can you find a recent recorded webinar and presentation on this offering: https://discuss.asug.com/docs/DOC-46194
You can also find more information here:
Integration with SAP Business Suite and S/4HANA (On-premise/private Cloud)
We provide at out-of-the-box integration which provides address cleansing/validation and geocoding at the point of data entry. This allows you to ensure that all data coming into your systems have clean and valid address information. The integration also supports enriching entities with geocode’s as well.
This integration currently works with:
- SAP S/4HANA (on-premise/private cloud)
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) – through the Enterprise Central Component (ECC)
- SAP Master Data Governance
- SAP Customer Relationship Management
We provide this integration through an ABAP Add-on component referred to as
SAP Data Quality Management, version for SAP (DQM4SAP). This Add-on has been around for a long time and has historically provided this sort of integration leveraging our on-premsie solutions SAP Data Services and SAP HANA, smart data quality.
With this GA announcement we have already released SAP Data Quality Management, version for SAP 4.0 SP09. SP09 now provides support for using the Data Quality Management, microserivces on SAP Cloud platform to provide address cleansing and geocoding.
Customers can choose to use just the microserivce OR use a hybrid approach. If you already use DQM4SAP with SAP Data Services or SAP HANA, smart data quality you can use the microservices as well choosing to process certain countries on premise and send others to the microservices. This provides you with a lot of flexibility when managing the volume of data your processing and associated costs of using these solutions on-premise or now via the Cloud.
You can find more information about the SP09 release in SAP Note 2356174.
Integration with SAP Data Services
SAP Data Services 4.2 SP08 now provides a new transformation integrating with the SAP Data Quality Management, microservices. Data Services customers can now quickly and easily setup address cleansing, geocoding, and reverse geocoding using the microservices vs. using the built in capabilities which require additional licensing of reference data and management of that reference data on-premise.
Data Services customers could also setup hybrid scenarios where you may us the on-premise reference data to process countries where you have large volumes of data and to send other countries to the microservice to better manage overall cost.
You can find more information about the Data Services integration here:
What are the benefits of this offering?
- Simple consumption model in the Cloud. HTTPS/JSON-based services.
- Integration with SAP Applications out-of-the-box
- Leading solution w/ 20+ years of experience in address cleansing and geocoding capabilities (technology acquired from Firstlogic/BusinessObjects)
- Strong partnerships with many worldwide postal authorities and data providers
- Complementary offering to our on-premise offerings in SAP Data Services and SAP HANA, smart data quality (SDQ)
How do you purchase SAP Data Quality Management, microserivces?
This solution is sold as a stand alone offering from SAP.
The solution runs on SAP Cloud Platform but is not included in any of the SAP Cloud Platform bundles.
To purchase this solution please contact your SAP Account Executive. If you don’t have one or can’t find one please reply to this blog and I’ll get in touch with you directly.
We are working on making this solution available on the SAP Store. I will update this blog with additional information when available.