If you have the following error message in the SAP Cloud Appliance Library when you deploy a solution instance in the Microsoft Azure cloud provider:
The subscription policy limit for resource type 'Total Regional Cores' was exceeded. The limit for resource type 'Total Regional Cores' is 4 per subscription, the current count is 0, and the requested increment is 17. The subscription policy limit for resource type 'Standard Dv2 Family Cores' was exceeded. The limit for resource type 'Standard Dv2 Family Cores' is 4 per subscription, the current count is 0, and the requested increment is 17. Please contact Microsoft Azure support to enable the required resources.
You must increase the Cores quota for your Microsoft Azure account. Note that this procedure must be repeated for each subscription in this account.
Note that you can check the size requirements by going to the solution details in the SAP Cloud Appliance Library and navigating to the RECOMMENDED VM SIZES section. There you can see the required cores for each virtual machine.
If you would like to see the details of the different available sizes for the solution, you can choose Calculate Cost and choose the desired cloud provider and select the required region. There you will see the different available sizes and their details, as well as the required storage to successfully start the solution instance. Please note that the update of the quota generally takes some time. Additionally, it is possible that some of the quota may be consumed by activities not related to the work with the SAP Cloud Appliance Library.
- Go to this link and create a ticket.
- In the Basis dialog, select the following parameters and choose Next:
- Issue type: Quota
- Subscription: select the correct subscription from the list
- Quota type: Cores
- Support plan: select your support plan
3. In the Problem dialog, select the following parameters and choose Next:
- Severity: select your severity from the list
- Deployment model: Resource Manager
Note that if you use the Microsoft Azure (Classic) provider in the SAP Cloud Appliance Library, in this field you must choose Classic deployment model.
- Location: select the location where the instance will be deployed
- SKU Family: select the value that is mentioned in the error message. For example, Dv2 Series.
- SKU Series, New Limit: enter the new quota that is needed for your instance.
Note that if you do not see the family from the error message in the SKU Family field, you have to go back to the Step 2 (in the Basics dialog) and change Issue Type from Quota to Subscription Management, and choose Next. Then in the Problem dialog, select the following parameters and choose Next:
- Problem type: Other General Questions
- Details: Give more information about your problem.
- What is the VM type? -> H16m
- What is your region? -> West Europe
- What is the number of required cores? -> 16 cores for each H16m virtual machine
4. In the Contact Information dialog, select add your contact information and choose Create.
Then the Microsoft Azure Support Team will contact you by the contact method that you are selected in the form above.
- When the quota is increased in your subscription, please create a new solution instance in SAP Cloud Appliance Library.