It’s Not Just about Fraud Scenarios
Even though SAP Fraud Management was first used by our early adopters to address fraud-specific scenarios, it’s actually a versatile powerful engine that can analyze transactions from multiple source systems (SAP or not), and detect different types exceptions based on the rules and criteria defined by the customer. These detected exceptions could result from errors and/or inefficient processes, which might not be fraud related.
What Other Scenarios Could the Solution Address?
Given the flexibility provided by the underlying SAP HANA database and the fact that users can define any rules and leverage predictive analytics to identify new patterns not covered by the existing rules, here are some examples of additional scenarios that SAP Fraud Management could help address:
- Ensuring incoming/outgoing payments are from/to organizations that you can do business with. Might require the SAP Business Partner Screening solution as well, depending on the complexity of the detection.
- Analyzing T&E reports and AP payments for mistakes which are difficult to detect in large-volume operations.
- Leveraging the built-in integration with SAP Audit Management to automatically audit all transactions for a given date range without having to limit your internal audits to just a limited data sample.
- Detecting high-value transactions which might constitute an exception/risk in particular industries. Among the industries represented by our customers are Insurance, Retail, Public Sector, Telecommunications, Utilities, and Manufacturing.
What Other SAP Solutions Would Enhance the Value of SAP Fraud Management?
You can take advantage of other solutions in the SAP portfolio to maximize the benefits and scenarios you can address by integrating them with SAP Fraud Management.
- SAP Audit Management: Both solutions share the same platform, which enables auditors to perform detection runs against the transactions being audited
- SAP Business Partner Screening: This is another solution sharing the same SAP HANA platform. Recommended for deep screening of the entities you do business with, against published sanctioned-party lists
- SAP Predictive Analytics: The rules that helped you detect exceptions in the past might not work so well when new exception/fraud patterns emerge. SAP Predictive Analytics can help you identify these trends before it’s too late