Automatic allocation of multiple invoice proposals
I would like to cover with this document regarding the Automatic allocation of bank statement items with multiple invoice references.
Automatic allocation is a way by which the system tried to find matching invoices for payments through a search algorithm.
You can follow the below steps for automatic allocation of bank statement items with multiple invoices references.
1. Create multiple invoices for the customer Ex: “ 10000005”
2. Check invoices status in customer account monitor:
- Go to Receivables work center -> Customer Accounts view.
- Search for Customer “10000005” & Click on Action->View.
- Navigate to Trade Receivables tab.
Here we can see Invoice 1RE-25-2017, 1RE-26-2017 and 1RE-27-2017 are in Open status.
3. Now Go to Liquidity Management work center ->New Bank Statement (under Common Tasks).
Enter the required details in the step 1:Enter General Data
4. Go to Step3: Create and Edit items.
In the Items Section, select the payment method for ex: Incoming bank transfer and enter credit amount which is equal to Open invoices amount and post the bank statement
5. Click Items Details tab and go to Memo lines. Enter the references of open invoices and post the bank statement. Here both invoice and Payment are in same currency: EUR
6. Once the bank statement is posted, we can check the post processing status of the Bank Statement, it should be Not Required. (it will take time to process, click refresh and check)
Also, check the invoices status customer’s account monitor and it will be in cleared status.
Thank you for the useful blog. I was trying to configure similiar setting on ByDesign. In my case, I use Bank Statement Upload funtion instead of manually creating bank statement. In that case, I cannot edit memo line. What should I do in order to solve this issue?
Looking forward to hear from you soon
This is applicable if you are creating bank statement manually. Incase of automatic bank statement upload, you can create Memo lines using fine tune activity: Global Settings for Payment > Create and edit rules for analyzing memo lines.
Also, you can go through help center documentation on how to create memo lines: Memo Line Analysis Rules.
Could you share with more details what are the credit memo rule types that can be used, and against which data they do their comparison, for each rule type ?
Indeed, your test is checking memo lines against customer invoices, but how would you check that against external payment references ?
Are you talking about memo lines which should be maintained in the fine tune activity. This blog is regarding manual bank statement posting.
Incase of automatic bank statement upload, you can create Memo lines using fine tune activity: Global Settings for Payment > Create and edit rules for analyzing memo lines.
Can you give an example of External payment references. We don't get any payments which already posted/exists in step-3 and these are available in step-2.
Whether you do manual bank statement creation, or bank statement upload, both mechanisms use the Fine Tune Activity "Rules for Analyzing Memo Lines" to match the memo lines with the document to be cleared, correct?
If my understanding is correct, these "Rules for Analyzing Memo Lines" need to be setup before you can do what you showed in your blog post, probably with the rule type "Open Receivable Document ID", in order to match the invoices in the Open Receivable view from your screenshot.
My questions are about those rule types: