I would like to cover with this document regarding the Automatic allocation of bank statement items with multiple invoice references.
Automatic allocation is a way by which the system tried to find matching invoices for payments through a search algorithm.
You can follow the below steps for automatic allocation of bank statement items with multiple invoices references.
1. Create multiple invoices for the customer Ex: “ 10000005”
2. Check invoices status in customer account monitor:
- Go to Receivables work center -> Customer Accounts view.
- Search for Customer “10000005” & Click on Action->View.
- Navigate to Trade Receivables tab.
Here we can see Invoice 1RE-25-2017, 1RE-26-2017 and 1RE-27-2017 are in Open status.
3. Now Go to Liquidity Management work center ->New Bank Statement (under Common Tasks).
Enter the required details in the step 1:Enter General Data
4. Go to Step3: Create and Edit items.
In the Items Section, select the payment method for ex: Incoming bank transfer and enter credit amount which is equal to Open invoices amount and post the bank statement
5. Click Items Details tab and go to Memo lines. Enter the references of open invoices and post the bank statement. Here both invoice and Payment are in same currency: EUR
6. Once the bank statement is posted, we can check the post processing status of the Bank Statement, it should be Not Required. (it will take time to process, click refresh and check)
Also, check the invoices status customer’s account monitor and it will be in cleared status.