In order to establish a closer collaboration with our SAP Transportation Management (TM) partners, SAP TM Development and Solution Management recently came together to create a “one-stop-shop”, known as the SAP TM Partner Office, to provide partners and SAP colleagues with a single platform to support each other with SAP TM opportunities, projects and enablement. Current membership (status Feb 2017) stands at approximately 170 consultants representing more than 50 companies across 25 countries.
The TM Partner Office is jointly managed by Michael Haase from TM Development and Elinor Castell from Solution Management, and heavily supported by colleagues from several organizations. In a short time, it has proved to be very beneficial to have all these dimensions together, as it allows us to handle both product and business related issues and concerns faced by our partners. The high degree of support we receive also shows how much all colleagues are aware that the success of SAP TM is very dependent upon a strong TM partner ecosystem.
The goals of the TM Partner Office are as follows:
– Serve as a single point of contact for our partners for all TM-related product information and queries.
– Establish relationships with new and existing partners
– Expand the SAP TM partner ecosystem and connect internal and external resources for pre-sales and project opportunities, events/conferences, etc.
– Build trust and confidence in the product
The TM Partner Office does NOT:
• Provide consulting services
• Provide shortcuts to the ticketing process in case of incidents
• Provide a forum to post/discuss consulting issues (please refer to the SAP Transportation Management Community)
• Provide partner/company recommendations to customers (we maintain neutrality with respect to all partners)
– All communication to the Partner Office should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– SAP Jam (cloud-based social networking collaboration and media platform) to share member contact data (optional/voluntary), assets and information, including TM Partner Café presentations, TM project fact sheets, technical/process documents, Event information and links to all related sources. Partners are also welcome to post relevant information in this site.
– The TM Partner Café: a monthly call with all our partners during which SAP Experts and community members present varying topics related to new features, roadmaps, service offerings, etc. Active participation by all attendees is encouraged.
– SAP TM Partner Enablement sessions (one-week on-site enablement workshops to get new TM partners up and running with the product) –Q2 sessions scheduled in Bangalore and Sao Leopoldo (Brazil) in April (please send applications to email@example.com)
– Testing Offerings: Partners are invited to join our regular acceptance testing cycles at the end of each development release. We also offer fixed-term testing assignments, in collaboration with TM Development teams, during various development phases.
If you’re interested in joining our TM Partner Community and/or require any TM related information, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!