In ideal scenario your middle-ware should have a listener for your outbound IDOC port. In case you don’t have and you need to expose your outbound IDOC as a service then you can use it.
- Create a WSDL of the IDOC
- Create Proxy of the WSDL
- Process the incoming message and post IDOC
Advantages over RFC web services:
- IDOC gets created in the runtime so we can avoid making all the DB queries to build the business logic (like we do in RFC’s).
- It will be faster than RFC’s as all the data is already staged in IDOC. It gets the data from IDOC and sends it as response
- No empty tags as we see in RFC based web services. It will reduce the payload significantly
- JSON will reduce the payload even further making the overall performance better