Offer letters are starting to go out. One-by-one, students from around the world are accepting a role within SAP’s Internship Experience Project (SAP iXp).
Our internship program encompasses five lines of business: Concur, SAP Fieldglass, SAP Ariba, SAP Product and Innovation (P&I), and most recently, Hipmunk. This is the time to join a company that spans across hundreds of products and industries.
Whether you’ve applied for an internship role or are just curious about what this summer’s agenda entails, here are the top three things to get excited about for iXp summer of 2017.
Dynamic people for dynamic roles
What’s it like entering a global internship program at a renowned tech company sweeping Top Employer Institute awards internationally?
Our interns hail from all corners of the world with diverse languages and backgrounds. We’ve hand-picked each intern and matched them with the best-fitting team where they’ll mentor with their hiring managers and colleagues.
SAP iXp interns aren’t just ‘interns.’ They’re disruptors. Or, as we’d like to say, “Disrupterns.”
How exactly do ‘disrupterns’ behave? They challenge the status quo. They’re not afraid to ask questions. They help our industry develop and grow through innovation.
Projects that drive results
Interns are assigned to work on a specific project throughout their internship where they bring fresh energy and ideas to the table. We ensure these projects are of the caliber of work equivalent to an entry-level position on their team.
For example, a marketing intern might produce niche market research and pin-point media trends to support a larger campaign. A software developer working on SAP Ariba’s platform might work on growing its open-source client library.
At the end of the program, everyone presents and showcases their project to their fellow intern cohort, hiring managers, and oftentimes key stakeholders.
It’s all-hands on deck here at SAP iXp. We invest in our interns to see what they can do through challenging, high-impact and high-visibility projects on their teams.
Experience through events
Now to the fun part:
It’s summertime, and although our interns work hard to achieve their goals and develop professional skillsets, we also know they need to kick back and unwind with some fun in the sun.
Oftentimes the best opportunities spark organically. We seek to facilitate as many networking opportunities as possible.
Here’s a sneak peek to some of the events we have lined up:
- Baseball and sports games: Good food, fun company, and live sports.
- Welcome beer bashes: In our large and complex business networks, we want interns to be as connected as possible and shine. They’ll meet their fellow cohort and other business leaders in their office locations.
- Intern Appreciation Day: Lunch, mindfulness and meditation workshops, and more self-care. Stay tuned.
- Philanthropy: We’re ever-committed to giving back to our local communities and this summer each intern will have the opportunity to volunteer in their city.
- Power Hours: Learning is an essential part of our program. SAP’s leaders will host live presentations and open discussions with our interns.
- SAP iXp Summit (U.S. and Canada): Two days in downtown Seattle packed with networking, learning and orienting into SAP’s culture.
It’s going to be a packed summer and we can’t wait to see SAP iXp’s interns flourish within SAP’s larger networks.
Piqued your interest? Our recruiters are currently searching for great talent in SAP iXp locations that include U.S., Czech Republic, India and Canada.
Open positions for Concur.
Open positions for SAP Ariba, SAP Fieldglass, and SAP Product & Innovation.