Through a research period of four months, Eventful Conferences has conducted extensive interviews with 50+ chemical industry companies, and held two roundtable events in key chemical industry locations – Philadelphia, PA and Houston, TX. The intention of the research is to summarize the most common and critical challenges that the industry must address – crucial to their success. These pain points have been identified by the industry during the roundtables and throughout the interviews. The Best Practices for Chemicals Conference will strive to address each challenge, pain point and trend by providing solution-oriented presentations, backed by specific evidence and packaged to provide the audience with clear takeaways on how to achieve similar results.
In this issue we will discuss key considerations in context with harnessing the benefits of mobile applications. If you missed or would like to revisit the previous entries in our series, please follow the links below.
- Becoming Mobile
Mobility has infiltrated our personal lives to the extent that formerly sedentary, in-the-office activities are expected to be done at any time, on the go.
As a result of these services, our customer’s expectations have changed wildly to assume that companies both can and should provide fully digital, mobile interfaces. The advantages to going mobile are clear on the surface: it can ensure data accuracy, improve communications with the field, reduce data time lags, and optimize time in the field.
However, while mobility has become the mainstream in the consumer consciousness, it comes with significant considerations for companies trying to harness the opportunity.
- How can mobility be used in my company, and how is that scaled when considering all of the different businesses my company maintains?
- What is the ROI or business value of mobilization, and how do I capture that?
- What’s the roadmap for SAP’s mobility solutions?
- How do non-SAP platforms interface with SAP’s mobility solutions?
- What are the security implications for mobility and how do I maintain a single sign-on while considering these security implications?
- Can I rely on mobility solutions if I don’t have connectivity (no WiFi, no cell service providers)? And what are the implications for data persistence?
- How do wearables and other mobile devices fit into my mobility strategy?
To get answers to these and many more questions come and visit us at the Best Practices for Chemicals Conference, being held in Houston on April 4-6, 2017 and Register Now!
Are you ready for the Digital Revolution in the Chemical Industry? Please take the Survey Now and let us help you in establishing the right platform and roadmap for your transition!