To create a collaborative experience with better engagement that boosts business effectiveness and makes HR processes available to all employees anywhere and anytime, we have updated the SAP SuccessFactors Mobile application with several new features and functionalities.
- SAP SuccessFactors Mobile users can now benefit from performance management on Android and iOS devices to review and provide ratings, and add comments.
- iOS users can now access Timesheets on iPhone and iPads. They can fill out and submit timesheets on the go, or preview and update them.
- To make sure that Android users have the best experience and benefit from features and functionalities similar to iOS devices, we have added Time Off for Android with an intuitive and simple design.
- We have also added the learning catalog search capability to the iPhone so that users can search for courses in the same way that Android and iPad users do.
But it’s not just new features and functionalities. We have started to provide a unified experience across iPhone and iPad devices. The first phase of this unification enables iPad users to benefit from different key functionalities previously available on iPhone devices only.
Let’s have a deeper look into the new developments and improvements that have become available in the December 2016 and February 2017 releases of the mobile application.
iOS users can quickly fill out and submit their timesheets (supporting positive time recording configurations for both duration and clock time employees) on the go, or preview and update them wherever they are. To simplify timesheet management, users can apply their planned schedule and just modify the days that are exceptions. They can also view overtime calculations for their time sheet, delete attendance or break hours, or withdraw previously submitted time sheets. With the weekly summary, users can navigate among timesheets and view details and approval status.
Time Off for Android:
The Android experience is catching up with iOS, and now Android users like iOS users can manage their Time Off requests on the go and can request, view, and cancel Time Off in days, hours, and minutes. Users can also edit previous requests, view time-off balances, see upcoming holidays and vacations, find team time absence calendars, and view the approval status of their requests.
Another great capability that was recently added to the SAP SuccessFactors Mobile application is performance reviews. SAP SuccessFactors Mobile customers can now view or provide ratings and comments on performance goals, development goals, and competencies. Users can also see a summary section, provide an overall manual rating, and view the calculated and adjusted ratings. Mobile users can view signature section information including the users who are set as signers, whether the form has been signed, and the date of signature.
Recruiting should not be a challenge. It should be easy for hiring managers to assess and review candidates on the spot. The recruiting function of SAP SuccessFactors Mobile enables them to do just that. Now the updated iOS and Android user interfaces of candidate assessment empowers managers to sort candidate assessments by interview date in addition to alphabetical order. They can also filter out rated candidates in a candidate list view.
Learning Catalog Search for iPhone:
iPhone users like Android and iPad users, can now search for courses in the learning catalog. All users can easily find the right course and assign it to themselves, or remove assigned courses.
Org Chart V2 for Android:
One of the new interfaces in the mobile application is the list view of the Organization Chart for Android devices. This option provides a simple navigation experience and a quick team view.
iOS UI Consistency:
We have started an exciting journey to refresh the user experience and unify the user interfaces of iPad and iPhone. The first phase of the UI enhancement is now available on iOS devices and provides the following benefits to users:
- New navigation paradigm for iPad users
- Compliant with Apple Human Interface Design Guidelines
- New tab bar at the bottom of the screens for iPad and iPhone users
- New landing page which focuses on priorities and tasks in the To Do list
The new navigation paradigm will use a tab bar for the iPad interface at the bottom of the screen exactly like the iPhone application. Moreover, iPad users can now enjoy the same intuitive experience as iPhone users with the following functionalities:
- Performance reviews (modify and signature steps in limited configurations)
- Continuous performance management (CPM)
- Goal management
- Time sheet (positive time recording)
- Enhanced search suggestions
Stay tuned for more enhancements and new capabilities that will be delivered in the second quarter of 2017.
Don’t miss the new resources now available here to learn more about how SAP SuccessFactors solutions are better for HR and your digital transformation journey. Plus, take advantage of the webinars in the HR Live Demo series. These expert-led demos run weekly through April and cover the full suite – talent management, core HR, etc. – and more, including diversity and inclusion. Register here.