Have you Already Heard About Flexiciency and the Horizon2020 Projects Where SAP Is Contributing?
SAP will represent Flexiciency at the International SAP Conference for Utilities in Lisbon.
Flexiciency is a research project for the European Commission on which SAP is leading, in partnership with the University of Ljubljana, the development on SAP HANA Cloud Platform, of the European Market Place for Energy Services (EU MP)
The aim of the EU MP is to provide the European Market Players (e.g. Service Requesters and Service Providers) with a neutral access to Data and Services through the seamless integration to the existing systems (Market Player Platforms of both DSO and Supplier), as per the requirements and specifications detailed by the Flexiciency Consortium (19 Partners from 10 European countries) for the usage of the European Market Place for the Energy Services.
Flexiciency is undertaking 5 large-scale demonstrations
To show that in the electricity retail markets, the deployment of efficient novel services in a central platform (EU MP), based on standardized yet flexible services (from advanced monitoring to local energy control), will enable the following objectives:
- Service Providers will be able to request metering data from the different DSOs depending on the targeted control zone at a given frequency
- Service Providers will be able to exchange services, tools, methodologies
- Asset (data) Owners will be able to make available data (other than metering data) to allow service providers to build new services
Market Players (both Service Providers and Service Requesters), will be able to do business deals as per the Energy Services of the EU MP (central point)
- Italy – Demonstration, led by Enel Distribuzione, to show advanced energy monitoring (5.000 LV customers) and local energy control services (500 LV customers) in the area of Milan
- France – Demonstration, led by ERDF, to show the validation of advanced monitoring and local control (demand response) services and of the European Market Place cross countries: a UK-based player active in DR operating in the French market
- Spain – Demonstration. led by Endesa Distribución, to show the validation of added values services in the case of a particular consumer, i.e. a municipality (City of Malaga)
- Sweden – Demonstration, led by Vattenfall, to show the Advanced Energy Monitoring with alerts and/or Energy Adivce on a larger customer group. Local Energy Control services on a smaller group in the Stockholm area
- Austria – Demonstration. led by Verbund, to provide advanced monitoring services (where no smart-meters have been deployed) and demonstrate aggregation of flexibility and industrial customers by an independent EU aggregator
EU MP Services will be provided to customers in the 5 different demonstrations. The replicability of the solutions will be ensured, reflecting a common European framework for service provisions. EU MP Services are covering the following categories:
- Advanced energy monitoring – Detailed energy consumption patterns and production information collected through smart metering infrastructures with high frequency and possibly close to real time
- Local Energy Control – Tools and algorithms to provide local energy control and modulation
Flexibility – Exploitation of the flexibility provided by a group of aggregated customers, distributed systems of loads (such as electric vehicle charging infrastructures), distributed generators (such as in the case of prosumers), to eventually enable the provision of services to the market and the participation of new actors, such as distributed generation, to the energy market.
Flexiciency quick facts
- The Project will deliver Energy services demonstrations of demand response, FLEXIbility and energy effiCIENCY based on metering data
- Flexiciency is an EU-funded I&A project within the #Horizon2020 framework
- Flexiciency is managed by a multi-stakeholder consortium led by Enel Distribuzione and encompassing 18 partners from 10 EU member states
- Flexiciency was initiated in 2015 and has a 4 year lifetime
- Objective is to demonstrate that the deployment of novel services in the electricity retail markets can be accelerated thanks to an open EU market place for standardized interactions among all electricity stakeholders, opening up the energy market to new players at EU level
Flexiciency further details
Attend the Microforum in Lisbon during the International SAP Conference for Utilities, on March 28-30
or get more information on the following locations:
Thank you for your post. In a repeatedly changing , updating and evolving market It hard for a fellow to keep up.