The common pain areas in most of the industries are manual and time-consuming document processing business processes. This includes the processes like Accounts payable, Sales order processing, Accounts receivables etc.
What if there is an option to transform the manual and time-consuming aspects of document processing into a digital and collaborative environment in order to increase the growth, productivity, and profitability.
They are SAP software solution and technology partner with certified integrations, which guarantees external output integration within your SAP system.
Suite of automation solutions compatible with SAP environment include:
HOW IT WORKS?
Business rules work on 5 steps
- Capture – Capture automates document catching from any type of source such as fax, scan or print in any type of format (XML, PDF, IDoc, etc.). Combining optical character recognition (OCR), optical mark recognition (OMR), barcode recognition and handwriting recognition (Intelligent Character Recognition – ICR), the Image Recognition Module extracts data from the image of any business document entered as a fax or scanned document.
- Content analysis – DDC (DYNAMIC DOCUMENT CAPTURE) technology is used in this step. It compares the captured data from the image with SAP data in the system. (e.g. a supplier or a customer is already known by the SAP system).
- Validation – Extracted data can be compared with image and can be corrected there.
- Content formatting – During the formatting step data can be formatted based on business rules. This data is font size & type, barcode, charts, logos etc.
- Delivery – Delivery service provides a wide and flexible set of delivery mechanisms enabling the document to be sent to the right destination. Delivery mechanisms include print, PDF, fax, mail services, email, Web, XML, SMS.
Workflow – Based on best practice business scenarios workflow can be managed. This gives consistency and visibility over the whole process and effectively reduce the processing time.
How it looks before and after automation?
BUSINESS METRICS AND DASHBOARD
This is an additional dashboard feature which is similar to SAP FIORI. Orders are visible at every step of processing so that you always know where they are, and allows you to run reports to monitor and measure process efficiency. Users can effortlessly access the right information when they need it. Packaged KPIs and dashboards remove all possible headaches for IT.
Faster processing – Accelerate order processing as much as 80% by reducing manual routing and order handling time.
Reduced Cost – Due to significantly less time per order/invoice processing, the overall processing cost gets reduced.
No more errors – Increase data entry accuracy and prevent lost, duplicate or misplaced orders by keeping them electronic.
Higher Productivity – Allowing staff members to focus on more value-added tasks such as customer service.
Customer Satisfaction – Improved customer satisfaction throughout the entire Order cycle.
Full Control & Visibility – Full visibility during the document processing.
Benefits for healthcare industries –
- The cost of manual processing can be invested in R&D or patient care.
- Document processing errors can have significant consequences. Since everything is electronic so lost orders, delivery delays and inaccuracies can be prevented.
- Time wasted on manual tasks takes away patient care. In majority companies, the order processing of medical devices is through phone or fax. Automation can expedite the overall process.
- When orders are waiting on a fax machine or email then it’s tough to identify the priority of order or inquiry. This is a common mandate from healthcare industries.
The advantages of automation strategy are available either as a traditional on-premise software implementation or through on-demand services. While managing the software in-house gives some companies levels of flexibility and control that they want. You can choose the traditional solution deployment and administration model — purchasing licenses upfront and installing the software using internal staff, resources, and technology. Or you may prefer to have implement, host and manage your document management system externally in a secure and reliable hosted data center through them.
Either way, the automation cuts processing time and costs, brings complete visibility to every document processed, reduces or eliminates the need for paper filing, reduces resource requirements and literally saves tons of paper everywhere it is used.