There are different types of Standard Transport Request that we can create during development. However, there’s one that you might have to create and there’s no standard option to create that —-> Transport Request for “Deletion”.
Many times, we might:
- have transported objects that we do not need (like testing objects) to the QA system and Production System
- need to delete existing objects that are decommissioned
and these systems might be locked to disallow any direct changes, leaving us with the only option to delete object via the transport. If you are lucky enough, your deletion would have been captured in a Transport Request when you were deleting the object. But, if you are like me, deletion was not captured in any Transport Request, then hopefully the below workaround would help you:
- Identify the objects (Technical name) that you need to delete in the target system (QA / Pre-Prod)
- The Object that you have deleted in the development system was not captured in any Transport Request, then the only way to find out the technical name is by checking the target system.
- Then go-to SE10 and manually create a Transport Request (Workbench Request)
- Click on the “Objects” page, then click on the change button and fill in the necessary information (Program ID, Object Type, Object Name)
- The easiest way to find out the above information is by referencing an existing Transport Request that contain the same object the you want to delete.
- When the below error message (Object … requires a directory Entry) prompted:
Just click on the Object Directory Entry button to assign the Package and TR
- Viola! The object is added to the Transport Request and you have just created a Transport Request with “Deletion”.
- When you are releasing this Transport Request, you will be prompted with Warning message(s):
Just click “Continue” to proceed with the Transport Request release. Once the Transport Request is imported in the target system, that object listed in the Transport Request will be deleted.
Here you go, hopefully it helps! Tested this in SAP BW 7.4 SP09. Do use this at your own risk J