In this post I am going to show how to create Fiori Tile for Analytical query in case of S/4HANA system.
Analytical query could be for example:
- CDS view based analytical query visible in Query Browser App
- Standard BEx reporting or planning query
Query could exist in:
- In BackEnd server of S/4HANA system, for example in case of CDS view based analytical query
- In External SAP BW system, for example in case of Corporate Data Warehouse approach
Using this approach Fiori LaunchPad could be a single entry point both for transnational and analytical purposes. But using Analysis for Excel reporting client as simple and known to analyst user reporting tool.
- Analysis for Office should be installed at client machine
- At the FrontEnd server part of S/4HANA system in SICF t-code service /sap/bw/analysis must be activated
- Create a Fiori catalog in t-code /ui2/flpd_cust at FrontEnd server part of S/4HANA system or use existing one. This is needed for accumulate Fiori tiles of analytical reports.
2. Open Fiori catalog and create a new static tile:
Enter Title, Subtitle (in needed) and Target URL.
Target URL should include server and port. You could find it when test a service in SICF t-code.
Include analytical query technical name in URL.
In our example analytical query name: 2CCCHARTOFACC
Save configuration and check that Fiori Tile now appears a catalog.
3. At FrontEnd server part of S/4HANA system create a new role in t-code PFCG or use existing one, assign Fiori catalog to Menu in this role.
4. At FrontEnd server part of S/4HANA system assign role to a user in t-code SU01.
5. Open Fiori LaunchPad at FrontEnd server part of S/4HANA system in t-code /ui2/flp or directly by browser link.
6. Add a new Fiori Tile to a Fiori group that you prefer by Editing Home Page. Now you could see a new tile in Fiori LaunchPad.
7. Open it. Analysis for Excel will be opened.
- You could make steps 1-2 for many analytical reports.
- To open report in PowerPoint part of Analysis enter POWERPOINT instead of EXCEL in Target URL.
- Depend of configuration you need to enter credentials, I am not expert at this area and could not explain details to configure.
- To make it useful for user create a Fiori group with this Fiori Tiles and assign it to role. In this case uses will see this Tiles in Fiori LaunchPad without step 6.
Thank you for attention!