In this post I am going to show how to create Fiori Tile for Analytical query in case of S/4HANA system.
Analytical query could be for example:
- CDS view based analytical query visible in Query Browser App
- Standard BEx reporting or planning query
Query could exist in:
- In BackEnd server of S/4HANA system, for example in case of CDS view based analytical query
- In External SAP BW system, for example in case of Corporate Data Warehouse approach
Using this approach Fiori LaunchPad could be a single entry point both for transnational and analytical purposes. But using Analysis for Excel reporting client as simple and known to analyst user reporting tool.
- Analysis for Office should be installed at client machine
- At the FrontEnd server part of S/4HANA system in SICF t-code service /sap/bw/analysis must be activated
- Create a Fiori catalog in t-code /ui2/flpd_cust at FrontEnd server part of S/4HANA system or use existing one. This is needed for accumulate Fiori tiles of analytical reports.
2. Open Fiori catalog and create a new static tile:
Enter Title, Subtitle (in needed) and Target URL.
Target URL should include server and port. You could find it when test a service in SICF t-code.
Include analytical query technical name in URL.
In our example analytical query name: 2CCCHARTOFACC
Save configuration and check that Fiori Tile now appears a catalog.
3. At FrontEnd server part of S/4HANA system create a new role in t-code PFCG or use existing one, assign Fiori catalog to Menu in this role.
4. At FrontEnd server part of S/4HANA system assign role to a user in t-code SU01.
5. Open Fiori LaunchPad at FrontEnd server part of S/4HANA system in t-code /ui2/flp or directly by browser link.
6. Add a new Fiori Tile to a Fiori group that you prefer by Editing Home Page. Now you could see a new tile in Fiori LaunchPad.
7. Open it. Analysis for Excel will be opened.
- You could make steps 1-2 for many analytical reports.
- To open report in PowerPoint part of Analysis enter POWERPOINT instead of EXCEL in Target URL.
- Depend of configuration you need to enter credentials, I am not expert at this area and could not explain details to configure.
- To make it useful for user create a Fiori group with this Fiori Tiles and assign it to role. In this case uses will see this Tiles in Fiori LaunchPad without step 6.
(!) Additional approach with semantic object and target mapping:
In step 2 below use option semantic navigation instead of URL.
create target mapping with system alias and parameters.
With semantic object solution you will not have problems with DEV-QA-PROD adaptation of URL.
Thank you for attention!