SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer server-side integration for Microsoft Outlook
With our February 2017 release, we are excited to launch our new server-side integration between SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer and Microsoft Outlook (Microsoft Exchange).
Our users can now be productive in any e-mail client including mobile and tablet.
You can synchronize the following information from SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer:
- Contacts, Accounts, and Individual Customers
- Appointments and Visits
You can work with SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer without leaving your inbox by doing the following:
- Creating items in your SAP solution from your inbox
- Viewing data from your SAP solution in the context of an e-mail, appointment, or visit
- Searching for items in your SAP solution
|Supported Groupware systems||Client-side Integration||Server-side Integration|
Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016
Lotus Notes 8.5.3
|Exchange 2010+ for sync,
Outlook add-in supports Outlook rich clients
(Windows and Mac)
Outlook Web App, OWA for Devices or Mobile browsers (requires Exchange 2013+)
|Supported objects and scenarios||
Attach emails to SAP objects (assign in add-in)
|Synchronization Filters||Fixed (‘My’ queries)||Configurable with Sync Profiles|
|Supported end-user devices||Microsoft Windows only||Microsoft Windows, Mac
OWA on mobile devices on iOS, Android, Windows Phone
|Additional information||Field mapping is fixed (standard fields only)||Custom fields supported via Smart Descriptions|
|User interaction||Rich user-interaction using the inbuilt side-panel which provides access to Feeds, Shelf, Notifications etc.||Rich user interaction possible (via Outlook add-in) on a wide range of devices|
|Single Sign On||Supported||Supported|
Manual sync and auto-sync at fixed intervals
|Auto-sync in the background
EWS based sync infrastructure
|Deployment||Client based Outlook add-in installation on end-user machines
Centralized deployment via third-party tools
|No client footprint or deployment required
Centralized deployment for Outlook add-in is possible
With server–side integration, you can effectively use the features and functionality of the rich client-side integration without the complexities of an add-in or a user-based sync process.
- Provides most of the functionality of a client-side integration with NO add-ins required
- Simple to use and there is no user sync cycle to worry about
- Server-side sync can be configured by the user/admin to filter just the dataset the end-user requires
- Add-in provides real-time access to Cloud for Customer data associated with an email, task or calendar entry
- Basic PIM types (Contact, Task and Calendar information) available offline across all devices
- Contextual and detailed Cloud for Customer data available online from within Outlook on a wide range of devices
- Simpler deployment process
Note: Our existing client-side integration continues to be available and will be actively developed. As a customer you have the choice to use either solution (but NOT both at the same time).
Please reach out to your SAP contact for further details on the new server-side integration.
UPDATE: With our May 2017 release, we have now released the server-side integration with Gmail (including a new Chrome extension).