Hi ABAP developers,
you define a value range as a domain to assign it to a data element.
Since SAP NetWeaver 7.5 SP00, ABAP Development Tools (ADT) provides an integrated editor for the following ABAP Dictionary objects:
- Source-based editor for structures
- Form-based editor for data elements
And now with SAP NetWeaver AS for ABAP 7.51 innovation package SP01, we also offer a native form-based editor for ABAP Dictionary domains:
The editor is split into the following sections:
- Toolbar to trigger actions, such as duplicating, opening other domains or documentation, and so on
- Format to define technical settings, such as type, length, and so on
- Output Characteristics to define output-relevant semantic attributes to be displayed on the UI, such as output length, conversion rule, and so on
- Fixed Values to define, sort, edit, and delete values or intervals of values. In addition, you can specify a value table.
In comparison to the ABAP Workbench, you get all technical and semantical information on one sight that makes your work easier.
For more infomation, see here Working with Domains
Have fun trying out!