Through a research period of four months, Eventful Conferences has conducted extensive interviews with 50+ chemical industry companies, and held two roundtable events in key chemical industry locations – Philadelphia, PA and Houston, TX. The intention of the research is to summarize the most common and critical challenges that the industry must address – crucial to their success. These pain points have been identified by the industry during the roundtables and throughout the interviews. The Best Practices for Chemicals Conference will strive to address each challenge, pain point and trend by providing solution-oriented presentations, backed by specific evidence and packaged to provide the audience with clear takeaways on how to achieve similar results.
In this issue we will discuss the possible implications coming with adopting a cloud strategy. If you missed or would like to revisit the previous entries in our series, please follow the links below.
- Cloud Strategy
In our chemical industry research, many discussed the cloud not just in terms of a deployment mechanism, but also in terms of a transformative business opportunity. Cloud is an opportunity to free-up capital and gain agility. However, many also question the implications for loss of control when one moves to the cloud. The focus of in-house IT shifts from server management to vendor management; versioning occurs on many different schedules, possible without notice or an opportunity for input. Not only is security effectively outsourced, but data itself is now also in the hands of another, opening a Pandora’s box for those looking for a cloud solution.
- What cloud options exist?
- How do I choose a cloud option and what best practices for dealing with vendors exist?
- What limitations exist in the cloud? How will licenses and vendors affect my business model?
- What are the cybersecurity issues I need to be aware of?
- What is the migration path onto the cloud and what are the varying specifications? How do I get my IT ready for the migration?
- How does the move to the cloud impact my IT department – what personnel needs and skill sets do I need to consider?
- What happens when I want to switch cloud providers, or move out of the cloud? What is the migration path and who “owns” the data?
- What are the hidden costs to the cloud?
- How can I handle important industry needs – ex. ITAR – in the cloud?
To get answers to these and many more questions come and visit us at the Best Practices for Chemicals Conference, being held in Houston on April 4-6, 2017 and Register Now!
Are you ready for the Digital Revolution in the Chemical Industry? Please take the Survey Now and let us help you in establishing the right platform and roadmap for your transition!