Sending Document via SOAP
What is SOAP
SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) is a messaging protocol that allows programs that run on disparate operating systems (such as Windows and Linux) to communicate using Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and its Extensible Markup Language (XML).
What is SOAPUI?
SoapUI is an open-source web service testing application for service-oriented architectures (SOA) and representational state transfers (REST). Its functionality covers web service inspection, invoking, development, simulation and mocking, functional testing, load and compliance testing.
Download link: https://www.soapui.org/downloads/soapui.html
In this article, we are going to learn about, how to send the document via SOAP web service.
I took a simple example, to explain this scenario.
So, I would like to document it here and let you know the same so that it will stay as a reference to everyone.
Tenant: SAP Business ByDesign.
Example: Creating Identified stock with Attachment folder via SOAP web service.
Scenario: Creating Identified stock in SAP Cloud Solution.
Save this article as PDF?
- Consuming SOAP Web service from SAP Business ByDesign
- Working Identified stock web service (.wsdl file)
- SOAPUI Interface
In an upcoming article, I will be dropping more info on SOAP web services.
- Convert a document into binary format
- Test a web service through SOAPUI
1. Convert document into binary format
- There are more websites are available to convert in BASE64 format.
- Convert your file into Base64 format
- Copy the converted data to your local computer
For example, your base64 data looks like,
2. Test a web service through SOAPUI
- Create a SOAP project in SOAPUI with the downloaded .wsdl file.
- Enter Login details.
- Give all necessary field values.
- Copy & Paste your binary data into Document -> FileContent -> BinaryObject as shown in the below file.
- Run your project.
- Check the response.
For more information: http://blog.sankaranss.com/2017/01/18/selected-document-type/
For more information about SAP Business ByDesign: Click Here
We have learned about how to send attachment document via SOAP Webservice, and in the future article, we will learn more about it. Don’t forget to subscribe my blog(http://blog.sankaranss.com) and leave your comments to improve this article.