Interface Data Validation – Power of BRF+: In every integration project we usually get requirement to validate data before posting/creating document in SAP system and we implement different type of solution based on requirement.
I have recently designed Interface data validation framework in my project which is used across all interfaces.
We have couple of solution to validate data before posting it in SAP, In this blog i would like to showcase how this validation can be done for all IDOC based interfaces from one generic approach.
We have followed below principles while designing the data validation framework
1. Data validation can be maintained by technical/ business users
2. There should be central point from where all interface data is getting validated
3. All the data should be validated in one go and all different errors should be visible in one go
4. Easy to maintain new data validation rule without changing code
Below is high level design for Interface data validation framework and it is based on Business Rules Framework.
- We have identified common exit which gets called for all inbound IDOCs
- BRF+ decision table build to maintain interface specific data validation rules
- Generic code written in Exit to call BRF+ function and update IDOC status record
Note: I would like to thank my colleague Samir Parundekar/Mohsin Rizvi for working on this design and implementing the design.