Release of SAP Business ByDesign 1702
SAP Business ByDesign team is ready with the release 1702, the first release of the year 2017 with a host of new features and enhancements.
Watch this short video to get some insights on the new features in this release.
Highlights of the 1702 release include:
- HTML5 user interface for all application areas along with the self-service features will be available for productive usage. CRM, FIN, SRM and self-service were already supported with ByD1611. HCM, SCM, PRO and Organizational Management will be additionally made available with ByD1702.
- Enhancements in SAP Time Recording App allows to get an overview of the month calendar, push notifications of the time recording for the week, make field personalization settings and to save the employee times in draft status.
- User License Information is displayed under the Application and User Management Work center. Also when the authorizations of the user are changed it will be possible to Check License Consumption to determine if the changes done are leading to license overconsumption.
- Manual entry of withholding tax amount can be created to correct the withholding tax liability or post withholding taxes based on accruals.
- Responding to the E-mail activities that are completed will be possible. Creating and deleting appointments along with editing appointment details and creation of follow-up activities and documents will make appointment handling efficient.
- The journal entry shows the UTC maintained exchange rates for financial posting and tax calculation when a business transaction document involving currency conversion is posted, irrespective of the time zone in which the exchange rates are maintained.
- Check file printing allows generation of xml outputs for outgoing checks and can be saved for later use.
- It will be possible to select the reconciliation accounts while initiating bank to bank transfers by enabling the companies for intercompany bank to bank transfer and defining posting rules.
- It will be possible to assign fixed assets created by goods and service receipt or supplier invoice to project tasks.
- Tracking leave requests and expense reports of the employees will be possible for managers using the newly introduced services.
- In project planning, new edited item icon indicates any manual change done in the work packages for the remaining work. It will also be possible to cancel the manual changes.
- Purchase Order Item Completion Runs enables creating and scheduling mass data runs to finish delivery and invoicing for completion of several open purchase orders.
- Activation of tax trace for supplier invoice and purchase order displays the trace of the tax decision tree used for tax calculation for items within the document.
- A new data source Procurement Price Specification Details will allow viewing the basic data of the list price of the product, supplier combination along with the amount and base quantity.
Delivered Ideas from IdeaPlace
- Automatic closure of expired contracts (D34452)
- Requirements for the Purchase and Sales Price List Data Sources and Reports in SAP Business ByDesign (D35087)
- Schedule batch Job for automatic ‘Manually Finish Delivery’ of PO open quantities (D32833)
- Possibility to trigger email/fax output to email-id of contact of the Supplier (D18187)
- Sales Order header level Attachments should be restricted to copy to the Third-Party Purchase Orders (D35043)
- Manage Appointments from the Calendar (D17951)
- Show Comments History in Opportunity Overview (D34754)
- Adding response options to active campaign (D18896)
- Save automatically generated Supplier Remittance Advices (D32260)
- Supplier Remittance Advice (D31104)
- Attachment in bank statement (D37291)
- Attachment in New charge and credit (D37292)
- Inter-Company Journal – Attachments (D17495)
- Project code should be enterable on Supplier fixed asset invoice / Individual material (D34412)
- Enable personalization of Time Recording App (D40156)