Successfactors Recruiting Management – new Features in the Q1 2017 (b1702) Release
with this blog post I would like to give a preview on the upcoming b1702 release of Recruiting Management (RCM). This is a list of favorite features in this release, not a complete list. For a full list of all available enhancements, you can always have a look into the release notes for b1702. There is indeed a lot more to see!
Please have a look at the features and feel free to comment or ask questions.
1. Draft Mode for the Offer Letter
After a lot of feedback from our community, we have now built out the possibility to save the offer letter as a draft and continue later with it. Generally writing an offer can be time consuming and can take longer than a regular working session.
To save the letter as draft, simply use the new “save as draft” button that will be provided with the new release. Anyone can then continue with the draft, a popup will ask if you would like to continue with the draft or discard it:
2. UI Consistency
We continue on our path to harmonize the user interface suite-wide in SuccessFactors, by applying Fiori designs and architecture. There’s a clear benefit for suite users but also for any user as the Fiori designs are modern and user friendly.
In Recruiting Management, the following pages have been modified with this release:
- Interview Scheduling – Job Requisition
- Interview Scheduling – Interview Setup
- Interview Scheduling – My Calendar (Week)
- Interview Central – View Open Requisitions (w/Candidates)
- Interview Central – Edit Candidate Interview Assessment
In order to benefit from the Fiori design, you can switch it on using the Fiori User Experience 2016 upgrade in the Upgrade Center.
Please find some before/after pictures:
Before/After in one picture:
3. Right-to-Left languages
We are not only working on the harmonization of our user interface and on making it fully accessible, we are also working on enabling right-to-left languages, such as Hebrew and Arabic. The following pages have been enabled in this release (with the exception of a few popups that will be enabled in a future release):
- Job Requisition List
- Job Requisition Detail
- Applicant List (also known as Candidate Workbench)
- Applicant Profile
Please find an example:
4. Enhanced Duplicate Candidate Profile Management
Improving the management of duplicate candidate profiles was one of the most urgent asks that had been given to us at SuccessConnect in 2016. With this release, this functionality has again been enhanced in multiple ways:
- A candidate now has to enter the email twice. Mistyping an email address was one of the major causes for duplicate accounts.
- There is now a new list view in the “Manage Duplicate Candidates” admin tool, that facilitates the working on duplicates a lot.
- Also it is possible to quickly jump from a potential duplicate candidate profile to Manage Duplicate Candidates admin tool, when the profile has been marked as a potential duplicate.
Here are a few screenshots of these new features:
Additional email check:
New List View:
Direct link from Candidate Profile:
5. A few additional enhancements that are worth mentioning:
- When a candidate is forwarded to a Job Requisition, the identity of the referrer will now be displayed on the Candidate Summary page as a one time message. We are also working on making this information permanently available in an additional column.
- Recruiting users now have the ability to add attachments to Recruiting E-Mail Templates, at the time of defining them.
- Partners can now initiate the reindexing of the candidate index (Solr index) by themselves, without having to open a CS ticket. Triggering such a reindexing can be necessary after an import of candidates or a change to data fields of the candidate profile.
- There are new Recruiting email triggers for the creation of a requisition in status pre-approved and approved. These can be very useful in scenarios where the requisition is not created by the hiring manager and then an email needs to be sent as a notification to this manager.
- New configurable footer for microsites: Some companies are obliged to present disclaimers and further legal information on the external career site. In RMK this has been possible, the RCM external career site so far had no possibility to show such a footer. This can now be defined for each microsite and language.
Thanks for reading this blog post. This post is limited to RCM features and leaves out RMK and Multiposting. However it does not have to. Please let us know and we could think about how to provide a post that would cover all of SuccessFactors Recruiting next release.