UAA Security is not up: A tricky error
Every once in a while, an error reminds us of Murphy’s law: Everything that can possibly go wrong will go wrong.
This particular error can have several root causes and I was meant to bump into many of them as I was trying to log in through the XS Advanced client. This message kept leaving me out:
Authentication failed. UAA at http://your-host:30032 uaa-security is not up
I knew the service was up. That is how it must feel to knock on a door knowing there is somebody inside and not being invited in.
Added to the frustration of not being able to continue with my coding, I found many people posting forever-unanswered questions. I decided to make something productive out of my troubleshooting time and create a How-to compiling possible solutions.
I will also leave this chart of ports and their associated service in a HANA server (using instance number 00), as it may become handy:
Basic Server Settings
- 22 : SSH connectivity to the server
- 80 : HTTP
- 1128 : SAP Host Agent
- 1129 : SAP Host Agent SSL
- 4300 : SAP Web Dispatcher as part of the SAP HANA installation
- 8000 : SAP Web Dispatcher as part of the SAP HANA installation
- 30015 : SQL/MDX access port for standard database access. Access to these ports must be enabled for all database clients, for example, applications, application servers, end-user clients, and SAP HANA Studio.
- 50013 : Instance Agent
- 50014 : Instance Agent SSL
Smart Data Services
- 9090 : Used by the Web Service Provider for SOAP requests
- 9091 : Used by the Web Service Provider for REST request
- 9092 : Used by the Web Service Provider for Websocket requests
- 9093 : Used by Streaming Web Service for Websocket & REST requests
- 30026 : Used for HANA Studio to connect to the Streaming server
- 30028 : External port for Remote Data Sync
- 65532 – 65534 : Each Streaming project required 3 ports to be used for the Gateway, SQL and Command ports. The current configuration opens 3 ports which will support running 1 project. To run additional projects the user will need to open 3 more ports for each project.
- 30000-30040: XSA Central Services
- 39928: XSA Central Services
- 53075: XSA Web IDE for SAP HANA
- 53001-53010: XSA Internal Services
- 51000-51100: XSA Public Services
- 50000-50300: XSA Public Services
- 49013: Application Endpoints
- 49015-49022: Application Endpoints
- 49030: Application Endpoints
- 55742: Application Endpoints
I hope it helps other developers get their hands busy with coding cool stuff.