Through a research period of four months, Eventful Conferences has conducted extensive interviews with 50+ chemical industry companies, and held two roundtable events in key chemical industry locations – Philadelphia, PA and Houston, TX. The intention of the research is to summarize the most common and critical challenges that the industry must address – crucial to their success. These pain points have been identified by the industry during the roundtables and throughout the interviews. The Best Practices for Chemicals Conference will strive to address each challenge, pain point and trend by providing solution-oriented presentations, backed by specific evidence and packaged to provide the audience with clear takeaways on how to achieve similar results.
In this issue we will discuss key challenges and questions around making the right decisions and picking the right tools for Procurement. If you missed or would like to revisit the previous entries in our series, please follow the links below.
While many have different processes and tools for procurement, all had similar concerns about understanding the long-term implications of today’s procurement decisions – to avoid over-stock of parts and raw materials, to encourage cost efficiencies and collaboration, and to ensure the greatest visibility into data and decision-making tools – and how technology can play a role in that.
- What tools exist that can aid my sourcing and e-sourcing?
- How do I get the organization to adopt the discipline to adhere to contracts?
- Particularly contracts for services is a challenge
- How do I build a business case for more sophisticated procurement tools?
- What are best practices for Supplier Relationship Management?
- How can I leverage SAP to improve procurement governance and sourcing decisions?
- What does SAP’s ARIBA network offer me that I don’t have inside SRM and MM, which I already have?
- How can my procurement processes help improve my accounts receivable/accounts payable processes?
- How can I leverage SAP to marry the processes in ways that make the most sense?
To get answers to these and many more questions come and visit us at the Best Practices for Chemicals Conference, being held in Houston on April 4-6, 2017 and Register Now!
Are you ready for the Digital Revolution in the Chemical Industry? Please take the Survey Now and let us help you in establishing the right platform and roadmap for your transition!