SAP Smart business provides API for developer to use its KPI tiles and drilldown within their application. We have created a sample application which has reference example and API documentation.
Reference application provides details of different type of tiles and controls possible with smart business. It also produces code used to create instance of those controls.
How to Access the Embedded Reference Application
- On the SAP HANA Cloud Platform, under Overview, choose Services.
- Click on the SAP Smart Business Service
- Click on the Developer Reference
It will open application with URL:
SAP Smart Business provides APIs to enable developers to use its KPI tiles and drilldown within their application. We have created a reference application which has a reference example.
The reference application provides details of different type of tiles and controls possible with SAP Smart Business. It also produces the code used to create instances of those controls.
Features of the Reference Application :
- Enables the user to create the following tiles types for an evaluation:
- Actual vs. Target
- Comparison multi-measure
- Dual (enables the user to see a numeric tile along with 1 of 4 other tile types within a single tile)
The reference application also allows the user to view the source code for the reference tile control that the user generates.
Enables the user to create a drilldown application for any evaluation:
- Provides a switch option for hiding/showing subcomponents within the drilldown
- Provides the option to delegate events between two drilldown applications, which means that when you apply filters to one drilldown, these filters are applied to another drilldown if they are chained.
- Currently events which is delegated is: filterChange
The reference application also allows the user to view the source code for the KPI control that the user generates.
So sample application lets you use see how control behaves and how can you instantiate these controls.
To know more about Smart Business Service, refer to the articles
Note: In case you face any issue with Smart Business Service, you can create an Incident on SAP Support Portal with the components: CA-GTF-SB-HCP. You may also contact Smart Business team at email@example.com.