Many organizations today distribute Apps via their own App stores using an MDM and MAM capabilities of their Enterprise Device Management Software’s. This gives them more control over the Apps and also plug in these Apps with automatic On Boarding features which makes life simple for an end user to consume the app. Lot of these Apps are customized to be used within the Organization and may not available for General Public.
SAP BusinessObjects Mobile can be on boarded with connections information so that the user does not need to do it once the App is installed on an end users device.
These are the steps that need to be followed to allow automatic connection creation when the App is installed on to the device via Airwatch:-
- Login to the Air watch Console, Select Apps & Books, then Select List View.
- Select the Public
- Click on Add Application just below the banner.
- In the Add Application Wizard, make the following selection then click Next.
- Platform : Apple iOS
- Source : Search App Store
- Name : SAP BusinessObjects Mobile
- In the result, select SAP BusinessObjects Mobile. You will be navigated now to Add Application Wizard screen with multiple tabs. The first few fields, including the URL, in the info tab are pre-filled.
- Enter the rest of the fields in the Info tab as appropriate to your company.
- Click the Assignment tab, then determine with Smart Groups can access the app.
- Click on the Deployment tab, then determine how to push the app to your users.
- Enable Send Application Configuration and enter the Configuration key and Configuration Value as shown below.
- Once Done, Click on Save & Publish.
- Now Click on Manage devices -> Install on the Enrolled devices.
NOTE:- For more information refer to the Administrator’s Guide (Section 5.10)