What is the Invoicing Unit and Who is the Employee Responsible?
The invoicing unit is a functional unit that is responsible for invoice verification. It is stored in the invoicing document for authorization purposes. The determination can be configured by the customer depending on the basis of buyers and suppliers. Except for global work list, it is a mandatory party that is determined by the system and is not allowed to be changed by the user.
The employee responsible is an employee belonging to/being manager or working for the invoicing unit who is responsible for the invoicing documents and is allowed to post it resp. who has posted it. He is a mandatory party that is determined by the system and is not allowed to be changed by the user.
1. Who is allowed to create invoices.
If the Workcenter „Supplier Invoicing“ is assigned to the user, he can create supplier invoices.
2. Determination of the invoicing unit
The determination of the invoicing unit can be maintained on basis of buying companies and suppliers.
3. Manager of the invoicing unit
The manager of the determined invoicing unit is allowed to post.
4. Employees of the invoicing unit
All employees of the determined invoicing unit are allowed to post.
5. Additional accountant for the invoicing unit
All employees that are assigned to the determined invoicing unit as additional accountant are allowed to post.
6. Default for employee responsible
Default for the employee responsible for the invoicing units is required, if user is not allowed to post.
Check & Assignment Sequence
Current user is checked for:
- User = default for the current invoicing unit?
- User = employee of the invoicing unit (“works in”)?
- User = manager of the invoicing unit (“is manager of”)?
- User = additional accountant of the invoicing unit (“works for”)?
If yes, user is allowed to post invoices.
If no, employee responsible is set to:
- Default user of the invoicing unit
- First employee of the invoicing unit
- First additional accountant of the invoicing unit
- Manager of the invoicing unit
Note: If user it not allowed to post invoices but triggers UI action “Post” the invoice is saved in status “Exception” or “Ready for Posting”.
Special Case: Global Worklist
If no invoicing unit is maintained at all no invoicing unit is available in the invoice. Then every business user is the employee responsible and is allowed to post the invoice. If the user is a technical user (e.g. in case of ERS) an default accountant has to be maintained.
Help Center a Search for: