During the briefing of the 1702 release of SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer SAP announced changes in the User Interface and Mobility strategy. In this blog post I will share the upcoming changes and I will highlight the impact for business and administrative users.
Why is SAP making changes in their UI and mobile platforms?
- SAP is working towards a unified user experience across all devices. The Responsive UI and Extended Edition of Cloud for Customer follows the Fiori design which is the heart of SAP’s user experience strategy.
- SAP is aiming to deliver innovations faster to a larger user base irrespective of device and platform.
- The offline capabilities of the Responsive UI have been improved over the last releases.
SAP hybris Cloud for Customer gives a unified user experience across all devices.
What will SAP change in the UI and mobile applications?
- Mobile innovations will be delivered exclusively in the Extended Edition apps.
- SAP will end the maintenance for the original native mobile applications after the 1711 release. This involves the following mobile apps: SAP hybris Cloud for Customer for Android and iOS (iPhone and iPad) and SAP hybris Customer Insight. These apps will no longer be available in the respective app stores.
- The maintenance for the MS Silverlight UI will be ended after November 2017. This means SAP will no longer support MS Silverlight UI after the end of maintenance.
How does this impact business and administrative users?
- When migrating to the new Extended Edition mobile apps business users will benefit from the latest innovations and technical advantages.
- For business users desktop functionality is offered in both Responsive UI and HTML5 UI. Companies who are still using MS Silverlight UI for business users should move to either Responsive UI or HTML5 UI as soon as possible and finish transition no later than August 2017.
- Administrative capabilities will be migrated from MS Silverlight UI to HTML5 UI. SAP will complete this process by May 2017. Administrative users should use HTML5 UI for administrative tasks as from the 1705 release.