SAP Forecasting and Replenishment – Finding the Right Balance
Dear SAP Community
What is the right balance between inventory and service level for a retailer?
To answer this question SAP Forecasting & Replenishment for Retail (SAP F&R) is a key solution because it drives efficient inventories in stores and DC of retailers. With its advanced multilevel replenishment capabilities it allows lower overall inventory levels and cost while optimizing fulfillment rates.
SAP Forecasting and Replenishment building blocks:
SAP F&R provides the following capabilities:
- Sophisticated demand forecast such as automated consideration of trends, seasonality and demand influencing factors e.g. promotions or specific holidays with significant impact on the sales curve.
- Automated replenishment with flexible safety stock policy and optimization features for orders, such as truck load building.
- Efficient DC replenishment driven by rolling store order forecasts up to the DC level for a most precise consideration of future demand.
- Alert-driven manual interventions to support the high degree of automation throughout all of the processes.
- Standard analytics content within SAP Business Warehouse to monitor the quality of the processes and of the solution implementation.
- Scalability and management of high data volumes.
- Fresh add-on for products with short shelf lives
Find out more about SAP Forecasting and Replenishment: