The Road Ahead
Are you a customer who is trying to fit your business onto a SAP S/4 HANA track? Are you a customer who is trying to understand a good transition path? Are you a partner who wants to give the best recommendation to your customer with respect to the S/4 HANA path? If the answer to the above questions is yes, then SAP has some exciting news for you – Find Your Path to SAP S/4HANA, a brand new course on the open SAP platform to support you in your quest.
An organization may already be on traditional ERP, SAP S/4HANA, and suite on HANA or on a hybrid of cloud and on premise scenario. You may want to roll out SAP S/4HANA as quickly as possible, try it in your headquarter or subsidiary or on a specific business unit. Whatever may be the requirement, it is true that there are multiple options available and SAP can help you identify the business benefits and plan your roadmap accordingly – this course precisely helps you to do choose your transition path.
Getting to know the course better
The Find Your Path to SAP S/4HANA course is your chance to find the transition path to SAP S/4HANA at your own pace, discover how you can be a part of it, and map the way forward to the future – where the digital revolution is heading. If you are a SAP customer, partner, solution architect, application architect, Project Manager, or anyone interested in the topic of SAP S/4HANA Implementation scenarios, then you must attend this course.
This is a 4-week course and experts from Product Management and Co-Innovation for SAP S/4HANA will lay out the fundamentals of the SAP S/4HANA adoption journey and explain three of the most popular scenarios:
- New implementation (Greenfield implementation) – this is for new SAP customers who want to move from a legacy system to SAP S/4HANA. In this scenario (deployable on both cloud and on premise), the customer installs the new SAP S/4HANA system, implements the Business Processes and generates an initial data load from his legacy system.
- System conversion (brownfield implementation) – this is for customers who want to change their current system into a SAP S/4HANA system. This scenario is an on premise only scenario.
- Landscape transformation – this is for customers who want to consolidate their landscape or to selectively transform data into a SAP S/4HANA system.
Four weeks decoded
In the first week of Find Your Path to SAP S/4HANA course, you will gain an insight into the innovation highlights and some new use cases of the latest 1610 release. You will also learn about the latest deployment options for SAP S/4HANA and how to interpret the roadmap. Week 1 will then conclude with an introduction to the award-winning SAP Fiori 2.0.
The next three weeks will delve into the details of the implementation scenarios.
Week 2 will cover new implementation through a case study. You will get to know its important aspects based on the new SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA implementation framework, right from preparation to go-live.
Week 3 will cover system conversion for an already installed SAP system. Here, you will learn how to move a complete SAP ERP application from your current SAP Business Suite running on any database to SAP S/4HANA.
In Week 4, you will learn about landscape transformation and its different scenarios. The session will conclude with a comparison between new implementation and system conversion.
All the 4 weeks will contain a combination of introduction to the topic and system demonstrations that explain the key steps in the transition to SAP S/4HANA and give decision support as well as concrete next steps.
After week four, the participants will have a further week to prepare for and take the final exam and earn a record of achievement.
Questions & Support:
- Before starting the course, please review the Frequently Asked Questions about openSAP courses.
- For technical and administrative questions, please contact the openSAP Helpdesk.
- Use the discussion forum to raise questions and discuss the course content with your fellow students.
So, come and join SAP’s ambition to be the de facto business standard for the digital economy with SAP S/4HANA and get your question, “When is the right point in time to move to S/4HANA and how?” answered.
Find more information here:
- Interesting series: #S/4HANA 1610: Use case series intro and collection
See you soon on openSAP!
Keep learning and follow me via @SDenecken to stay on top of the latest…