Through a research period of four months, Eventful Conferences has conducted extensive interviews with 50+ chemical industry companies, and held two roundtable events in key chemical industry locations – Philadelphia, PA and Houston, TX. The intention of the research is to summarize the most common and critical challenges that the industry must address – crucial to their success. These pain points have been identified by the industry during the roundtables and throughout the interviews. The Best Practices for Chemicals Conference will strive to address each challenge, pain point and trend by providing solution-oriented presentations, backed by specific evidence and packaged to provide the audience with clear takeaways on how to achieve similar results.
In this issue we will discuss the importance of regulatory compliance for the chemical industry and what issues need to addressed from a global business perspective. If you missed or would like to revisit the previous entries in our series, please follow the links below.
- Regulatory Issues
While many chemical companies recognize that other industries are worth learning from, there are aspects of the chemical industry that require specific conversations, with regulatory concerns being chief among them. With specific regulations like those for exportation or materials handling, the chemical industry can’t afford to be uncompliant but also would like to leverage automation, analytics and the like to make reporting and other compliance requirements more efficient and in line with other business processes. To do this, many chemical companies look to better leverage technology to meet this need.
- What are some best practices for regulatory data management in the chemicals industry?
- How can I standardize data inputs and reporting to make compliance reporting easier and more automated?
- How can I keep track of information needed for various entities – such as by country, by global standards, by state?
- How can we best integrate a new or updated regulation into our data and analytics processes?
- When we have multiple interfaces, how can we best manage what regulation updates need to occur where?
- How can I leverage technology to make reporting to agencies easier and more automated?
To get answers to these and many more questions come and visit us at the Best Practices for Chemicals Conference, being held in Houston on April 4-6, 2017 and Register Now!
Are you ready for the Digital Revolution in the Chemical Industry? Please take the Survey Now and let us help you in establishing the right platform and roadmap for your transition!