Resource and Capacity Planning in SAP using SAP Multiresource Scheduling
Introduction to MRS
SAP MultiResource Scheduling (MRS) is a solution for resource / capacity management in the following areas:
- PM / CS Order
- PS Project [Network]
- CRM Service Order.
- Collaboration Projects
- Dealer Business Management [DBM].
- In addition, there is a web based Resource Management [RM] module also available, which works in sync with PS for specific scenarios eg: professional services.
It gives you a dashboard where you can visualize your service planning status and assign requests to your service staff and tools using an intuitive graphical planning board.
SAP Multiresource Scheduling provides the following main functions:
- Graphical interfaces to plan resources and demands manually using information about open demands, the utilization of resources, and possible conflicts with the current resource planning situation
- Automatic support for resource planning based on availability, qualifications, and partner roles, as well as utilization-based automatic assignment creation and intelligent shifting of existing assignments
- Optimization of daily assignment planning, for example, to maximize utilization, minimize travel times, or adhere to SLAs
- Integration of geographic information systems to visualize travel routes and support the search for the nearest employee
- Integration with mobile devices to provide information to employees and track the status of assignments
The planning dashboard board is available in 2 flavors.
GUI Planning Board
Web Planning Board
An optimizer has been integrated into SAP Multiresource Scheduling to ensure that your resources are used effectively when they are planned.
By optimizing the assignments, you can minimize the number of resources used, as well as the costs and travel times for each resource.
Optimizer can be used in following flavors
- Optimization “on demand”: As the resource planner, you call the optimizer from the planning board.
- Optimization by periodic planning (optimization in the background):
- You plan the optimization to run regularly at a specific time (for example, overnight).
- Automatic optimization: The system uses the optimizer during automatic assignment creation for the areas of Customer Service and Plant Maintenance.
Content contains some parts from help.sap.com.
For more information please refer the online documentation: http://help.sap.com/mrs1000