This blog covers the known issues for the SAP S/4HANA 1610 Fully-Activated Appliance (if not indicated otherwise, the issues will occur in client 100 or across all clients).
The overview blog for this appliance can be found under https://blogs.sap.com/?p=406099
List of known issues
- Appliance master password must not start with special characters (#,$,_)
- Browser issues with Firefox & Internet Explorer
- MS Azure: SAP GUI connection interruption
- Fiori Web Assistant doesn’t work (no ‘question mark’ icon in Fiori header)
- Two BI platform reports don’t show data (Cost Center Plan/Actual and Profit Center Plan/Actual)
- User S4H_CO: ‘My Spend’ app error
- User S4H_SD: ‘Manage Billing Documents’ app error
- User S4H_SD: ‘Manage Sales Orders’ app error
- User S4H_SD: ‘Release for Delivery’ app (aATP scenario) shows incorrect or no values
- User S4H_MM: EWM inbound materials don’t get replicated into S/4HANA MM (faulty RFC connection S4HCLNT100)
- Questions regarding the newly started 2017 period
- ‘My Spend’ app is empty
- 2016 FI postings not visible (Balance Carryforward)
- No new materials can be posted (Inventory Mgmt. period closed)
- Transport route contains unknown system CL5
- Issues with triggering the workflow for Bank Account Managements
- The Fiori Theme Designer doesn’t work
Known issues & resolutions in detail
Appliance master password must not start with special characters (#,$,_)
If your appliance master password (that you choose in the SAP CAL console when creating an instance) starts with special characters, the SAP NetWeaver J2EE engine will not be deployed correctly (the other virtual machines will work).
Start your master password with an alphanumeric character (letter or digit). The issue is under investigation by the SAP CAL team.
Browser issues with Firefox & MS Internet Explorer on remote desktop
Firefox (both on S/4HANA trial remote desktop and as local browser) will not display all cards within overview pages (e.g. within the Order-to-Cash overview of user S4H_SD).
Internet Explorer on Azure remote desktop doesn’t display entire overview pages or smart business apps (this is due to MS IE settings that can not be controlled remotely, you can change these settings manually in the browser, though).
Google Chrome doesn’t have any major known restrictions on the remote desktop so far and is recommended as browser (download it here , use Firefox to open the download URL since MS IE will block the download with the default settings mentioned above).
Note: Chrome might have some issues when running on Windows 10 on your local laptop. If you experience strange effects in the Fiori launchpad with Chrome on Windows 10 (e.g. non-functional links) try with a different browser before raising error messages in the forum.
Some of the issues may also be solved by updating the SAPUI5 runtime library to the latest version (S-user required to download from the SAP support web sites, upgrade to e.g. version 1.40.16 is described in SAP Note 2408080, future versions will have separate SAP Notes).
MS Azure: SAP GUI connection interruption
When deploying on Microsoft Azure via public Internet connection (no VPN), the SAP GUI / SAPLogon connection to the S/4HANA system frequently breaks.
You need to maintain two parameters (rdisp/keepalive and rdisp/keepalive_timeout) in the default profile of the SAP S/4HANA system (via transaction RZ10). Please see the respective Microsoft support site for details.
The SAP CAL team is working on a script that will automatically set these two parameters for MS Azure deployments.
Fiori Web Assistant doesn’t work (no ‘question mark’ icon in Fiori header)
This is due to a changed certificate behavior that was introduced after the release of the appliance. The resolution is browser-based and takes ~10 minutes.
- Go to https://xray.hana.ondemand.com/xRayControls/resources/sap/dfa/help/cfg/sap with the Chrome browser (other browsers may work differently). An empty white page should appear.
- Click the ‘lock icon’ on the left of the URL
- Click Details
- View Certificate
- Go to Details tab
- Click “Copy to File”
- Select “Next”
- Choose “Base-64 encoded X.509 (.CER)”
- Browse for the location you want to save it (eg. C:\docs) and type in a file name (eg. ondemand.cer)
- Go to https://vhcals4hcs.dummy.nodomain:44301/sap/admin and login with user BPINST, password Welcome1
- Go to Menu > SSL and Trust Configuration > PSE Management
- From the Manage PSE pulldown menu (top of the page), select SAPSSLC.pse
- Click on import certificate
- Open the saved certificate (eg. “ondemand.cer”) from the saved location with notepad
- Copy the content of the file between —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE—– and —–END CERTIFICATE—- ,including those two lines
- Paste this into the “import certificate” form and then click Import
- Go to Menu > Core System > Monitor > Click on running drop down menu > Select Shutdown of SAP Web Dispatcher. Confirm the warning message and select Back.
- Refresh the Fiori launchpad page and you should see the ‘question mark icon’ with the context-sensitive Fiori help items (you might need to clear your browser cache as well).
BI platform: Reports ‘Cost Center Plan/Actual’ and ‘Profit Center Plan/Actual’ don’t show data with default parameters
When running the above reports with the default prompt values, you will receive a ‘No data available’ message in the reports.
Resolution: Choose ‘Cal. Year, 4 Special Periods 2016‘ as fiscal year in the prompt selection screen (the default value is 2015 but there is no data for 2015 in the S/4HANA system).
User S4H_CO: Error when leaving the ‘My Spend’ app
Update the SAPUI5 runtime library in the SAP S/4HANA ABAP system (version 1.40.16 fixes the issue, see SAP Note 2408080 how to deploy it).
If you cannot update the library (e.g. you don’t have an S-user for downloading it), refresh the Fiori launchpad and continue with your demo (the error won’t affect your demo story but is just a minor glitch).
User S4H_SD: Error in ‘Manage Billing Documents’ app
When the billing document smart link is used to navigate further to Create/Change/Display a new window/tab opens while in the initial window/tab the “The request resource could not be found” message is shown.
Resolution: Under investigation. Error can be ignored, reload the ‘Manage Billing Document’ in the first tab and continue with your demos)
User S4H_SD: Error in ‘Manage Sales Orders’ app
When the sales order smart link is used in order to display the aggregated process flow, the following error pops up: “The mandatory parameter ProcObsvrProcessDefinition is missing” and the document flow is not shown.
Resolution: Under investigation.
User S4H_SD: ‘Release for Delivery’ app (aATP scenario) shows incorrect or no values
In some situations the app shows in tab titles an outdated count of items in the corresponding table. Also, if you release a material that contains at least one sales order item without any confirmation, then the delivery creation for all sales order items of this material fails without notification
User S4H_MM: EWM inbound materials don’t get replicated into S/4HANA MM (faulty RFC connection S4HCLNT100)
When creating a new material in EWM (EWM inbound process), the respective material document and other entries should also be written back into the MM sections of SAP S/4HANA. Due to an issue with an RFC destination, this write-back doesn’t happen and the materials are parked in the EWM queue (transaction SMQ1 shows CPIC errors).
This error should only happen in instances that have been created prior to Feb 13th, 2017. In later instances, this has been automatically fixed using a startup script of SAP CAL.
In client 100, go to transaction SM59 > ABAP Connections and maintain the entry S4HCLNT100. Delete the entry saphost in field target host and save. Click on Connection Test to verify that the connection is working.
If you have created EWM materials before, you can execute the faulty queue in transaction SMQ1 again to replicate them into MM.
Questions regarding the newly started 2017 period
‘My Spend’ app is empty
The data for the ‘My Spend’ app (user S4H_CO) is valid for 2016 only, however, the default value of the app is set to month-to-date which won’t yield any data.
Go to the Me area of the Fiori launchad > App settings > Time Period > Other Time Periods > Year and select Fiscal Year 2016
2016 FI postings not visible (Balance Carryforward)
The transactional sample data (FI postings, …) in the appliance have been created for FY 2016 i.e. certain FI scenarios might lack data for FY 2017.
You can carry forward the sample data into FY 2017 (using the ‘Carry Forward Balance’ Fiori app of user S4H_FIN or the SAP GUI transaction FAGLGVTR).
Before doing this, implement SAP Note 2355000 (otherwise you will get errors).
No new materials can be posted (Inventory Mgmt. period closed)
This is standard behavior. Please see chapter 184.108.40.206 in the sample demo story document how to resolve it.
Transport route contains unknown system CL5
When creating objects that need to be written into transport requests, you can select a logical system CL5 as target system but the request will fail since the system physically doesn’t exist.
Delete the transport route for this system (transaction STMS > Overview > Transport Routes > Display/Change > Mark system CL5 > Delete > Delete Selected Links & Nodes > Save > Confirm the following pop-ups.
Issues with triggering the workflow for Bank Account Managements
You encounter issues when creating workflows within bank account management (e.g. for initiating new house banks or bank transfers, as described in the demo guide in chapter 2.5 Cash Daily Operations).
Apply SAP Note 2432703
The Fiori Theme Designer doesn’t work
You receive errors when creating customer-specific themes in the Fiori Launchpad Designer.