How to reduce costs for SAP S/4HANA 1610, Fully-Activated Appliance
Good news for the holidays, we have just released the new SAP S/4HANA 1610, Fully-Activated Appliance solution. It comes with two new features in SAP Cloud Appliance Library.
If you want to optimize the costs for this solution, you can do it by not activating the optional virtual machines for this solution.
The procedure for optimizing the costs for this solution is simple:
- In SAP Cloud Appliance Library, choose Solutions.
- Choose Create Instance for the SAP S/4HANA 1610 solution.
The system opens the Create Instance wizard.
- Choose Advanced Mode to switch from basic to advanced mode.
- Go through the steps and in the Virtual Machines step check the Sizes table and see the Activate column.
- Deselect the optional virtual machines.
Note that if you want to check which are the optional virtual machines for your solution, go to the Solutions tab and see the solution details in the Recommended VM Sizes table, column Required.
- Go to the last step in the wizard and choose Create.
To see that the created instance will be activated successfully, you can check the Software Status of each virtual machine in the solution instance. To do this, go to the instance details and check the Virtual Machines section, column Software Status. Note that we will not be able to show the Software Status if your solution instance is behind a proxy.