HANA Rules Framework (HRF) blog of blogs
HANA Rules Framework (HRF)
Welcome to the SAP HANA Rules Framework (HRF) Blog of blogs (formerly known as Community Site)
SAP HANA Rules Framework provides tools that enable application developers to build solutions with automated decisions and rules management services, implementers and administrators to set up a project/customer system, and business users to manage and automate business decisions and rules based on their organizations’ data.
In daily business, strategic plans and mission critical tasks are implemented by a countless number of operational decisions, either manually or automated by business applications. These days – an organization’s agility in decision-making becomes a critical need to keep up with dynamic changes in the market.
SAP HANA Rules Framework is already integrated with many SAP solutions and it enables their end users to enter business logic easily in different business processes (see some samples below).
HRF Main Objectives are:
- To seize the opportunity of Big Data by helping developers to easily build automated decisioning solutions and\or solutions that require business rules management capabilities
- To unleash the power of SAP HANA by turning real time data into intelligent decisions and actions
- To empower business users to control, influence and personalize decisions/rules in highly dynamic scenarios
HRF Main Benefits are:
Rapid Application Development | Simple tools to quickly develop auto-decisioning applications
- Built-in editors in SAP HANA studio that allow easy modeling of the required resources for SAP HANA rules framework
- An easy to implement and configurable SAPUI5 control that exposes the framework’s capabilities to the business users and implementers
Business User Empowerment | Give control to the business user
- Simple, natural, and intuitive business condition language (Rule Expression Language)
- Simple and intuitive reusable UI5 control that supports text rules and decision tables
- Scalability and Performance | HRF as a native SAP HANA solution leverages all the capabilities and advantages of the SAP HANA platform, therefore it enables the fastest execution of analytical rules. Analytical or historical rules are rules that depended heavily on database records (for example – a daily risk calculation of millions of accounts based on their history).
For more information on HRF please contact email@example.com
- NEW!!! Rules on SAP Cloud Platform (Beta)!
- NEW!!! SAP HANA Rules Framewrok 1.00 SP11 is available (on XSC and on XSA)!
- SAP HANA Rules Framework’s new documenatation page
- How to enable Analytical Rules on BRFplus?
- Details about Rule Builder (Decision Table) reuseable component on UI5 Demo Kit
- SAP HANA Rules Framework’s official documentation on SAP Service Marketplace
- SAP Decision Management Vision and Roadmap
- SAP HANA Rules Framework’s tutorials on SAP HANA Academy.
- HRF Online Course:
- 1. Lesson number-1: How to install SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 2. Lesson number-2: How to create a simple vocabulary on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 3. Lesson number-3: How to create outputs and actions on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 4. Lesson number-4: How to create dependent vocabularies on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 5. Lesson number-5: How to create value lists on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 6. Lesson number-6: How to create a text rule on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 7. Lesson number-7: How to create a decision table on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 8. Lesson number-8: How to create aliases on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 9. Lesson number-9: How to create rule service on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 10. Lesson number-10: How to create rule template on SAP HANA Rules Framework?
- 11. Lesson number-11: How to write complex rules utilizing Rule Expression Language?
SAP solutions already utilizing HRF:
Here are some (partial list) SAP solutions that utilizes HRF in different domains:
- SAP Fraud Management – link
- SAP hybris Marketing: – link
- Predictive Studio
- Offer Recommendation Intelligence
- Score Builder
- SAP Operational Process Intelligence – link
- SAP Transportation Resource Planning (TRP) – link
- SAP Agile Data Preparation (ADP) – link
- SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP) for response and supply – link
- IoT SIM management for SAP HANA (SIMM) – link