In order to ensure a smooth and successful transition to the New Year using Bank Statement Processing in SAP Business One, SAP Business One Support suggest that you proceed as follows:
- Ensure that you have imported and finalized in the system all the draft bank statements pertaining to 2016 before finalizing any drafts from the year 2017. While you can import and finalize the 2016 drafts as late as in the beginning of the new year after the holidays, do not start with the ones belonging to 2017 until you have completed the year 2016.
- Remind your users to watch out for the following error that pops up if your year-periods are defined as calendar years:
After adding this statement to the new year-period the actual period will be closed. Continue?
- You might as well take precautions and consider ceasing the import of drafts belonging to the new year so that you avoid unnecessary impediments, for example by deactivating the Import from File button once all the drafts have been imported for the current year. You can do this under Administration → Setup → Banking → House Bank Accounts by deselecting the Imported Bank Statement checkbox for all of the relevant account lines that point to Format Type: Bank Statements.
- Ensure that you understand the numbering logic of Bank Statement Processing as well as you conduct all the required settings within Document Numbering functionality for the upcoming year.
If you do not take the above measures, you might face issues in the new year. Check the below sections of SAP Note 2075202 (Troubleshooting – Bank Statement Processing – Issues with Finalizing Draft Bank Statements) to learn how to resolve or mitigate them:
- Statement Number Already Exists in This Year
- Series Period Does Not Match Current Period
- Previous Fiscal Year-Period Closed
Last but not least, as always when approaching a new year with SAP Business One:
- Create the New Posting Periods, give yourself and your customer enough time to do this vital task correct from the start. Should something go wrong you will have sufficient time to get it corrected. Keeping in mind the information in note 1050246 (Posting period administration and management)
- Create the new Document Numbering Series, same as with the posting periods, there is no need to leave this until the last minute.
We wish you an stress-free transfer to the new year.