Revision of the Harmonized System 2017
The Council of the World Customs Organization decided on the 28th June 2014 to accept changes to HS nomenclature according to Art. 16 HS, which comes into force on the 1st January 2017 and replaces HS 2012. A total of 233 changes were made, possibly requiring a reclassification in SAP GTS.
Due to revision of the Harmonized System, all nomenclatures based on this system are affected, for example:
- Commodity code – combined nomenclature
- TARIC – Integrated Tariff of the European Union
- Code number – Electronic customs tariff
- TARES – Swiss customs tariff
- Schedule B – Statistical Classification of Domestic and Foreign Commodities Exported from the US
This makes reclassification necessary by 1st January 2017.
Attached to KBA 2404473 – KBA: Revision of the Harmonized System 2017 you can find tutorials to support SAP GTS Endusers during the reclassification.
The attachments are available in English and German.
SAP GTS Global Support
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.