Technical Upgrade to SAP HANA 2.00.000.00.1479874437
SAP HANA Platform 2.0 was announced at SAP TechEd Barcelona being held Nov. 8–10 and is now Generally available for SAP partners & clients as of 30th Nov 2016.
This is to run through my experience with SAP HANA 2 Technical Upgrade on RHEL 7.2
- Guest Operating system supported by SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 00 Database Revision 2.00.000
- Backup HANA database & vm
- HANA 2 requires the compat-sap-c++-5 package, Install compat-sap-c++-5 on RedHat 7.2 using command #yum install compat-sap-c++-5
- Copy SIGNATURE.SMF from <sapmnt>/<SID>/hdblcm/SIGNATURE.SMF to temporary location [Upgrade Media], refer Note 207842 for more information.
- Download Upgrade Media from SAP HANA PLATFORM EDITION 2.0
- Copy Media onto the Server and extract under temporary location [Upgrade Media], please note archives can be extracted using Resident HDBLCM or using known tool SAPCAR
Run SAP HANA Upgrade
Start Upgrade tool – HANA Database LifeCycle Manager [HDBLCM]
Below is using hdblcm command line tool, other HDBLCM interfaces available are HDBLCMGUI & HDBLCMWEB
- Go to temporary directory [Upgrade Media] and execute command line ./hdblcm
- Choose ActionSelect option 1 to update HDB
- Choose components to be installed or updatedSelect all components
- Enter password for <sid>adm & SYSTEM
- Review summary before executionConfirm with “y” to start Upgrade
- Review upgrade process
- Review upgrade logs under /var/tmp
- Review HANA DB Release Information
Login to SAP HANA Studio and review General Informtion
- Trigger HANA DB database backup
I will update my next blog with the advanced upgrade procedure to reduce downtime with Production HANA System upgrade.
Important SAP Notes
2380229 – SAP HANA Platform 2.0 – Central Note
2380257 – SAP HANA Platform 2.0 SPS 00 Release Note
2363299 – SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 00 Database Revision 000
2002167 – Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x: Installation and Upgrade
2399995 – Hardware requirement for SAP HANA 2.0
2381397 – Release Notes for SAP HANA Application Lifecycle Management for SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 00
Thanks Jitendra, nice document.
I have a question.
Did you have to go with analyzing minimum support pack of Hana & its plug ins? What is the minimum SP level for Hana database to goto 2.0?
I appreciate your input.