SAP Activate Content Updates for SAP S/4HANA Cloud-2108
Updated October 4, 2021
SAP Activate provides a clear guided methodology to deploy, adopt and extend new capabilities across your organization. The SAP Activate implementation Roadmap Viewer is a tool used by the implementation project team members to navigate the phases, deliverables, tasks and accelerators related to the SAP Activate.
The implementation roadmap is updated frequently to contain the latest scope, processes and accelerators. The content updates occur throughout the quarter with final changes coinciding with the cloud solution quarterly release.
This blog summarizes the changes for the roadmap SAP Activate Methodology for S/4HANA Cloud.
October 4 Release Notes
- Consolidated the content of tasks, Execute Transport Sprints via Manage Your Solution App and Execute Transport Sprints via SAP Central Business Configuration, into one task Transport Configuration.
- Reordered the tasks in deliverable Solution Configuration.
- Updated the procedure steps in task Request Expert Configuration.
- Added a new accelerator, Blog – User Authentication in SAP Central Business Configuration, to task Access the SAP Central Business Configuration. This blog provides details on how to manage business users in Central Business Configuration.
- Created a new accelerator, Blogs – SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool Search in the SAP Community, to link to blogs on Test Automation. The accelerator was added to task Self-Enable on Test Management and Tools and others.
- Updated the task Request Expert Configuration to include additional procedure notes and emphasize that expert confirmation is limited to a pre-approved list in the SSCUI and Expert Configuration
- Check out the new SAP Activate community at SAP.com and press the Follow button to Follow us for the latest information.
September 20 Release Notes
- Added a new tag, Professional Services, to highlight all task related to a Professional Services implementation of SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Updated the swim lane graphics in the Overview to better match the current content.
- Updated the Chinese and Japanese content to the 2108 release.
- New accelerator Blog – SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Automation Tool – FAQ Blog Series added to task Create Test Process (Test Case) and other locations.
- Added a new accelerator, Fit-to-Standard Workshops – Mural Template, to task Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops. Update the procedure text to include use of the accelerator.
September 3 Release Notes
- Added the task Self-Enable on the Fit-to-Standard Process to provide learning guidance related to the fit-to-standard process. Included in the task are links to a blog that contains fit-to-standard simulation videos. Blog – How to Conduct Fit-to-Standard Workshops in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Implementations – A Business Simulation.
- Consolidated several configuration tasks into one Configure SAP S/4HANA Cloud The eliminated tasks will be generated automatically in SAP Cloud ALM based on configuration options in SAP Central Business Configuration.
- Relocated task Ensure Project Team Members Access to the SAP Support Portal, SAP Best Practices Explorer, and SAP Customer Communities to under deliverable Getting Started with your SAP Implementation.
- Relocated deliverable SAP Supporting Implementation Tools Access to after deliverable Initial System Access for S/4HANA Cloud.
- Updated the bullets in task Develop the Data Migration Approach and Strategy.
- Updated the description of deliverable New Scope Activation via SAP Central Business Configuration.
- Updated tagging of Two-tier accelerators. Renamed the Two-tier tag to Hybrid Deployment (Two-tier ERP). Updated accelerator Two-Two Scenario.pptx accelerator to Hybrid Deployment (Two-Tier ERP).zip.
August 23 Release Notes
- Added two new tasks to enhance the deliverable Enablement Delivery. The new tasks are Initiate Delivery for Trainers and Plan Learning Logistics.
- Added a new accelerator, Help – RPA Job monitor guide, to task Monitor the Jobs in RPA Factory.
- Relocated the task Request Access to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Assessment Tool to deliverable System Go-Live. The tool is based on the production system.
- Consolidated several ‘Configure…’ tasks in Solution Configuration into one task Configure SAP S/4HANA Cloud. The removed tasks will be added back in automatically in SAP Cloud ALM and will link to the activities in SAP Central Business Configuration.
- Added a new task Evaluate and Activate Continuous Feature Delivered to deliverable Continuous Improvement.
- Added accelerator SAP Note 3061520 – Key User Extensibility – Configure Setting to task Detail Design on Key-User Extensibility.
2108 Release Notes
- Refreshes to several slides in the Onboarding Presentation in task Review Overview Documentation.
- Updated the text in task, Self-Enable on SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit, to include the Migration Object Modeler.
- Updated the graphics in the Overview page to reflect the current deliverable structure.
- Added a new testing overview presentation, Test Management Guide, to task Self-Enable on Test Management and Tools.
- A new task, Evaluate and Request Test Data Refresh, was added to deliverable Ongoing System Operations. This task provides links to information on the new Test Data Refresh service.
- Various description and procedure updates to workstream Application Design and Configuration. This improves general usability and re-use in other S/4HANA roadmaps.
- Miscellaneous readability improvements to several deliverables and tasks.
July 2 Release Notes
- Added accelerator Backup and Disaster Recovery for S/4HANA Cloud.pdf to tasks Create a Strategic Road Map and Value Case and Access SAP Support Service.
- Created a new deliverable for Cloud Mindset Assessment and related task Execute the Cloud Mindset Assessment. Reassigned 3 accelerators. Added two new accelerators.
- Removed the SAP Cloud Trust Center deliverable and associated task. Removed deliverable Logging a Support Ticket and related tasks. Added a new task Access SAP Support Service in existing deliverable Ongoing System Operation.
June 21 Release Notes
- Relocated the Continuous Improvement deliverable in Run to after Release Cycles for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Updated the task Create a Strategic Road Map and Value Case to include a procedure step to review the accelerator Customer CoE Strategy Governance and Organization
- Renamed Establish Support Processes task to Establish Support and Operation Processes. Renovated the description and procedure and added accelerator SAP Cloud ALM for Operations.
- Renamed task Ensure Project Team Members Access to the SAP Activate Methodology Jam Groups to Ensure Project Team Members Access to the SAP Activate Community. Updated the procedure to verify access to the SAP Activate Community.
- Updated the links to accelerators Help Import Collection and Help Export Collection in task Transport Extensibility Entities to P-System.
June 7 Release Notes
- Update the name of task Request and Initial Configuration of the Quality System via SAP Central Business Configuration to Execute Initial Setup of the Quality System via SAP Central Business Configuration. Removed the activity, Request Q-system, from procedure step 1. The request of the Q-system was moved to Starter Project.
- Updated task Set Up Starter Project in SAP Central Business Configuration to include the activity, Request Quality System, and other usability improvements.
- Add a new accelerator link, SAP ONE Support Regression Issue Search, to task Review Hotfix Collection Information. This KBA link will show the known issues related to a quarterly upgrade.
- Added a procedure step #3 to the task Self-Enable on Test Management and Tools to review the Cloud Tutorials.
- Released the 2105 Japanese and Chinese language content updates.
- Updated task Access SAP Cloud ALM and Create Users with a step 5 and other general improvements. When moving into CALM, some roadmap viewer tasks have already been performed and should be set to ‘Done’.
- Added the published date to the Overview view (right side) for better visibility of the latest update.
- Added a new accelerator, Standard Content Delivered API TDC UI Control Repository.xlsx, to task Edit Action Data and Change Visibility of Test Process.
- Revised the procedure note for task Request the Production System. The P-system creation will only trigger 2 emails since, in most cases, the production IAS has already been provisioned.
- Renamed the accelerator Help – Set Up SAP Central Business Configuration to Help – User Setup and Access in task Access the SAP Central Business Configuration.
- Removed procedure note references to RealSpend and SAP Financial Statement Insights (1KU) in task Finance – Conduct Workshop. This scope item is no longer offered.
May 24 Release Notes
- Added accelerator SAP Note 3032572 – S/4HANA Cloud Reports for Auditors to task Track Changes in Configuration for Manage Your Solution App to provide more information to users on auditing related information that you can access in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Assigned new accelerator How to Integrate SAP S/4HANA Cloud with Payment Service Providers.pptx to task Finance – Conduct Workshop. Updated the procedure notes.
- Project plan download updated for 2105 content.
- Added two accelerators API Data Download – Technical Setup Document.pdf and API Data Download Process.pdf to task Create Initial Integration and API List.
- Revised the procedure in Access SAP Cloud ALM and Create Users to improve flow. Added a final step to continue with the Activate roadmap in the SAP Cloud ALM tool instead of the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer. Added Blog – Project Setup in SAP Cloud ALM to guide the project set up.
- Updated the title of task Determine the Migration Objects for S/4HANA Cloud to Determine the Required Master Data and Transactional Data for S/4HANA Cloud. Updated the description and procedure to better readability.
- Updated the title of task Download Migration Object Templates for S/4HANA Cloud to Determine Migration Cockpit Field Structures for S/4HANA Cloud. Slight readability changes to the procedure.
2105 Release Notes
- Improved Activate Roadmap Viewer tool to include interactive help and direct access to ‘What’s New’. SAP Activate Methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Renamed task Set Up selected Test Automation Tools to Set Up Selected Third Party Automated Testing Tools.
- Updated the guidance in task Execute Regression Testing.
- Added accelerator Intelligence Technologies for S4HANA Cloud.pdf to task Create Initial Artificial Intelligence List.
- Replaced the S/4HANA Cloud Product Roadmap.pptx accelerator with a link to the new SAP Road Map Explorer This accelerator is linked to several tasks.
- Updated several setup guide accelerators to include both the SAP Central Business Configuration and Manage Your Solution scenarios of configuration.
- Remodeled Self-Enable on the Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud to include the broader subject of testing. Renamed to Self-Enable on Test Management and Tools.
- Renamed task Document Scope Bundle to Document Scope Bundle for Manage Your Solution App. Added a qualifier that the task is only relevant to Manage Your Solution configuration scenarios. Added the accelerator link to SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Restrictions.
- Several accelerator updates related to the 2105 release and general content improvements.
- Miscellaneous readability improvements to several deliverables and tasks.
April 5 Release Notes
- Enhanced the differentiation between the deliverables/tasks for customers configuring with SAP Central Business Configuration and customers still configuring with the Manage your Solution This includes title description enhancements. Examples of the new text can be viewed via task Request and Initial Configuration of the Quality System via SAP Central Business Configuration and task Request Quality System via Manage Your Solution App. Several deliverables and tasks were improved.
- Added a new tag to identify the tasks that are relevant to projects configuring with the new SAP Central Business Configuration Manage your Solution specific tasks are not tagged (14).
- Replace accelerator Process Steps, Business Roles, and Apps.xlsx with Create Application – Workplace List.pdf. The accelerator is referenced in several tasks including Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops
- Added accelerator Quarterly Release/Upgrade Schedule to task Create and Schedule Test Plan
- Updated the Configure Tax Solution task to include instructions on configuring tax code for Pro Rata VAT.
March 22 Release Notes
- Added a new accelerator E-book – Migrating to SAP S/4HANA to tasks Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit and Develop the Data Migration Approach and Strategy.
- Promoted the procedure note to step six in the procedure of task Create Cutover Plan and Documentation. Changed the cutover schedule review window to greater than 4 weeks.
- Renamed accelerator AI Master List to GTM Use Cases.xlsx in task Create Initial Artificial Intelligence List and others.
- Updated Execute Transport Sprint task procedure notes with reference to the limitation of activities due to system locks in transports SAP Note 3024158 – Blue-Green Deployment for Hotfix Collection for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud. Central Business Configuration task Execute Transport Sprints in SAP Central Business Configuration also updated.
- Updated the name SAP Cloud Platform to SAP Business Technology Platform in several tasks, deliverables and accelerators.
- Updated the procedure in task Create Users in the Starter System by consolidating both Central Business Configuration and MyS procedures. Added a new accelerator link that contains both instructions. Similar changes made to Create Users in the Quality System and Create Users in the Production System. Removed accelerator SAP Note 2974809 – User Onboarding for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Improved the description and procedure in data management task Load Data into the Staging Tables of SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit.
- Refined the procedures related to SAP Central Business Configuration in tasks Set Up Starter Project in SAP Central Business Configuration, Request and Initial Configuration of the Quality System in SAP Central Business Configuration, and Create Preset Configuration User in the Quality System.
- Renamed task Receive Starter System and Reset Password, Access Starter System and Reset Password.
- Added a procedure step #7 to task Configure Identity and Access Management in the Q-System.
- Add a new task Create Self-Enablement Plan under deliverable Customer Team Self-Enablement to facilitate learning.
- Removed deliverable End User Learning Strategy. Added 3 new enablement related deliverables and associated tasks to the Prepare phase. The deliverables are: Enablement Assessment, Enablement Strategy, Learning Needs Analysis for Users, and Content Development Tool Deployment.
- Removed deliverable Learning Team and related tasks from the Explore phase.
- Removed deliverable Learning Content. Added deliverables and associated tasks to the Realize phase. The deliverables are: Enablement Content Development, Enablement Delivery.
- Removed deliverable Continuous Learning. Added deliverable User Experience Management Tool Deployment and associated tasks to the Run phase.
March 8 Release Notes
- Updated the name of the SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication Service to Identity Authentication service. This impacts the texts of several tasks and title of one accelerators. Task example: Self-Activation of Project Team Members in the Identity Authentication Service Accelerator: Help – Identity Authentication Service
- Updated the title of task Set Up Starter Project in SAP Central Business Configuration along with updates to the description, procedure and procedure notes.
- Remodeled several tasks in the Data Management workstream for improved usability and consistency with the other roadmaps.
- Added a procedure note to Create Initial Integration and API List. Removed accelerator Situation Handling_2020.pdf.
- Relocated Set Up Integration in the P-Landscape using Cloud Integration Automation Service (CIAS) to the first task in deliverable Integration Setup in the Productive Landscape.
- Added a New task Review Hotfix Collection Information in the deliverable Ongoing System Operations.
February 22 Release Notes
- Updated the procedure notes in task Executing a SAP Digital Discovery Assessment to include a reference to Integration Suite use cases.
- Updated the procedure in Set Up Integration using Cloud Integration Automation Service (CIAS), replaced the accelerator CIAS Scenarios Direct Links.xlsx with link CIAS-Integration Solution and Scenarios.
- Updated the Business Driven Questionnaires to release 2011 (lags 1 release) in task Perform Initial Business Process Assessment for S/4HANA Cloud.
- Reduced the accelerator list in task Review Overview Documentation. The removed accelerators are available elsewhere in the roadmap.
- On several testing tasks including Self-Enable on the Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, links to accelerators Test Your Processes User Guide.pdf, Manage Your Processes User Guide.pdf, and Analyze Automated Test Results User Guide.pdf have been converted to HTML links pointing to the help documentation. This impacts the categorization in the accelerator section of the assigned tasks, but the content remains the same.
2102 Release Notes
- Reinstated JB1 as the default integration to Employee Central and re-added task Set Up Employee Central Integration (JB1)
- Updated the Multi-country Rollout reference guide in task Review Overview Documentation.
- New links and related process associated with adding users to the System Notification subscriptions in task Receive Starter System and Reset Password.
- New deliverable and task Develop the Data Management Approach and Strategy for better planning of data migration.
- Removed the accelerator Data Migration to SAP S/4HANA from File (BH5) from several Data Management All data migration include file loads is via staging tables.
- Updated the 12 Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires accelerators in task Perform Initial Business Process Assessment for S/4HANA Cloud.
- Updated the text of task Maintain Cost Center Master Data to be consistent with the new cost center app functionality.
- Updates to SAP Central Business Configuration tasks Track Changes in Configuration in SAP Central Business Configuration, Self-Enablement on SAP Central Business Configuration, Execute Transport Sprints, Request the Production System, Set Production System to Live based on user feedback.
- Updates to the Remote Fit-to-standard playbook in task Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops.
- Removed accelerator SAP Note 2855105 – Cross Company Allocations in S/4HANA Cloud. It is being retired.
- Miscellaneous readability improvements and accelerator link updates.
December 28 Release Notes
- Modernized the graphics in the accelerator How to approach Fit-to-Standard Analysis – Cloud.pptx and How to Approach Fit-to-Standard During the Run Phase – Cloud.pptx
- Added a third procedure step to task Self-Enablement on SAP Central Business Configuration. The procedure points to the in-application help for further enablement.
December 14 Release Notes
- Added back integration via task Set Up Employee Central Integration (JB1). JB1 has been reworked and is once again the default method of integration to SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central. Deleted task Request SuccessFactors Employee Central Integration Setup Instructions.
- Added a reference to note 2992729 in task Transport Initial Change Project from Q-System to P-System to help with transport error resolution
November 30 Release Notes
- Consolidated the tasks Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and Answer Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires for SAP S/4HANA Cloud in task Perform Initial Business Process Assessment for S/4HANA Cloud.
- Renamed Find the Right Migration Objects to Determine the Required Migration Objects for S/4HANA Cloud.
November 16 Release Notes
- Renamed deliverable Solution Definition to Fit-to-Standard Analysis Documentation.
- Removed the ‘Apps Used’ section and references to Configure Your Solution in the tasks listed under deliverable Solution Configuration. CYS is not available for Central Business Configuration users.
- Added a procedure step #6 to task Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit to review and plan to the downtime associated with the quarterly upgrades.
- Several roles reallocated in the Application Design and Configuration stream (Cloud ALM only).
- Relocated Adapt Chart of Accounts to under deliverable Required Configuration Before System Use.
2011 Release Notes
- Added the deliverable Initial System Access to SAP Central Business Configuration and two related tasks.
- Added task Self-Enablement on SAP Central Business Configuration to deliverable Customer Team Self-Enablement.
- Updates to the Fit-to-Standard Analysis tasks to include setting the scope in SAP Central Business Configuration.
- New task Document Scope in SAP Central Business Configuration added to Solution Definition.
- Added a new SAP Central Business Configuration specific deliverable New Scope Activation in SAP Central Business Configuration and tasks for extending scope.
- New task Request and Initial Configuration of the Quality System in SAP Central Business Configuration.
- Updated Request the Production System to include in SAP Central Business Configuration instructions.
- Updated Transport Initial Change Project from Q-System to P-System to include in SAP Central Business Configuration instructions.
- Updated Adapt Chart of Accounts to include in SAP Central Business Configuration instructions.
- Updated Request Expert Configuration to include in SAP Central Business Configuration instructions.
- New task Track Changes in Configuration in SAP Central Business Configuration to include in SAP Central Business Configuration instructions.
- Removed deliverable Intercompany Setup and task Set Up Intercompany Finance Posting (1GP). The content has been moved to BPX.
- Removed the solution manager xml from the download. This file will no longer be provided.
- Created three new tasks in Explore related to Artificial Intelligence. Identify Business Processes for Situation Handling, Plan for Machine Learning, and Review Processes for Robotics Process Automation.
- Created a new deliverable Initial System Access for SAP Cloud ALM which includes and updated request process and access process.
- Several testing related updates to include SAP Cloud ALM’s manual test functionality. The tasks were added to the Test Preparation for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Removed the accelerator Setting Up Daily Availability Data Using an API.pdf from Configure Professional Services.
- Created a new tasks Document Initial Configuration Settings for SAP Central Business Configuration and Document Scope in SAP Central Business Configuration in deliverable Solution Definition.
- Several update to the Configure… tasks in deliverable Solution Configuration to support SAP Central Business Configuration.
- New procedure steps specific for SAP Central Business Configuration added to task Perform Manual Rework on Production System.
September 25 Release Notes
- Relocated deliverable Organizational Change Management Roadmap to after the project management setup deliverables.
- Improved readability of task Extend Solution to Include a New Country/Region
- Added a new task Verify Requirements for New Country/Region to deliverable New Country/Region Expansion.
- Added two new Artificial Intelligence tasks to increase guidance: Self-Enable on Artificial Intelligence and Create Initial Artificial Intelligence List
September 14 Release Notes
- Removed the overlap in the procedures of tasks and Prepare for Solution Walkthrough and Conduct Solution Walkthrough.
- Removed the post upgrade testing by SAP related tasks from deliverable Release Cycles for SAP S/4HANA Cloud in Realize. Post upgrade testing by SAP is only possible after go-live.
Aug 17 Release Notes
- Updates to the accelerator Identity and Access Management Quarterly Release Activities in task Revise Business Roles and Business Catalogs to support the new app Manage Business Roles Changes After Upgrades.
- Removed accelerators assigned to deliverables. These are redundant with the task accelerators and have caused confusion.
- Added a new task Perform Benchmarking Assessment for Value Baselining to deliverable Application Value and Scoping. This include 5 new accelerators to support the process.