Updated September 25, 2020
The SAP Activate implementation Roadmap Viewer is a tool used by the implementation project team members to navigate the phases, deliverables, tasks and accelerators related to the SAP Activate methodology.
The implementation roadmap is updated to contain the latest scope, processes and accelerators. The content updates occur throughout the quarter with final changes coinciding with the cloud solution quarterly release.
This blog summarizes the changes for the roadmap SAP Activate Methodology for S/4HANA Cloud.
September 25 Release Notes
- Relocated deliverable Organizational Change Management Roadmap to after the project management setup deliverables.
- Improved readability of task Extend Solution to Include a New Country/Region
- Added a new task Verify Requirements for New Country/Region to deliverable New Country/Region Expansion.
- Added two new Artificial Intelligence tasks to increase guidance: Self-Enable on Artificial Intelligence and Create Initial Artificial Intelligence List
September 14 Release Notes
- Removed the overlap in the procedures of tasks and Prepare for Solution Walkthrough and Conduct Solution Walkthrough.
- Removed the post upgrade testing by SAP related tasks from deliverable Release Cycles for SAP S/4HANA Cloud in Realize. Post upgrade testing by SAP is only possible after go-live.
Aug 17 Release Notes
- Updates to the accelerator Identity and Access Management Quarterly Release Activities in task Revise Business Roles and Business Catalogs to support the new app Manage Business Roles Changes After Upgrades.
- Removed accelerators assigned to deliverables. These are redundant with the task accelerators and have caused confusion.
- Added a new task Perform Benchmarking Assessment for Value Baselining to deliverable Application Value and Scoping. This include 5 new accelerators to support the process.
2008 Release Notes
- Added an new accelerator Help – Chart of Accounts Maintenance: Overview and procedure note to task Configure Finance.
- Added a procedure note on how to find the SSCUIs that do not support deletion to task Document Configuration Values.
- Removed intercompany task Set Up Intercompany Treasury and Risk Management (2F2, 1YI, 2HU, 2OI, 34M, 34L). The setup instructions have been migrated to the corresponding scope items in the Best Practices Explorer.
- Added a new accelerator SAP RPA Installation Steps to task Identify Processes for Robotics Process Automation.
- Various updates to the deliverables and tasks related to Fit-to-Standard analysis. Fit-to-Standard Analysis
- Added a procedure step 3 for opening the posting period prior to the Q-system upgrade to Maintain Master Data and Transactional Data. Renamed the task to Maintain Master, Transactional Data and Open Posting Periods.
- Added an email address for inquiries about post upgrade testing to task Prepare for Post Upgrade Testing by SAP.
- Added two new Robotics Process Automation installation guides to task Review Processes for Robotic Process Automation.
- Various processing time clarifications to Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade related to the changes in Service Center processing times.
June 29 Release Notes
- Added two links to SAP KBA notes to provide instruction on setting up Service Partner User Management to task Ensure Project Team Members Access to the SAP Support Portal, SAP Best Practices Explorer, and SAP Customer Communities.
- Updated the Business Driven Questionnaires for the 2005 release in task Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Added a new task Self-Enable with SAP Learning Journeys and a link to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Learning Journeys.
- Made the following changes to the cutoff dates in task Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade and various other tasks.
- Provisioning of the Q-system with the current release reduced from 24 days prior to the Q-system upgrade date to 10 days.
- Activation of the Q-system reduced from 20 days prior to the Q-system upgrade to 10 days.
- Provisioning the P-system with the same release reduced from 15 days prior to the Q-system upgrade to 7 days.
- Latest day to request activation of a scope item and new country reduced from 15 day prior to the Q-system upgrade to 10 days.
June 15 Release Notes
- Added a link to the SAP Cloud ALM What’s New to task Learn about SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation.
- Added a new accelerator Event-Based Revenue Recognition – Service Documents.pdf to tasks Finance – Conduct Workshop and Configure Finance.
- Added accelerators How to Create Application – Workplace List.pdf and Blog – Get to Know the New Spaces Concept for SAP Fiori Launchpad to task Plan and Design Identity and Access Management. New functionality is available related to roles and the Fiori UI.
- Replaced the Depreciation Keys Display Details.docx accelerator with a link to the help documentation. Assigned to task Document Configuration Values.
- Improved guidance in tasks Executing a SAP Digital Discovery Assessment and Generate SAP Digital Discovery Report.
May 29 Release Notes
- Added references to the new SAP Fiori launchpad functionality in the procedure notes of task Plan and Design Identity and Access Management. Added two new accelerators Blog – Get to Know the New Spaces Concept for SAP Fiori Launchpad and Help – Enabling Spaces to support the functionality.
- Added a new task with the release date to the Deploy deliverable Phase Closure and Sign-Off Phase.
- Added a new task Request SuccessFactors Employee Central Integration Setup Instructions to deliverable Quality System Request. These instructions replace the best practices instructions related to scope item JB1 and guide the setup the new SAP Cloud Platform Master Data Integration. Removed all references to JB1 in other tasks.
- Updated the Onboarding presentation in task Review Overview Documentation. One change to highlight is that the Starter System will be upgraded at the same time as the Production system.
- Updated the Human Resources BDC questionnaire available via Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
May 15, 2020 Release Notes
- Added a new accelerator How to Approach Remote Cutover to task Create Cutover Plan and Documentation.
- Updated procedure step 11 in task Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops to provide further clarification on what Backlog is referring to.
- Reduce the associations between several tasks and the Backlog Template.xlsx to remove unnecessary clutter.
- Added new accelerators Innovation Map Template.pptx, Value Map Template.pptx and Customer Maturity Map Template.pptx to task Perform a Business Scenario and Solution Mapping.
2005 Release Notes
- Reduced the service center processing time on Review and Request New Scope Activation and Extend Solution to Include a New Country/Region. Added to guidance in Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade.
- Added Data Migration Cockpit search links referring to the community blogs and KBA notes to tasks Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit and Download Templates for Data Loads.
- Updated the BDC questionnaires in task Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope for SAP S/4HANA Cloud for the 2002 content. Note that BDC questions are updated approximately 1-2 months after the release.
- Removed intercompany tasks Set up Intercompany Project-Based Services (16T) and Set up Intercompany for Cash Concentration (2U8). The associated guides are available via the Best Practices Explorer.
- Added the Remote Fit-to-Standard Playbook to task Fit-to-Standard Analysis Preparation. This document provides guidance on how to conduct a remove Fit-to-Standard analysis workshop.
- Added a Business Driven Configuration Questionnaire accelerator for RPA to task Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Added a reference that the automated testing tool is only available in the Quality system to task Self-Enable on the Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Replace accelerator Revision of the Business Catalog Accelerator.pdf with Identity and Access Management Quarterly Release Activities.pptx in task Revise Business Roles and Business Catalogs.
- Replaced accelerator Replacing Financial Statement Items in Consolidation Chart of Accounts.docx with SAP Note 2659656 – FAQ About SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Group Reporting.
- Accelerator updates to the 2005 release.
- Miscellaneous readability improvements to several deliverables and tasks.
March 27 Release Notes
- Removed the Procedure notes from deliverable Production System Request. A deliverable does not have a procedure and does not require procedure notes.
- Updated the accelerator Situation Handling for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.ppt and related references in tasks Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops and Verify Fit-to-Standard System.
- Added a new task Evaluate Need for Situation Handling Types under the Continuous Improvement deliverable.
- Updated several Discovery Card Game accelerators in task Perform a Business Scenario and Solution Mapping. This includes a new Game Board accelerator to enhance the gamification of selecting scope.
- Added a procedure note and new accelerator SAP RPA Installation Steps.pdf to task Planning and Design – Robotics Process Automation.
- Removed task Create Bank Account under deliverable Solution Configuration Before System Use. The Create Bank Account is no longer a required step before configuring the solution (as of 1911).
- Removed the references to accessing Migrate Your Data from the Manage Your Solution app in task Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit. Access will only be via the app Migrate Your Data with release 2005.
March 13 Release Notes
- Added a new task Adapt Configuration Expert Role in deliverable Quality System Initial Access. This task is to adjust the Configuration Expert Role after quality system activation.
- Added a new deliverable Application Value and Scoping and related tasks to the Discovery Phase. The deliverable and task provide guidance on creating a strategic roadmap.
- Removed the Review Scope Items Using the Scope Cards Game task and replaced it with task Perform a Business Scenario and Solution Mapping.
- Updated the procedure in task Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops to include prepopulating the backlog based on the Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires.
- Added a procedure step to create a new change project to the task Transport Initial Change Project from Q-System to P-System.
- Updated the procedure in task Perform Data Cleansing Activities to provide more complete guidance.
February 28 Release Notes
- Updated the community references in tasks Ensure Project Team Members Access to the SAP Support Portal, SAP Best Practices Explorer, and SAP Customer Communities and Participate in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community.
- Minor text corrections.
February 14 Release Notes
- Removed the tag ‘Core’ from the tasks and accelerators. This tag is no longer needed.
- Added several deliverables, tasks and accelerators associated with implementing Artificial Intelligence Technology. New tag Artificial Intelligence Technology added to easily view the deliverables and tasks.
2002 Release Notes
- New accelerator to provide guidance on how to run fit-to-standard workshops in the run phase added to the Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops
- Updated the automatic transport time to 10pm (9pm during daylight savings time) of the local data center. This is a correction of documentation and not a change in processing. Execute Transport Sprints
- Added a SAP note to the Finance – Conduct Workshop with additional information on Cross Company Allocations.
- Updated the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Tenant Factsheet and the SAP S/4HANA Cloud System/Tenant Comparison slide in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Onboarding Presentation. The test tenant can have a maximum of 11 additional countries activated (plus the 4 that are active as default). Evaluate Need for Test Tenant
- Updated the user reference in task Receive Starter System and Reset Password to match the emails that the customer receives.
- Relocated task Perform Manual Rework on Production System into Solution Configuration. Manual rework can occur any time a transport has been executed.
- Simplified the description in Create Initial User in the Quality System and removed a general accelerator to reduce procedural confusion.
- Removed the requirement of confirming all mandatory SSCUIs from the procedure in task Request the Production System. Added the requirement to confirm all mandatory SSCUIs to task Transport Initial Change Project from Q-System to P-System.
- Added a tag to all the upgrade related tasks and deliverable for easy identification. Upgrade.
- Updates to release specific accelerators.
- Removed several tasks related to inter/intracompany setup. The setup guilds are now in the Best Practices Explore tool with the associated scope item. The remaining will be removed in future releases. (Only four intercompany movements remain)
- Revised the procedure of task Self-Enable on the Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud to remove references to the starter system. The test tool is not available in the starter system.
- Removed accelerator Starter System Provisioning Process from task Receive Starter System and Reset Password. It is redundant with the other help accelerator.
- Added a procedure note to task Create Users in the Quality System to inform about the possibility that role SAP_BR_BPC_EXPERT may have to be extended after the system activation.
- Updated the guidance in task Request Access to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Assessment Tool and added a direct link to the tool as an accelerator.
- Updates to the Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires accelerators in task Answer Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires.
- Added accelerator S/4HANA Quarterly Release/Upgrade Schedule to task Create Project Schedule and Budget. This accelerator includes schedules for the biweekly patch application.
- Replaced accelerator S4H_379 Revise Adapt Business Roles and Business Catalog with Identity and Access Management Quarterly Release Activities in task Revise Business Roles and Business Catalogs.
January 7 Release Notes
- Updated the SAP S/4HANA Cloud System/Tenant Comparison slide in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Onboarding accelerator to include the change that 11 additional countries can be added to the Test Tenant. Review Overview Documentation task
- Corrected the link to Help – Data Protection for S/4HANA Cloud in task Review Data Protection Requirements and Functionality.
- Added the Blog – External Tax Calculation Overview for S/4HANA Cloud to task Configure Tax Solution.
- Added accelerator Identity and Access Management Quarterly Release Activities to task Revise Business Roles and Business Catalogs.
- Updated accelerator S/4HANA Quarterly Release/Upgrade Schedule in task Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade and others. This accelerator includes the quarterly release and software patching schedule.
December 20 Release Notes
- Improved OCM accelerators Set up the OCM Workstream, OCM Concepts and Cloud Mindset Assessment attached to task Set up OCM Team and OCM Concept and others.
December 6 Release Notes
- Improved Expert Configuration for Tax Codes-Common.xlsxm accelerator in task Configure Tax Solution to provide more guidance. Macros must be enabled to use the accelerator.
- Replaced the House Bank Setup Guide link with a link to scope item BFA in task Create Bank Account. The setup procedure is embedded in the setup guide for this scope item.
November 22 Release Notes
- Added a new business driven questionnaire for Service to task Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope and task Answer Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires.
- Added a procedure note to task Configure Identity and Access Management in the Q-System that business role templates should not be used in production system. Updated the related blog name to Blog – Mass Maintenance of Business Roles in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
1911 Release Notes
- Added a new task Request Access to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Assessment Release Tool to deliverable SAP Supporting Implementation Tools Access. The task includes instructions on how-to request access to the tool.
- Added a new task Request Cloud Integration Automation Services (CIAS) to the SAP Supporting Implementation Tools Access deliverable.
- Improved the procedure in task Setup Integration using Cloud Integration Automation Service (CIAS) and added a new accelerator CIAS Scenarios Direct Links.
- Added new accelerators to task Configure Tax Solution: Blog – Understanding the Jurisdiction Code Mass Update, and Help – Tax Processing, Help – Country/Region-Specific Functions, and Expert Configuration for Tax Codes-India Canada.xlsx. Updated the text related to the new accelerators.
- Refreshed the accelerator content in task Review Data Protection Requirements and Functionality. Help – Data Protection for S/4HANA, Data Model Considerations for Data Protection.
- Updated the overview graphic to a warmer appearance.
- Updated the text of deliverable Solution Configuration to allow for common use in all cloud roadmaps. Moved references to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Tutorials to the configure tasks within the deliverable.
- Added new accelerator Asset Accounting: Transaction Type and attached it to tasks Document Configuration Values, Document Expert Configuration, and Request Expert Configuration.
- General updates to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Onboarding Presentation in task Review Overview Documentation.
- Relocated Self-Enable on the Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud to under deliverable Customer Team Self-Enablement.
- Added a link to Video – Data Migration in SAP S/4HANA Cloud to task Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit.
- Added an accelerator Situation Handling for S4HANA Cloud to task Review Self-enablement Materials for SAP S/4HANA Cloud. The accelerator contains comprehensive information and links on implementing situation handling.
- Relocated SAP Supporting Implementation Tools Access to before the initial S/4HANA Cloud starter system access.
- Added accelerator Data Migration to SAP S/4HANA from SAP (BH3) to several Data Management
- Renamed Prepare Sample Data to Verify Fit-to-Standard System and updated the procedure.
- Updated the text for Prepare for Post Upgrade Testing by SAP for Live Customers, Provide Consent for Post Upgrade Testing, and Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade.
- Various updates to the How to Approach Fit-to-Standard Analysis accelerator in task Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops and others. Added a reference to the scope statement which documents the scope of the project.
- Updated the procedure notes in Review and Request New Scope Activation and Extend Solution to Include a New Country/Region to clarify the scope impact related to adding new countries after new scope was added to existing countries. Added a reference to accelerator Availability and Dependencies of Scope Items.
- Clarified which roles are to perform the procedures in tasks Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope and Answer Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires.
- Renamed task Configure Test Automation Tool to Set Up Users for the Test Automation Tool along with related text updates.
- Renamed Join the Implementation Learning Room to Self-Enable on SAP S/4HANA Cloud to better reflect the purpose of the task.
- Added the blog link Blog – Jumpstart your SAP S4HC Implementations with the Implementation Portal for SAP S4HC to task Learn about SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation.
- Various updates the procedure notes of the tasks related to Identity and Access Management. New accelerators added.
October 4 Release Notes
- Added a new task under deliverable Quarterly Release Cycle to Evaluate Quarterly Release Functionality. This includes access instructions to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Assessment and Scope Dependency Tool.
- Added a procedure step to task Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops to review the accelerator How to Approach Fit-to-Standard Analysis.
- Added estimated duration for service center processing to tasks Request Quality System, Define Preset Parameters and Trigger System Activation., and Request the Production System.
- Added a reference to time-dependent tax calculation plus minor procedure improvements in tasks Configure Tax Solution. Added new accelerator links to country/region specific help and tax configuration help.
- Minor updates to the procedure in Create Initial User in the Quality System. The User Onboarding for S/4HANA Cloud.pdf was migrated to the web pages in S/4HANA Cloud Help and link updated.
- Added a link to task Execute Transport Sprints pointing to the blog Software Collection export failure due to dependent items in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Added a link to task Create Users in the Starter System (and other related tasks) pointing to the KBA note 2555311 FAQ – Import Employees App
- Remove references to Key Users in various tasks and replaced them with Project Team. Key user is not a listed role and causes confusion.
- Added an accelerator and procedure note to task Extend Solution to Include a New Country/Region to reference the countries available.
- Added the process to request the Manage Posting Period Change Log (T001B) from the service center to task Manage Posting Periods.
- Added tasks Self-Enable on B2B integrations using EDI and Determine Details for B2B integrations using EDI to account for B2B integrations. Added a new BDC questionnaire to Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope for EDI integration.
September 20 Release Notes
- Added to the description of Configure Tax Solution task that the tax solution is set at the country level and only 1 solution is possible per country.
- Added tasks for configuring analytics in the quality system. Analytics Configuration in the Quality System
- Change references in many tasks from implementation portal of SAP S/4HANA Cloud to SAP Cloud ALM.
- Updated task Adapt Chart of Accounts to include in the description that chart of accounts renumbering is no longer possible in the P-System.
September 6 Release Notes
- Created a procedure note that an additional country can be added to the starter system in task Prepare Sample Data.
- Added accelerator link to Data Protection and Privacy (1J7) to task Review Data Protection Requirements and Functionality. This was previously missing.
- Added an accelerator link to documentation on how to Create a Profit Center to task Maintain Profit Center Configuration.
- Added a how to blog Mass Maintenance of Segregation of Duties in SAP S/4HANA Cloud link to task Configure Identity and Access Management in the Q-System.
- Added new videos related to task Review Scope Items Using the Scope Cards Game to provide addition instruction on how to expand the usage of the S/4HANA Cloud implementation.
- Added a new accelerator link SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Steps Before Raising an Incident to task Ensure Key User Access to the SAP Support Portal, SAP Best Practices Explorer, and SAP Community.
- The Onboarding Guide has changed from a document to a help portal link in task Create Users in the Starter System.
August 23 Release Notes