Updated December 28, 2020
The SAP Activate implementation Roadmap Viewer is a tool used by the implementation project team members to navigate the phases, deliverables, tasks and accelerators related to the SAP Activate methodology.
The implementation roadmap is updated to contain the latest scope, processes and accelerators. The content updates occur throughout the quarter with final changes coinciding with the cloud solution quarterly release.
This blog summarizes the changes for the roadmap SAP Activate Methodology for S/4HANA Cloud.
December 28 Release Notes
- Modernized the graphics in the accelerator How to approach Fit-to-Standard Analysis – Cloud.pptx and How to Approach Fit-to-Standard During the Run Phase – Cloud.pptx
- Added a third procedure step to task Self-Enablement on SAP Central Business Configuration. The procedure points to the in-application help for further enablement.
December 14 Release Notes
- Added back integration via task Set Up Employee Central Integration (JB1). JB1 has been reworked and is once again the default method of integration to SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central. Deleted task Request SuccessFactors Employee Central Integration Setup Instructions.
- Added a reference to note 2992729 in task Transport Initial Change Project from Q-System to P-System to help with transport error resolution
November 30 Release Notes
- Consolidated the tasks Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and Answer Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires for SAP S/4HANA Cloud in task Perform Initial Business Process Assessment for S/4HANA Cloud.
- Renamed Find the Right Migration Objects to Determine the Required Migration Objects for S/4HANA Cloud.
November 16 Release Notes
- Renamed deliverable Solution Definition to Fit-to-Standard Analysis Documentation.
- Removed the ‘Apps Used’ section and references to Configure Your Solution in the tasks listed under deliverable Solution Configuration. CYS is not available for Central Business Configuration users.
- Added a procedure step #6 to task Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit to review and plan to the downtime associated with the quarterly upgrades.
- Several roles reallocated in the Application Design and Configuration stream (Cloud ALM only).
- Relocated Adapt Chart of Accounts to under deliverable Required Configuration Before System Use.
2011 Release Notes
- Added the deliverable Initial System Access to SAP Central Business Configuration and two related tasks.
- Added task Self-Enablement on SAP Central Business Configuration to deliverable Customer Team Self-Enablement.
- Updates to the Fit-to-Standard Analysis tasks to include setting the scope in SAP Central Business Configuration.
- New task Document Scope in SAP Central Business Configuration added to Solution Definition.
- Added a new SAP Central Business Configuration specific deliverable New Scope Activation in SAP Central Business Configuration and tasks for extending scope.
- New task Request and Initial Configuration of the Quality System in SAP Central Business Configuration.
- Updated Request the Production System to include in SAP Central Business Configuration instructions.
- Updated Transport Initial Change Project from Q-System to P-System to include in SAP Central Business Configuration instructions.
- Updated Adapt Chart of Accounts to include in SAP Central Business Configuration instructions.
- Updated Request Expert Configuration to include in SAP Central Business Configuration instructions.
- New task Track Changes in Configuration in SAP Central Business Configuration to include in SAP Central Business Configuration instructions.
- Removed deliverable Intercompany Setup and task Set Up Intercompany Finance Posting (1GP). The content has been moved to BPX.
- Removed the solution manager xml from the download. This file will no longer be provided.
- Created three new tasks in Explore related to Artificial Intelligence. Identify Business Processes for Situation Handling, Plan for Machine Learning, and Review Processes for Robotics Process Automation.
- Created a new deliverable Initial System Access for SAP Cloud ALM which includes and updated request process and access process.
- Several testing related updates to include SAP Cloud ALM’s manual test functionality. The tasks were added to the Test Preparation for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Removed the accelerator Setting Up Daily Availability Data Using an API.pdf from Configure Professional Services.
- Created a new tasks Document Initial Configuration Settings for SAP Central Business Configuration and Document Scope in SAP Central Business Configuration in deliverable Solution Definition.
- Several update to the Configure… tasks in deliverable Solution Configuration to support SAP Central Business Configuration.
- New procedure steps specific for SAP Central Business Configuration added to task Perform Manual Rework on Production System.
September 25 Release Notes
- Relocated deliverable Organizational Change Management Roadmap to after the project management setup deliverables.
- Improved readability of task Extend Solution to Include a New Country/Region
- Added a new task Verify Requirements for New Country/Region to deliverable New Country/Region Expansion.
- Added two new Artificial Intelligence tasks to increase guidance: Self-Enable on Artificial Intelligence and Create Initial Artificial Intelligence List
September 14 Release Notes
- Removed the overlap in the procedures of tasks and Prepare for Solution Walkthrough and Conduct Solution Walkthrough.
- Removed the post upgrade testing by SAP related tasks from deliverable Release Cycles for SAP S/4HANA Cloud in Realize. Post upgrade testing by SAP is only possible after go-live.
Aug 17 Release Notes
- Updates to the accelerator Identity and Access Management Quarterly Release Activities in task Revise Business Roles and Business Catalogs to support the new app Manage Business Roles Changes After Upgrades.
- Removed accelerators assigned to deliverables. These are redundant with the task accelerators and have caused confusion.
- Added a new task Perform Benchmarking Assessment for Value Baselining to deliverable Application Value and Scoping. This include 5 new accelerators to support the process.
2008 Release Notes
- Added an new accelerator Help – Chart of Accounts Maintenance: Overview and procedure note to task Configure Finance.
- Added a procedure note on how to find the SSCUIs that do not support deletion to task Document Configuration Values.
- Removed intercompany task Set Up Intercompany Treasury and Risk Management (2F2, 1YI, 2HU, 2OI, 34M, 34L). The setup instructions have been migrated to the corresponding scope items in the Best Practices Explorer.
- Added a new accelerator SAP RPA Installation Steps to task Identify Processes for Robotics Process Automation.
- Various updates to the deliverables and tasks related to Fit-to-Standard analysis. Fit-to-Standard Analysis
- Added a procedure step 3 for opening the posting period prior to the Q-system upgrade to Maintain Master Data and Transactional Data. Renamed the task to Maintain Master, Transactional Data and Open Posting Periods.
- Added an email address for inquiries about post upgrade testing to task Prepare for Post Upgrade Testing by SAP.
- Added two new Robotics Process Automation installation guides to task Review Processes for Robotic Process Automation.
- Various processing time clarifications to Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade related to the changes in Service Center processing times.
June 29 Release Notes
- Added two links to SAP KBA notes to provide instruction on setting up Service Partner User Management to task Ensure Project Team Members Access to the SAP Support Portal, SAP Best Practices Explorer, and SAP Customer Communities.
- Updated the Business Driven Questionnaires for the 2005 release in task Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Added a new task Self-Enable with SAP Learning Journeys and a link to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Learning Journeys.
- Made the following changes to the cutoff dates in task Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade and various other tasks.
- Provisioning of the Q-system with the current release reduced from 24 days prior to the Q-system upgrade date to 10 days.
- Activation of the Q-system reduced from 20 days prior to the Q-system upgrade to 10 days.
- Provisioning the P-system with the same release reduced from 15 days prior to the Q-system upgrade to 7 days.
- Latest day to request activation of a scope item and new country reduced from 15 day prior to the Q-system upgrade to 10 days.
June 15 Release Notes
- Added a link to the SAP Cloud ALM What’s New to task Learn about SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation.
- Added a new accelerator Event-Based Revenue Recognition – Service Documents.pdf to tasks Finance – Conduct Workshop and Configure Finance.
- Added accelerators How to Create Application – Workplace List.pdf and Blog – Get to Know the New Spaces Concept for SAP Fiori Launchpad to task Plan and Design Identity and Access Management. New functionality is available related to roles and the Fiori UI.
- Replaced the Depreciation Keys Display Details.docx accelerator with a link to the help documentation. Assigned to task Document Configuration Values.
- Improved guidance in tasks Executing a SAP Digital Discovery Assessment and Generate SAP Digital Discovery Report.
May 29 Release Notes
- Added references to the new SAP Fiori launchpad functionality in the procedure notes of task Plan and Design Identity and Access Management. Added two new accelerators Blog – Get to Know the New Spaces Concept for SAP Fiori Launchpad and Help – Enabling Spaces to support the functionality.
- Added a new task with the release date to the Deploy deliverable Phase Closure and Sign-Off Phase.
- Added a new task Request SuccessFactors Employee Central Integration Setup Instructions to deliverable Quality System Request. These instructions replace the best practices instructions related to scope item JB1 and guide the setup the new SAP Cloud Platform Master Data Integration. Removed all references to JB1 in other tasks.
- Updated the Onboarding presentation in task Review Overview Documentation. One change to highlight is that the Starter System will be upgraded at the same time as the Production system.
- Updated the Human Resources BDC questionnaire available via Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
May 15, 2020 Release Notes
- Added a new accelerator How to Approach Remote Cutover to task Create Cutover Plan and Documentation.
- Updated procedure step 11 in task Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops to provide further clarification on what Backlog is referring to.
- Reduce the associations between several tasks and the Backlog Template.xlsx to remove unnecessary clutter.
- Added new accelerators Innovation Map Template.pptx, Value Map Template.pptx and Customer Maturity Map Template.pptx to task Perform a Business Scenario and Solution Mapping.
2005 Release Notes
- Reduced the service center processing time on Review and Request New Scope Activation and Extend Solution to Include a New Country/Region. Added to guidance in Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade.
- Added Data Migration Cockpit search links referring to the community blogs and KBA notes to tasks Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit and Download Templates for Data Loads.
- Updated the BDC questionnaires in task Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope for SAP S/4HANA Cloud for the 2002 content. Note that BDC questions are updated approximately 1-2 months after the release.
- Removed intercompany tasks Set up Intercompany Project-Based Services (16T) and Set up Intercompany for Cash Concentration (2U8). The associated guides are available via the Best Practices Explorer.
- Added the Remote Fit-to-Standard Playbook to task Fit-to-Standard Analysis Preparation. This document provides guidance on how to conduct a remove Fit-to-Standard analysis workshop.
- Added a Business Driven Configuration Questionnaire accelerator for RPA to task Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Added a reference that the automated testing tool is only available in the Quality system to task Self-Enable on the Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Replace accelerator Revision of the Business Catalog Accelerator.pdf with Identity and Access Management Quarterly Release Activities.pptx in task Revise Business Roles and Business Catalogs.
- Replaced accelerator Replacing Financial Statement Items in Consolidation Chart of Accounts.docx with SAP Note 2659656 – FAQ About SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Group Reporting.
- Accelerator updates to the 2005 release.
- Miscellaneous readability improvements to several deliverables and tasks.
March 27 Release Notes
- Removed the Procedure notes from deliverable Production System Request. A deliverable does not have a procedure and does not require procedure notes.
- Updated the accelerator Situation Handling for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.ppt and related references in tasks Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops and Verify Fit-to-Standard System.
- Added a new task Evaluate Need for Situation Handling Types under the Continuous Improvement deliverable.
- Updated several Discovery Card Game accelerators in task Perform a Business Scenario and Solution Mapping. This includes a new Game Board accelerator to enhance the gamification of selecting scope.
- Added a procedure note and new accelerator SAP RPA Installation Steps.pdf to task Planning and Design – Robotics Process Automation.
- Removed task Create Bank Account under deliverable Solution Configuration Before System Use. The Create Bank Account is no longer a required step before configuring the solution (as of 1911).
- Removed the references to accessing Migrate Your Data from the Manage Your Solution app in task Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit. Access will only be via the app Migrate Your Data with release 2005.
March 13 Release Notes
- Added a new task Adapt Configuration Expert Role in deliverable Quality System Initial Access. This task is to adjust the Configuration Expert Role after quality system activation.
- Added a new deliverable Application Value and Scoping and related tasks to the Discovery Phase. The deliverable and task provide guidance on creating a strategic roadmap.
- Removed the Review Scope Items Using the Scope Cards Game task and replaced it with task Perform a Business Scenario and Solution Mapping.
- Updated the procedure in task Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops to include prepopulating the backlog based on the Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires.
- Added a procedure step to create a new change project to the task Transport Initial Change Project from Q-System to P-System.
- Updated the procedure in task Perform Data Cleansing Activities to provide more complete guidance.
February 28 Release Notes
- Updated the community references in tasks Ensure Project Team Members Access to the SAP Support Portal, SAP Best Practices Explorer, and SAP Customer Communities and Participate in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community.
- Minor text corrections.
February 14 Release Notes
- Removed the tag ‘Core’ from the tasks and accelerators. This tag is no longer needed.
- Added several deliverables, tasks and accelerators associated with implementing Artificial Intelligence Technology. New tag Artificial Intelligence Technology added to easily view the deliverables and tasks.
2002 Release Notes
- New accelerator to provide guidance on how to run fit-to-standard workshops in the run phase added to the Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops
- Updated the automatic transport time to 10pm (9pm during daylight savings time) of the local data center. This is a correction of documentation and not a change in processing. Execute Transport Sprints
- Added a SAP note to the Finance – Conduct Workshop with additional information on Cross Company Allocations.
- Updated the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Test Tenant Factsheet and the SAP S/4HANA Cloud System/Tenant Comparison slide in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Onboarding Presentation. The test tenant can have a maximum of 11 additional countries activated (plus the 4 that are active as default). Evaluate Need for Test Tenant
- Updated the user reference in task Receive Starter System and Reset Password to match the emails that the customer receives.
- Relocated task Perform Manual Rework on Production System into Solution Configuration. Manual rework can occur any time a transport has been executed.
- Simplified the description in Create Initial User in the Quality System and removed a general accelerator to reduce procedural confusion.
- Removed the requirement of confirming all mandatory SSCUIs from the procedure in task Request the Production System. Added the requirement to confirm all mandatory SSCUIs to task Transport Initial Change Project from Q-System to P-System.
- Added a tag to all the upgrade related tasks and deliverable for easy identification. Upgrade.
- Updates to release specific accelerators.
- Removed several tasks related to inter/intracompany setup. The setup guilds are now in the Best Practices Explore tool with the associated scope item. The remaining will be removed in future releases. (Only four intercompany movements remain)
- Revised the procedure of task Self-Enable on the Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud to remove references to the starter system. The test tool is not available in the starter system.
- Removed accelerator Starter System Provisioning Process from task Receive Starter System and Reset Password. It is redundant with the other help accelerator.
- Added a procedure note to task Create Users in the Quality System to inform about the possibility that role SAP_BR_BPC_EXPERT may have to be extended after the system activation.
- Updated the guidance in task Request Access to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Assessment Tool and added a direct link to the tool as an accelerator.
- Updates to the Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires accelerators in task Answer Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires.
- Added accelerator S/4HANA Quarterly Release/Upgrade Schedule to task Create Project Schedule and Budget. This accelerator includes schedules for the biweekly patch application.
- Replaced accelerator S4H_379 Revise Adapt Business Roles and Business Catalog with Identity and Access Management Quarterly Release Activities in task Revise Business Roles and Business Catalogs.
January 7 Release Notes
- Updated the SAP S/4HANA Cloud System/Tenant Comparison slide in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Onboarding accelerator to include the change that 11 additional countries can be added to the Test Tenant. Review Overview Documentation task
- Corrected the link to Help – Data Protection for S/4HANA Cloud in task Review Data Protection Requirements and Functionality.
- Added the Blog – External Tax Calculation Overview for S/4HANA Cloud to task Configure Tax Solution.
- Added accelerator Identity and Access Management Quarterly Release Activities to task Revise Business Roles and Business Catalogs.
- Updated accelerator S/4HANA Quarterly Release/Upgrade Schedule in task Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade and others. This accelerator includes the quarterly release and software patching schedule.
December 20 Release Notes
- Improved OCM accelerators Set up the OCM Workstream, OCM Concepts and Cloud Mindset Assessment attached to task Set up OCM Team and OCM Concept and others.
December 6 Release Notes
- Improved Expert Configuration for Tax Codes-Common.xlsxm accelerator in task Configure Tax Solution to provide more guidance. Macros must be enabled to use the accelerator.
- Replaced the House Bank Setup Guide link with a link to scope item BFA in task Create Bank Account. The setup procedure is embedded in the setup guide for this scope item.
November 22 Release Notes
- Added a new business driven questionnaire for Service to task Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope and task Answer Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires.
- Added a procedure note to task Configure Identity and Access Management in the Q-System that business role templates should not be used in production system. Updated the related blog name to Blog – Mass Maintenance of Business Roles in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.