Updated December 6, 2019
The SAP Activate implementation Roadmap Viewer is a tool used by the implementation project team members to navigate the phases, deliverables, tasks and accelerators related to the SAP Activate methodology.
The implementation roadmap is updated to contain the latest scope, processes and accelerators. The content updates occur throughout the quarter with final changes coinciding with the cloud solution quarterly release.
This blog summarizes the changes for the roadmap SAP Activate Methodology for S/4HANA Cloud.
December 6 Release Notes
- Improved Expert Configuration for Tax Codes-Common.xlsxm accelerator in task Configure Tax Solution to provide more guidance. Macros must be enabled to use the accelerator.
- Replaced the House Bank Setup Guide link with a link to scope item BFA in task Create Bank Account. The setup procedure is embedded in the setup guide for this scope item.
November 22 Release Notes
- Added a new business driven questionnaire for Service to task Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope and task Answer Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires.
- Added a procedure note to task Configure Identity and Access Management in the Q-System that business role templates should not be used in production system. Updated the related blog name to Blog – Mass Maintenance of Business Roles in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
1911 Release Notes
- Added a new task Request Access to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Assessment Release Tool to deliverable SAP Supporting Implementation Tools Access. The task includes instructions on how-to request access to the tool.
- Added a new task Request Cloud Integration Automation Services (CIAS) to the SAP Supporting Implementation Tools Access deliverable.
- Improved the procedure in task Setup Integration using Cloud Integration Automation Service (CIAS) and added a new accelerator CIAS Scenarios Direct Links.
- Added new accelerators to task Configure Tax Solution: Blog – Understanding the Jurisdiction Code Mass Update, and Help – Tax Processing, Help – Country/Region-Specific Functions, and Expert Configuration for Tax Codes-India Canada.xlsx. Updated the text related to the new accelerators.
- Refreshed the accelerator content in task Review Data Protection Requirements and Functionality. Help – Data Protection for S/4HANA, Data Model Considerations for Data Protection.
- Updated the overview graphic to a warmer appearance.
- Updated the text of deliverable Solution Configuration to allow for common use in all cloud roadmaps. Moved references to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Tutorials to the configure tasks within the deliverable.
- Added new accelerator Asset Accounting: Transaction Type and attached it to tasks Document Configuration Values, Document Expert Configuration, and Request Expert Configuration.
- General updates to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Onboarding Presentation in task Review Overview Documentation.
- Relocated Self-Enable on the Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud to under deliverable Customer Team Self-Enablement.
- Added a link to Video – Data Migration in SAP S/4HANA Cloud to task Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit.
- Added an accelerator Situation Handling for S4HANA Cloud to task Review Self-enablement Materials for SAP S/4HANA Cloud. The accelerator contains comprehensive information and links on implementing situation handling.
- Relocated SAP Supporting Implementation Tools Access to before the initial S/4HANA Cloud starter system access.
- Added accelerator Data Migration to SAP S/4HANA from SAP (BH3) to several Data Management
- Renamed Prepare Sample Data to Verify Fit-to-Standard System and updated the procedure.
- Updated the text for Prepare for Post Upgrade Testing by SAP for Live Customers, Provide Consent for Post Upgrade Testing, and Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade.
- Various updates to the How to Approach Fit-to-Standard Analysis accelerator in task Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops and others. Added a reference to the scope statement which documents the scope of the project.
- Updated the procedure notes in Review and Request New Scope Activation and Extend Solution to Include a New Country/Region to clarify the scope impact related to adding new countries after new scope was added to existing countries. Added a reference to accelerator Availability and Dependencies of Scope Items.
- Clarified which roles are to perform the procedures in tasks Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope and Answer Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires.
- Renamed task Configure Test Automation Tool to Set Up Users for the Test Automation Tool along with related text updates.
- Renamed Join the Implementation Learning Room to Self-Enable on SAP S/4HANA Cloud to better reflect the purpose of the task.
- Added the blog link Blog – Jumpstart your SAP S4HC Implementations with the Implementation Portal for SAP S4HC to task Learn about SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation.
- Various updates the procedure notes of the tasks related to Identity and Access Management. New accelerators added.
October 4 Release Notes
- Added a new task under deliverable Quarterly Release Cycle to Evaluate Quarterly Release Functionality. This includes access instructions to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Assessment and Scope Dependency Tool.
- Added a procedure step to task Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops to review the accelerator How to Approach Fit-to-Standard Analysis.
- Added estimated duration for service center processing to tasks Request Quality System, Define Preset Parameters and Trigger System Activation., and Request the Production System.
- Added a reference to time-dependent tax calculation plus minor procedure improvements in tasks Configure Tax Solution. Added new accelerator links to country/region specific help and tax configuration help.
- Minor updates to the procedure in Create Initial User in the Quality System. The User Onboarding for S/4HANA Cloud.pdf was migrated to the web pages in S/4HANA Cloud Help and link updated.
- Added a link to task Execute Transport Sprints pointing to the blog Software Collection export failure due to dependent items in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Added a link to task Create Users in the Starter System (and other related tasks) pointing to the KBA note 2555311 FAQ – Import Employees App
- Remove references to Key Users in various tasks and replaced them with Project Team. Key user is not a listed role and causes confusion.
- Added an accelerator and procedure note to task Extend Solution to Include a New Country/Region to reference the countries available.
- Added the process to request the Manage Posting Period Change Log (T001B) from the service center to task Manage Posting Periods.
- Added tasks Self-Enable on B2B integrations using EDI and Determine Details for B2B integrations using EDI to account for B2B integrations. Added a new BDC questionnaire to Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope for EDI integration.
September 20 Release Notes
- Added to the description of Configure Tax Solution task that the tax solution is set at the country level and only 1 solution is possible per country.
- Added tasks for configuring analytics in the quality system. Analytics Configuration in the Quality System
- Change references in many tasks from implementation portal of SAP S/4HANA Cloud to SAP Cloud ALM.
- Updated task Adapt Chart of Accounts to include in the description that chart of accounts renumbering is no longer possible in the P-System.
September 6 Release Notes
- Created a procedure note that an additional country can be added to the starter system in task Prepare Sample Data.
- Added accelerator link to Data Protection and Privacy (1J7) to task Review Data Protection Requirements and Functionality. This was previously missing.
- Added an accelerator link to documentation on how to Create a Profit Center to task Maintain Profit Center Configuration.
- Added a how to blog Mass Maintenance of Segregation of Duties in SAP S/4HANA Cloud link to task Configure Identity and Access Management in the Q-System.
- Added new videos related to task Review Scope Items Using the Scope Cards Game to provide addition instruction on how to expand the usage of the S/4HANA Cloud implementation.
- Added a new accelerator link SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Steps Before Raising an Incident to task Ensure Key User Access to the SAP Support Portal, SAP Best Practices Explorer, and SAP Community.
- The Onboarding Guide has changed from a document to a help portal link in task Create Users in the Starter System.
August 23 Release Notes
- Added a new procedure step to task Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade to direct the user to review the Automated Test Scripts Change History accelerator.
- Updated the timeframe that the Cutover Plan should be reviewed by the CEE to at least 3 weeks prior to go live. Create Cutover Plan and Documentation
1908 Release Notes
- Added a task for Self-Enable on the S/4HANA Migration Cockpit to deliverable Customer Team Self-Enablement. Added new and existing accelerators to that task.
- Added a new task Learn about SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation to deliverable Getting Started with your SAP Implementation to provide instructions on how to learn and request SAP Cloud ALM.
- Revised text in the Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade task to clarify the deadlines and resumption of services related to the quarterly upgrade period.
- Added a new accelerator link Help – Chart of Accounts Maintenance – Special Cases to tasks Adapt Chart of Accounts, Maintain Additional G/L Accounts and Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade. The accelerator provides instruction on how to change chart of accounts during periods that BCP transports are not possible.
- Eliminated steps related to Service Center interactions in tasks Review and Request New Scope Activation and Extend Solution to Include a New Country/Region. The renumbering of new accounts is now customer driven.
- Updated task Define Preset Parameters and Trigger System Activation to include the fiscal year variant definitions. The Q-System Activation Request Questionnaire.xlsm and Preset Phase Setup Guide.pdf where also updated to reflect the new procedures.
- Added a new task Configure Customer Specific Fiscal Year Variant to define the fiscal year variant when a customer specific FYV is required. Added an accelerator link to Help – Changing the Default Fiscal Year Variant. Additional related updates to Finance – Conduct Workshop and Document Preset Parameters.
- Updated task Adapt Chart of Accounts to include a statement that the Chart of Accounts numbering can be updated until the first posting to that account in Production.
- Various updates to the text in the Testing stream to enhance readability and consistency.
- Relocated the tasks Self-Enable on the S/4HANA Migration Cockpit, Self-Enable on the Cloud Integration Automation Services (CIAS), and Self-Enable on the Open Connectors on SAP Cloud Platform to the Customer Team Self-enablement deliverable. Deleted the Integration deliverable Prepare for Integration Setup.
- Added a new task Transport Initial Change Project from Q-System to P-System to the deliverable Production System Initial Access. The P-System will be delivered without the initial change project applied.
- Expanded the available accelerators used in the task Review Scope Items Using the Scope Cards Game.
- Removed accelerator Pricing Configuration for Sales. This configuration is now available within the Manage Your Solution.
July 3 Release Notes
- The Stream Names have been updated for better readability. These names are consistent across all solution roadmaps. SAP S/4HANA Cloud Overview
- Added a third procedure step to Prepare Sample Data in order to execute transactions in the system to populate the analytical reports. This data will allow the reporting functionality to be demonstrated during the Fit-to-Standard workshops.
- Updated the procedure in task Maintain Profit Center Configuration replacing the expert configuration reference with a SSCUI.
- Added a new tag Identity and Access Management Tag and related deliverables and tasks. This includes Task Create Initial Application – Workplace List, Deliverable Identity and Access Management Planning and Design and task Configure Identity and Access Management in the Q-System. Two new accelerators were also added to provide guidance.
June 21 Release Notes
- Added a link to the SAP Certified Solutions Directory to task Configure Tax Solution. Removed accelerator US Tax Rate Upload Template.xlsx since it is available via the app.
- Changed stream assignments to the following Tasks to improve overall alignment. Evaluate Need for Test Tenant, Execute Transport Sprints, Adapt Chart of Accounts.
- Updated task Receive Starter System and Reset Password to include that new starter systems for the US will be provisioned with US GAAP as the ledger group.
- Relocated the Execute Transport Sprints from deliverable Production System Initial Access to deliverable Solution Configuration.
- Replaced the Test Strategy Template S4HANA Cloud accelerator in task Create Test Strategy with a simplified version for cloud.
- Added a new task Make Yourself Familiar with Open Connectors on SAP Cloud Platform to deliverable Prepare Integration Setup.
- Added a new integration accelerator, Business Definition Templates and Examples, to task Document Integration Requirements.
- Added a new task Determine Details for Customer-Driven Integrations using Open Connectors to deliverable Integration Planning and Design.
- Added a new accelerator SAP S4HANA Cloud Tutorials – Release Change Report to tasks Review Getting Started Tutorials in the Web Assistant and Execute Standard Business Processes.
- Added new accelerator Event-Based Revenue Recognition Cookbook to tasks Finance – Conduct Workshop and Configure Finance.
June 7 Release Notes
- Changed the durations for service center services for adding a new country and activating scope from calendar days to business day. Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade, Review and Request New Scope Activation, Extend Solution to Include a New Country/Region
- Increased the guidance in task Configure Tax Solution related to both US External Tax and Brazil/Canada external tax. Added a link to the SAP Certified Solutions Directory.
- Updated the references to app Import Collections from Import Software Collections to be consistent with the change released in 1905. Execute Transport Sprints
May 24 Release Notes
- Updated the table in Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope to the lasted Scope Item Groups.
- Expanded the guidance related to the Business Driven Configuration in the How to approach Fit-to-Standard Analysis
- Added testing accelerators User Manual BPD Process Dependencies and Automated Test Scripts Index to task Complete Self-Enablement for the Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Added a new testing accelerator What’s New in Testing to task Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade.
- Added to the description of task Adapt Chart of Accounts that G/L account renumbering is only possible in the quality system before the first posting has been made in the production system.
- Added the service center processing time guidance to task Review and Request New Scope Activation.
1905 Release Notes
- Updated task Execute Transport Sprints with the new customer driven process to import emergency transports into P without involving the Service Center. Transports can be imported via the Import Software Collection app in Production. Automatic processing continues as before.
- Several updates, related to the use of non-standard fiscal year variants, to highlight that the FYV must be defined during the Fit-to-standard and submitted with the Q-System Activation Request Questionnaire. Once set, the FYV assignment cannot be changed. Finance – Conduct Workshop, Define Preset Parameters and Trigger System Activation
- Combined Run deliverables Quarterly Release Cycle and Post Upgrade Test into Quarterly Release Cycle to provide one complete upgrade procedure. Revised several tasks to improve the guidance. Added a copy of the Quarterly Release Cycle to Realize to increase visibility during the project.
- Restructured the table in the Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade task into hard cutoff dates and recommended cutoff dates. Recommended dates are advised but will not stop the upgrade process.
- Renamed Document Organizational Structure and Chart of Accounts to Document Preset Parameters. Added a new accelerator, Fiscal Year Variant Overview.
- Added several tasks and accelerators for Organizational Change Management to provide guidance to the stream Application: Solution Adaption.
- Various updates related to references to the Implementation Portal. The Implementation Portal view ‘Notes’ has changed name to ‘Requirements and Notes’. See tasks in deliverable Fit-to-Standard Analysis
- Updated the titles of the folders in the Download Project Plan.zip accelerator to better capture the content. Project Management
- Removed references to scope item BEV in the Finance – Conduct Workshop Fit-to-Standard analysis presentation. BEV will be depreciated. Consider using 1NT instead.
- Usability improvements to the Q-system Activation Request Questionnaire in task Define Preset Parameters and Trigger System Activation. Information that is no longer required has been removed. See the change notes inside the Q-system Activation Request Questionnaire for more details.
- Added a list of non-changeable configuration items to the onboarding presentation. This includes the items configured in the preset phase. See the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Onboarding Presentation in task Overview Documentation.
- Renamed task Adapt Catalog Roles to Revise Business Roles and Business Catalogs (Four occurrences). Updated the description and added the apps list. Removed the procedure note since it is included in the description and accelerators. Renamed accelerator Adaptation to Revised Business Catalogs to Revise and Adapt Business Roles and Business Catalogs.
- Added new Fit-to-Standard Analysis task Service – Conduct Workshop to cover the Service scope. A Service – Conduct Overview Workshop presentation was added as an accelerator.
- Added a new task in Run/Continuous Learning to Participate in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Community.
- Removed the accelerator Implementation Guide for Group Reporting.
- Added a link to the SAP Enterprise Support Academy Landing Page to task Access the SAP Learning Hub.
- Improved the guidance in task Adapt Chart of Accounts. Re-sequenced the task to execute it immediately after the preset phase is complete.
- Added instructions on how to access the Test Automation Tool S/4HANA Cloud SAP Jam group to testing task Test Preparation. Added a link to the Jam group to the accelerators.
- Updated the Review Scope Items Using the Scope Cards Game task procedure and refreshed the accelerators.
April 5 Release Notes
- Updates in the estimated processing time for both Activating a new scope and Adding a new country/region in task Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade and other related tasks. Processing time for planning is 3 – 5 days. There are ongoing efforts to reduce this time.
- Added clarification to task Define Preset Parameters and Trigger System Activation that Org Structure and Group Currency must be correct before triggering the activation. These values cannot be changed after activation.
- Added a link to the Fiori App Library to tasks Document Business User Roles and Create Authorization Roles and a procedure note relating to the use.
- Added help links to the Populate Data into the Migration Template for additional help content.
- Minor text and accelerator usability updates.
March 22 Release Notes
- Updated the Review Scope Items Using the Scope Cards Game task procedure and refreshed the accelerators. Replaced the Scope Card Game – Scope Reference Guide accelerator with a new accelerator Scope Card Game – User Manual.
- Added to an existing Procedure Note in task Review and Request New Scope Activation that only one service request should be open at a time.
- Removed duplicate help link from Chart of Accounts – Conduct Workshop.
- Added link to the Learning hub course material on user and role management to task Receive Starter System and Reset Password.
March 8 Release Notes
- Updated the Add Tax Codes section of the Configure Tax Solution Replaced the Expert Configuration and SSCUI Reference accelerator with a tax code specific accelerator Expert Configuration for Tax Codes.
- Added a link to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud End-to-End Deployment Experience with SAP Activate influence site to the task Participate in the SAP Customer Influence Council.
- Added a link to the Blog to testing task Complete Self-Enablement for the Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Added links to help documentation Release Comparison of Migration Object Templates and Data Migration Template Samples to task Populate Data into the Migration Template.
- Corrected the help link for General Ledger Accounting – Adapting the Standard Chart of Accounts to Your Needs in Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops and other tasks.
- Added text to highlight that the macro enabled provisioning templates (.xlsm) must be in a .zip file prior to attaching to the service request. Define Preset Parameters and Trigger System Activation
- Minor text corrections and readability improvements.
February 22 Release Notes
- Updated the Fit-to-Standard presentation How to approach Fit-to-Standard Analysis – Cloud.pptx to show that Fit-to-Standard occurs in iterations.
- Revised the service center last dates for requests prior to upgrades and added day of the week for usability. Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade
- Moved Adapt Catalog Roles to before Regression Testing in the Quarterly Release Cycle. The business roles should be adapted first.
- Minor text corrections and improvements.