Updated April 5, 2019
The implementation Roadmap Viewer is a tool used by the implementation project team members to navigate the phases, deliverables, tasks and accelerators related to the SAP Activate methodology.
The implementation roadmap is updated to contain the latest scope, processes and accelerators. The content updates occur throughout the quarter with final changes coinciding with the cloud solution quarterly release.
This blog summarizes the changes for the roadmap SAP Activate Methodology for S/4HANA Cloud.
April 5 Release Notes
- Updates in the estimated processing time for both Activating a new scope and Adding a new country/region in task Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade and other related tasks. Processing time for planning is 3 – 5 days. There are ongoing efforts to reduce this time.
- Added clarification to task Define Preset Parameters and Trigger System Activation that Org Structure and Group Currency must be correct before triggering the activation. These values cannot be changed after activation.
- Added a link to the Fiori App Library to tasks Document Business User Roles and Create Authorization Roles and a procedure note relating to the use.
- Added help links to the Populate Data into the Migration Template for additional help content.
- Minor text and accelerator usability updates.
March 22 Release Notes
- Updated the Review Scope Items Using the Scope Cards Game task procedure and refreshed the accelerators. Replaced the Scope Card Game – Scope Reference Guide accelerator with a new accelerator Scope Card Game – User Manual.
- Added to an existing Procedure Note in task Review and Request New Scope Activation that only one service request should be open at a time.
- Removed duplicate help link from Chart of Accounts – Conduct Workshop.
- Added link to the Learning hub course material on user and role management to task Receive Starter System and Reset Password.
March 8 Release Notes
- Updated the Add Tax Codes section of the Configure Tax Solution Replaced the Expert Configuration and SSCUI Reference accelerator with a tax code specific accelerator Expert Configuration for Tax Codes.
- Added a link to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud End-to-End Deployment Experience with SAP Activate influence site to the task Participate in the SAP Customer Influence Council.
- Added a link to the Blog to testing task Complete Self-Enablement for the Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Added links to help documentation Release Comparison of Migration Object Templates and Data Migration Template Samples to task Populate Data into the Migration Template.
- Corrected the help link for General Ledger Accounting – Adapting the Standard Chart of Accounts to Your Needs in Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops and other tasks.
- Added text to highlight that the macro enabled provisioning templates (.xlsm) must be in a .zip file prior to attaching to the service request. Define Preset Parameters and Trigger System Activation
- Minor text corrections and readability improvements.
February 22 Release Notes
- Updated the Fit-to-Standard presentation How to approach Fit-to-Standard Analysis – Cloud.pptx to show that Fit-to-Standard occurs in iterations.
- Revised the service center last dates for requests prior to upgrades and added day of the week for usability. Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade
- Moved Adapt Catalog Roles to before Regression Testing in the Quarterly Release Cycle. The business roles should be adapted first.
- Minor text corrections and improvements.
February 4 Update – 1902 Release
- Added a new task for Adapting the Chart of Accounts by the customer. The service center will no longer remap the CoA numbers for the customer. The Chart of Account Numbering and Chg Template will be replaced with 3 accelerators previously available via Best Practices and two new accelerators to provide reference when changing the Chart of Account numbering. The house bank is no longer configured in the Preset phase. Replaced S4H_583 Account Determination (Global) with the link to the Best Practices and navigation guidance.
- Updated guidance on Prepare For Quarterly Upgrade and Move Adaptations and Change Project that for customers not live in P, BCP are recommended to be released/moved but not required. ATO objects in the import queue are only recommended to be cleared, configuration can restart after regression testing has successfully been completed. Added summary of the Service center cutoff dates related to the upgrade.
- Added links to the individual Forums in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Community to the configuration tasks within in deliverable Solution Configuration and the workshops within Fit-to-Standard Analysis.
- Added a new accelerator Test Script Release Change Information to task Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade and Regression Testing which will help to identify scripts that have changed with the new release.
- Updated Cutover Strategy and Kickoff accelerator in task Create Cutover Plan and Documentation.
- Completed the conversion of tasks to the new procedure format/standard. Changed the sub-section ‘Note(s)’ header to ‘Procedure Note(s)’ to avoid confusion with other ‘notes’.
- Revised the tasks within deliverable Solution Configuration to include references to both the backlog and Notes view within the Implementation Portal (new customers).
- Updated the guidance in the Solution Adaption stream.
- Added the Fit-to-Standard deliverable to the workstreams Analytics, Integration, custom code extensions, integration to highlight that the requirements are gathered during the Fit-to-Standard workshop.
- Added a link to the help documentation on Flexible Workflow for the Approval of Purchasing Documents to task Configure Sourcing and Procurement.
- Various updates to the Onboarding Presentation in task Review Overview Documentation.
- Added guidance to the Fit-to-Standard workshop to capture delta requirements. Fit-to-Standard Analysis
- Added the link to Create CDS views in SAP S/4HANA Cloud blog to Detail Design of Side-by Side Extensibility task.
- Added a new deliverable Required Configuration Before System Use to highlight the required configuration in Q before transactions can take place.
- Added link to the Implementation Portal Overview page to Review Overview Documentation task. Added Implementation Portal References to the Onboarding presentation.
- Corrected the link and text related to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Trial in the Learn on a SAP S/4HANA Cloud Trial System task.
- Removed integration deliverables Prerequisites for SAP S/4HANA Integration with non SAP S/4HANA Cloud Systems and Configuration Prerequisites for SAP S/4HANA Integration with non-SAP S/4HANA Cloud Systems in the Productive Landscape.
January 4 Release Notes
- Removed the task Determine and Create Sample Data. Updated the Execute Business Process Unit Test task to include the guidance from the removed task.
- Changed the heading ‘Note(s)’ to ‘Procedure Note(s)’ in tasks to avoid confusion with other uses of the term ‘Notes’.
- Various text updates in the Application: Design and Configuration stream to match the new format standard.
- Changed references to ‘Countries’ to ‘Countries/Regions’ to match new SAP standards for referring to countries.
- Removed the task Test Execution/ Test Plan Creation and Execution as it is redundant to other tasks in deliverable Test Execution.
- Renamed Q-System Request Questionnaire to Q-System Activation Request Questionnaire. The questionnaire is not required to request the system; only to activate the system. Removed the service center templates from the Request Quality System task.
December 14 Release Notes
- Included guidance to Chart of Accounts – Conduct Workshop specific for the APJ region. This introduces a new chart of accounts renumbering process which puts the renumbering of accounts in the customer’s control. Added a new task Adapt Chart of Accounts to Quality System Initial Access deliverable.
- Added new task Review Scope Items Using the Scope Cards Game under the Continuous Improvement deliverable to provide an alternative approach to planning future scope.
- Revised the text in task Configure Tax Solution to improve readability. Added external tax partner Avalara to the list of approved partners.
- Added a new Asset Management Business Driven Configuration Questionnaire to task Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope.
- Added the blog User Management Overview to task Create Users in the Starter System.
- Removed the accelerator New Function Migration for Group Reporting.pdf. The accelerator is obsolete with 1811. The content will be included in the 1902 test plan for the group reporting 1SG.
- Updated several Solution Configuration tasks to include procedure guidance.
- Added procedure notes to tasks Finance – Conduct Workshop and Define Preset Parameters and Trigger System Activation highlighting the guide Fiscal Year Variant Implementation Guide.pdf
November 30 Release Notes
- Upgraded the Roadmap Viewer tool to include a collapsible deliverable/task structure simplifying the navigation. Added links to each phase to allow quick navigation to the filtered content pages. Roadmap
- Added a direct link to the SAP PowerDesigner webpage from task Document and Maintain Business Process Flows. This tool can be used to update the process flows.
- Updated task Configure Tax Solution to include the external tax solution Avalara.
- Added a blog SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud : Hints and Tips for Configuration and SSCUIs to the Configure tasks within Solution Configuration.
- Updated the Participate in the SAP Influence Council task to provide better guidance.
- Added accelerator Replacing Financial Statement Items in Consolidation Chart of Accounts.docx to task Configure Finance.
November 2 Update – 1811 Release
- General reformatting of the tasks to provide better procedural guidance. Each task has a clearly stated purpose along with a step-by-step procedure. References to Prerequisites, Apps used, and Business Roles required were also added.
- Updated the Analytics task to provided better guidance. Analytics
- Updated the Output Management tasks to be consistent with the 1LQ documentation.
- Added a new stream for Analytics.
- Created a new deliverable Post Upgrade Test and tasks to provide guidance specifically for the automated testing conducted by SAP immediately after an upgrade. Added new accelerators to provide additional guidance.
- Added a new task Set Up Exchange Rates for New Countries that is a prerequisite to adding a new country.
- Updated several slides in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Onboarding Presentation including an update to the quarterly release cycle graphic and a new starter system provisioning email graphics.
- Simplified the scope bundle documentation in the Availability and Dependencies of Scope Items accelerator.
- Added guidance related to activations during the upgrade period to Extend Solution to Include a New Country and Review and Request New Scope Activation.
- Added a task Document and Maintain Business Process Flows to the Solution Definition Deliverable.
- Added setup accelerator New Function Migration for Group Reporting to the Configure Finance task.
- Changed the accelerator link SAP S/4HANA Cloud User Community to point to the new/updated community for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Added a link to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Product Capabilities Road Map.
- Added a note that the Starter System can be extended to one additional country to Extend Solution to Include a New Country.
- Added a link the Cloud Availability Center to the Review Overview Documentation task.
- Consolidation of Integration Tasks to reduce redundancy and complexity.
- Updates to the Roadmap viewer tool to make task and deliverable titles more readable. Rearranged the Roadmap listing order to show cloud first.
- Added the accelerator Fiscal Year Variant Implementation Guide.pdf to task Define Preset Parameters and Trigger System Activation and others.
- Added an accelerator Cloud Multi-Country Rollout.pptx to task Review Overview Documentation. This provides guidance on planning multi-country projects.
- Eliminated the solution-based integration tags. Integration Stream
- Updated the Extensibility stream to provided better guidance.
- Merged the Preset Initial User Onboarding.pdf into the existing User Onboarding for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.pdf. Task Create Initial User in the Quality System.
- Removed the Planning and Design deliverable and task and replaced it with task Document Business User Roles in the Solution Definition deliverable.
October 5 Update
- Replaced the individual links to the Best Practice Explore scope items in the Fit-to-Standard Analysis workshops with single link to the BPX and a link to the BPX Content Library. This also reduces the Accelerator List view.
- Updated task Define Preset Parameters and Trigger System Activation with a note that Group Chart of Account Numbering and Chg Template is required to be submitted to the service center if Consolidation (scope items 1SG, 28B) is in scope.
- Revised the format and added guidance to task Execute Configuration Transport Sprints that Adaptations must be moved also.
- Moved Technical Set-up of Printers and Queues to deliverable Starter System Initial Access.
- Updated the text of the Solution Definition deliverable to refer to the documentation of configuration in the backlog.
- Added deliverable Fit-to-Standard System Preparation and task Prepare Sample Data.
- Added a link to the Cloud Availability Center in the task Review Overview Documentation.
- Added an accelerator to assist implementations for the country Poland with required solution documentation. Create Cutover Plan and Documentation
- Added a new deliverable to Run, Post Upgrade Test. This deliverable and tasks provide instruction on preparing and reviewing the results of the Post Upgrade Test process performed by SAP after the upgrade.
- Added task Release Change Project and Move Adaptations to the Quarterly Release Cycle deliverable in Run.