Updated May 5, 2021
The SAP Activate implementation Roadmap Viewer is a tool used by the implementation project team members to navigate the phases, deliverables, tasks and accelerators related to the SAP Activate methodology.
The implementation roadmap is updated to contain the latest scope, processes and accelerators. The content updates occur throughout the quarter with final changes coinciding with the cloud solution quarterly release.
This blog summarizes the changes for the roadmap SAP Activate Methodology for S/4HANA Cloud.
2105 Release Notes
- Improved Activate Roadmap Viewer tool to include interactive help and direct access to ‘What’s New’. SAP Activate Methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Renamed task Set Up selected Test Automation Tools to Set Up Selected Third Party Automated Testing Tools.
- Updated the guidance in task Execute Regression Testing.
- Added accelerator Intelligence Technologies for S4HANA Cloud.pdf to task Create Initial Artificial Intelligence List.
- Replaced the S/4HANA Cloud Product Roadmap.pptx accelerator with a link to the new SAP Road Map Explorer This accelerator is linked to several tasks.
- Updated several setup guide accelerators to include both the SAP Central Business Configuration and Manage Your Solution scenarios of configuration.
- Remodeled Self-Enable on the Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud to include the broader subject of testing. Renamed to Self-Enable on Test Management and Tools.
- Renamed task Document Scope Bundle to Document Scope Bundle for Manage Your Solution App. Added a qualifier that the task is only relevant to Manage Your Solution configuration scenarios. Added the accelerator link to SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Restrictions.
- Several accelerator updates related to the 2105 release and general content improvements.
- Miscellaneous readability improvements to several deliverables and tasks.
April 5 Release Notes
- Enhanced the differentiation between the deliverables/tasks for customers configuring with SAP Central Business Configuration and customers still configuring with the Manage your Solution This includes title description enhancements. Examples of the new text can be viewed via task Request and Initial Configuration of the Quality System via SAP Central Business Configuration and task Request Quality System via Manage Your Solution App. Several deliverables and tasks were improved.
- Added a new tag to identify the tasks that are relevant to projects configuring with the new SAP Central Business Configuration Manage your Solution specific tasks are not tagged (14).
- Replace accelerator Process Steps, Business Roles, and Apps.xlsx with Create Application – Workplace List.pdf. The accelerator is referenced in several tasks including Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops
- Added accelerator Quarterly Release/Upgrade Schedule to task Create and Schedule Test Plan
- Updated the Configure Tax Solution task to include instructions on configuring tax code for Pro Rata VAT.
March 22 Release Notes
- Added a new accelerator E-book – Migrating to SAP S/4HANA to tasks Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit and Develop the Data Migration Approach and Strategy.
- Promoted the procedure note to step six in the procedure of task Create Cutover Plan and Documentation. Changed the cutover schedule review window to greater than 4 weeks.
- Renamed accelerator AI Master List to GTM Use Cases.xlsx in task Create Initial Artificial Intelligence List and others.
- Updated Execute Transport Sprint task procedure notes with reference to the limitation of activities due to system locks in transports SAP Note 3024158 – Blue-Green Deployment for Hotfix Collection for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud. Central Business Configuration task Execute Transport Sprints in SAP Central Business Configuration also updated.
- Updated the name SAP Cloud Platform to SAP Business Technology Platform in several tasks, deliverables and accelerators.
- Updated the procedure in task Create Users in the Starter System by consolidating both Central Business Configuration and MyS procedures. Added a new accelerator link that contains both instructions. Similar changes made to Create Users in the Quality System and Create Users in the Production System. Removed accelerator SAP Note 2974809 – User Onboarding for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Improved the description and procedure in data management task Load Data into the Staging Tables of SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit.
- Refined the procedures related to SAP Central Business Configuration in tasks Set Up Starter Project in SAP Central Business Configuration, Request and Initial Configuration of the Quality System in SAP Central Business Configuration, and Create Preset Configuration User in the Quality System.
- Renamed task Receive Starter System and Reset Password, Access Starter System and Reset Password.
- Added a procedure step #7 to task Configure Identity and Access Management in the Q-System.
- Add a new task Create Self-Enablement Plan under deliverable Customer Team Self-Enablement to facilitate learning.
- Removed deliverable End User Learning Strategy. Added 3 new enablement related deliverables and associated tasks to the Prepare phase. The deliverables are: Enablement Assessment, Enablement Strategy, Learning Needs Analysis for Users, and Content Development Tool Deployment.
- Removed deliverable Learning Team and related tasks from the Explore phase.
- Removed deliverable Learning Content. Added deliverables and associated tasks to the Realize phase. The deliverables are: Enablement Content Development, Enablement Delivery.
- Removed deliverable Continuous Learning. Added deliverable User Experience Management Tool Deployment and associated tasks to the Run phase.
March 8 Release Notes
- Updated the name of the SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication Service to Identity Authentication service. This impacts the texts of several tasks and title of one accelerators. Task example: Self-Activation of Project Team Members in the Identity Authentication Service Accelerator: Help – Identity Authentication Service
- Updated the title of task Set Up Starter Project in SAP Central Business Configuration along with updates to the description, procedure and procedure notes.
- Remodeled several tasks in the Data Management workstream for improved usability and consistency with the other roadmaps.
- Added a procedure note to Create Initial Integration and API List. Removed accelerator Situation Handling_2020.pdf.
- Relocated Set Up Integration in the P-Landscape using Cloud Integration Automation Service (CIAS) to the first task in deliverable Integration Setup in the Productive Landscape.
- Added a New task Review Hotfix Collection Information in the deliverable Ongoing System Operations.
February 22 Release Notes
- Updated the procedure notes in task Executing a SAP Digital Discovery Assessment to include a reference to Integration Suite use cases.
- Updated the procedure in Set Up Integration using Cloud Integration Automation Service (CIAS), replaced the accelerator CIAS Scenarios Direct Links.xlsx with link CIAS-Integration Solution and Scenarios.
- Updated the Business Driven Questionnaires to release 2011 (lags 1 release) in task Perform Initial Business Process Assessment for S/4HANA Cloud.
- Reduced the accelerator list in task Review Overview Documentation. The removed accelerators are available elsewhere in the roadmap.
- On several testing tasks including Self-Enable on the Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, links to accelerators Test Your Processes User Guide.pdf, Manage Your Processes User Guide.pdf, and Analyze Automated Test Results User Guide.pdf have been converted to HTML links pointing to the help documentation. This impacts the categorization in the accelerator section of the assigned tasks, but the content remains the same.
2102 Release Notes
- Reinstated JB1 as the default integration to Employee Central and re-added task Set Up Employee Central Integration (JB1)
- Updated the Multi-country Rollout reference guide in task Review Overview Documentation.
- New links and related process associated with adding users to the System Notification subscriptions in task Receive Starter System and Reset Password.
- New deliverable and task Develop the Data Management Approach and Strategy for better planning of data migration.
- Removed the accelerator Data Migration to SAP S/4HANA from File (BH5) from several Data Management All data migration include file loads is via staging tables.
- Updated the 12 Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires accelerators in task Perform Initial Business Process Assessment for S/4HANA Cloud.
- Updated the text of task Maintain Cost Center Master Data to be consistent with the new cost center app functionality.
- Updates to SAP Central Business Configuration tasks Track Changes in Configuration in SAP Central Business Configuration, Self-Enablement on SAP Central Business Configuration, Execute Transport Sprints, Request the Production System, Set Production System to Live based on user feedback.
- Updates to the Remote Fit-to-standard playbook in task Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops.
- Removed accelerator SAP Note 2855105 – Cross Company Allocations in S/4HANA Cloud. It is being retired.
- Miscellaneous readability improvements and accelerator link updates.
December 28 Release Notes
- Modernized the graphics in the accelerator How to approach Fit-to-Standard Analysis – Cloud.pptx and How to Approach Fit-to-Standard During the Run Phase – Cloud.pptx
- Added a third procedure step to task Self-Enablement on SAP Central Business Configuration. The procedure points to the in-application help for further enablement.
December 14 Release Notes
- Added back integration via task Set Up Employee Central Integration (JB1). JB1 has been reworked and is once again the default method of integration to SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central. Deleted task Request SuccessFactors Employee Central Integration Setup Instructions.
- Added a reference to note 2992729 in task Transport Initial Change Project from Q-System to P-System to help with transport error resolution
November 30 Release Notes
- Consolidated the tasks Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and Answer Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires for SAP S/4HANA Cloud in task Perform Initial Business Process Assessment for S/4HANA Cloud.
- Renamed Find the Right Migration Objects to Determine the Required Migration Objects for S/4HANA Cloud.
November 16 Release Notes
- Renamed deliverable Solution Definition to Fit-to-Standard Analysis Documentation.
- Removed the ‘Apps Used’ section and references to Configure Your Solution in the tasks listed under deliverable Solution Configuration. CYS is not available for Central Business Configuration users.
- Added a procedure step #6 to task Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit to review and plan to the downtime associated with the quarterly upgrades.
- Several roles reallocated in the Application Design and Configuration stream (Cloud ALM only).
- Relocated Adapt Chart of Accounts to under deliverable Required Configuration Before System Use.
2011 Release Notes
- Added the deliverable Initial System Access to SAP Central Business Configuration and two related tasks.
- Added task Self-Enablement on SAP Central Business Configuration to deliverable Customer Team Self-Enablement.
- Updates to the Fit-to-Standard Analysis tasks to include setting the scope in SAP Central Business Configuration.
- New task Document Scope in SAP Central Business Configuration added to Solution Definition.
- Added a new SAP Central Business Configuration specific deliverable New Scope Activation in SAP Central Business Configuration and tasks for extending scope.
- New task Request and Initial Configuration of the Quality System in SAP Central Business Configuration.
- Updated Request the Production System to include in SAP Central Business Configuration instructions.
- Updated Transport Initial Change Project from Q-System to P-System to include in SAP Central Business Configuration instructions.
- Updated Adapt Chart of Accounts to include in SAP Central Business Configuration instructions.
- Updated Request Expert Configuration to include in SAP Central Business Configuration instructions.
- New task Track Changes in Configuration in SAP Central Business Configuration to include in SAP Central Business Configuration instructions.
- Removed deliverable Intercompany Setup and task Set Up Intercompany Finance Posting (1GP). The content has been moved to BPX.
- Removed the solution manager xml from the download. This file will no longer be provided.
- Created three new tasks in Explore related to Artificial Intelligence. Identify Business Processes for Situation Handling, Plan for Machine Learning, and Review Processes for Robotics Process Automation.
- Created a new deliverable Initial System Access for SAP Cloud ALM which includes and updated request process and access process.
- Several testing related updates to include SAP Cloud ALM’s manual test functionality. The tasks were added to the Test Preparation for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Removed the accelerator Setting Up Daily Availability Data Using an API.pdf from Configure Professional Services.
- Created a new tasks Document Initial Configuration Settings for SAP Central Business Configuration and Document Scope in SAP Central Business Configuration in deliverable Solution Definition.
- Several update to the Configure… tasks in deliverable Solution Configuration to support SAP Central Business Configuration.
- New procedure steps specific for SAP Central Business Configuration added to task Perform Manual Rework on Production System.
September 25 Release Notes
- Relocated deliverable Organizational Change Management Roadmap to after the project management setup deliverables.
- Improved readability of task Extend Solution to Include a New Country/Region
- Added a new task Verify Requirements for New Country/Region to deliverable New Country/Region Expansion.
- Added two new Artificial Intelligence tasks to increase guidance: Self-Enable on Artificial Intelligence and Create Initial Artificial Intelligence List
September 14 Release Notes
- Removed the overlap in the procedures of tasks and Prepare for Solution Walkthrough and Conduct Solution Walkthrough.
- Removed the post upgrade testing by SAP related tasks from deliverable Release Cycles for SAP S/4HANA Cloud in Realize. Post upgrade testing by SAP is only possible after go-live.
Aug 17 Release Notes
- Updates to the accelerator Identity and Access Management Quarterly Release Activities in task Revise Business Roles and Business Catalogs to support the new app Manage Business Roles Changes After Upgrades.
- Removed accelerators assigned to deliverables. These are redundant with the task accelerators and have caused confusion.
- Added a new task Perform Benchmarking Assessment for Value Baselining to deliverable Application Value and Scoping. This include 5 new accelerators to support the process.
2008 Release Notes
- Added an new accelerator Help – Chart of Accounts Maintenance: Overview and procedure note to task Configure Finance.
- Added a procedure note on how to find the SSCUIs that do not support deletion to task Document Configuration Values.
- Removed intercompany task Set Up Intercompany Treasury and Risk Management (2F2, 1YI, 2HU, 2OI, 34M, 34L). The setup instructions have been migrated to the corresponding scope items in the Best Practices Explorer.
- Added a new accelerator SAP RPA Installation Steps to task Identify Processes for Robotics Process Automation.
- Various updates to the deliverables and tasks related to Fit-to-Standard analysis. Fit-to-Standard Analysis
- Added a procedure step 3 for opening the posting period prior to the Q-system upgrade to Maintain Master Data and Transactional Data. Renamed the task to Maintain Master, Transactional Data and Open Posting Periods.
- Added an email address for inquiries about post upgrade testing to task Prepare for Post Upgrade Testing by SAP.
- Added two new Robotics Process Automation installation guides to task Review Processes for Robotic Process Automation.
- Various processing time clarifications to Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade related to the changes in Service Center processing times.
June 29 Release Notes
- Added two links to SAP KBA notes to provide instruction on setting up Service Partner User Management to task Ensure Project Team Members Access to the SAP Support Portal, SAP Best Practices Explorer, and SAP Customer Communities.
- Updated the Business Driven Questionnaires for the 2005 release in task Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Added a new task Self-Enable with SAP Learning Journeys and a link to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Learning Journeys.
- Made the following changes to the cutoff dates in task Prepare for Quarterly Upgrade and various other tasks.
- Provisioning of the Q-system with the current release reduced from 24 days prior to the Q-system upgrade date to 10 days.
- Activation of the Q-system reduced from 20 days prior to the Q-system upgrade to 10 days.
- Provisioning the P-system with the same release reduced from 15 days prior to the Q-system upgrade to 7 days.
- Latest day to request activation of a scope item and new country reduced from 15 day prior to the Q-system upgrade to 10 days.
June 15 Release Notes
- Added a link to the SAP Cloud ALM What’s New to task Learn about SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation.
- Added a new accelerator Event-Based Revenue Recognition – Service Documents.pdf to tasks Finance – Conduct Workshop and Configure Finance.
- Added accelerators How to Create Application – Workplace List.pdf and Blog – Get to Know the New Spaces Concept for SAP Fiori Launchpad to task Plan and Design Identity and Access Management. New functionality is available related to roles and the Fiori UI.
- Replaced the Depreciation Keys Display Details.docx accelerator with a link to the help documentation. Assigned to task Document Configuration Values.
- Improved guidance in tasks Executing a SAP Digital Discovery Assessment and Generate SAP Digital Discovery Report.
May 29 Release Notes
- Added references to the new SAP Fiori launchpad functionality in the procedure notes of task Plan and Design Identity and Access Management. Added two new accelerators Blog – Get to Know the New Spaces Concept for SAP Fiori Launchpad and Help – Enabling Spaces to support the functionality.
- Added a new task with the release date to the Deploy deliverable Phase Closure and Sign-Off Phase.
- Added a new task Request SuccessFactors Employee Central Integration Setup Instructions to deliverable Quality System Request. These instructions replace the best practices instructions related to scope item JB1 and guide the setup the new SAP Cloud Platform Master Data Integration. Removed all references to JB1 in other tasks.
- Updated the Onboarding presentation in task Review Overview Documentation. One change to highlight is that the Starter System will be upgraded at the same time as the Production system.
- Updated the Human Resources BDC questionnaire available via Set Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires Scope for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
May 15, 2020 Release Notes
- Added a new accelerator How to Approach Remote Cutover to task Create Cutover Plan and Documentation.
- Updated procedure step 11 in task Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops to provide further clarification on what Backlog is referring to.
- Reduce the associations between several tasks and the Backlog Template.xlsx to remove unnecessary clutter.
- Added new accelerators Innovation Map Template.pptx, Value Map Template.pptx and Customer Maturity Map Template.pptx to task Perform a Business Scenario and Solution Mapping.