How To reset SAP HANA Cloud Connector(SCC)’s built-in user(e.g. Administrator) password
On accessing to SAP HANA Cloud Connector(SCC) login page, you are unable to login successfullly via the URL with the correct Administrator(or other built-in) user’s login credential. And system is returning with warning message of “User authentication failed”.
This blog is to introduce the steps of how to reset password for built-in user like Administrator’s password to default (manage), for which user can change it later accordingly.
- Stop the Cloud Connector(SCC) (e.g. from the Windows Service Console or using the desktop shortcut).
- Open the …\config\tomcat-server.xml and search for the element <Realm>. If it consist of a single line with digest=”SHA1″, you need a SHA1 hash, if it has multiple lines and one of these has digest=”SHA-256″, you need a SHA-256 hash.
- Next open the …\config\users.xml in a text editor(default location of SCC on windows is C:\SAP\scc20) and look for the line with username=”Administrator”.
If the SCC is using SHA1, set the password field like this: password=”3F282FCBA8933E03A65A6DC92A27DE8396961E2F”
If the SCC is using SHA-256, set the password field like this: password=”181229424893BB65D94A74C2132B8B9E5ADFE851464FDB5CB9F49E8A8204BE7B”
Note:This is the hash-value for the standard default “manage” password.
- Save the users.xml and start the SCC again.
- You can now again login with password “manage” and then change the password to your preferred one as you wish.