Hi There! Thanks for checking out my blog. As a Solution Manager Architect, I spend a lot of time implementing ChaRM for clients… and with lots of clients come lots of customizing requests!
I will be writing a series of How To’s, based on real world situations and requests. Hopefully they will benefit you as much as they benefited our clients!
My second blog topic is How to Default a Business Partner in ChaRM UI. This applies for both Solution Manager 7.1 and 7.2
I have been asked by several customers if they can have a field defaulted to a specific person or group for their ChaRM documents. This helps take the guess work out of the equation for end users, and ensure the workflow is routed to the correct team!
For my example, I am using the Normal Change workflow (ZNMJ) and am using an SAP partner Production Manager (SDCD0005) defined with a client label of “CAB Member”. I want this CAB Member field to be populated automatically, and not be editable by the end user.
I will show you a quick way to do this, without having to configure the Organizational Structure within Solution Manager.
- Created End User/ Business Partner for CAB Member
- Group Email address maintained for BP
1. Allow Ibase to see All defined Partner Functions:
- Transaction SPRO -> SAP Solution Manager -> Capabilities -> Change Control Management -> Transactions -> Partner Determination Procedure
- Select Procedure 00000032 Installed Base/Ibase
- Choose from Permitted Functions drop down – Standard (All Defined Partner Functions)
2. Edit the Ibase
- (For this example we have one CAB Member BP for the entire organization, So I will redo this step for every system in the Ibase)
- Execute Transaction IB52
- Select System/Client you wish to have CAB Member Defaulted
- Select Goto Meny
- Choose sub menu Partner
- Select CAB Member from Function Drop down, enter Appropriate Business Partner number
- Exit Ibase
3. Edit the Transaction’s Partner Determination Procedure
- Transaction SPRO -> SAP Solution Manager -> Capabilities -> Change Control Management -> Transactions -> Define Partner Determination Procedure
- Select Transaction Type in Question (ZNMJ)
- Select Menu on left, Partner Functions In Procedure
- Choose CAB Member
- Deselect the Changeable check box
- Select option from Access Sequence drop down, SAP Service : Determination via IBase
- Save and Exit Spro
4. Create a Change Document to Test!
Results : Now when the End users select their appropriate Project Cycle from a ChaRM Document, the CAB Member Field will be automatically populated, and is not editable, to prevent incorrect routing!
Thank you for reading and have fun customizing!