Skip to Content
How To Fetch/Export Universe Based Report Details From SAP Business Intelligence 4.0/4.1/4.2 Servers.
While working on one of our internal requirement, I had developed an utility which will fetch the universe based reports details from the SAP Business Intelligence Repository.
This utility takes an Universe ID as an argument in the command and gets all the reports based on the same universe and their other details from the SAP Business Intelligence Repository.
This utility will give you an output in an excel file and it will have the details of the reports in the following format.
This will help you to get the report details which are based on UNV and UNX from SAP Business Intelligence 4.0/4.1/4.2 Server Repositories.
Following is the command to run this utility.
Java.exe -jar ReportDetails.jar BIServerIP administrator “Password” UniverseID
Java.exe -jar ReportDetails.jar 169.X.X.X administrator “jhiih&%” 1544
Output of this utility will be generated in an excel file and it will be saved in the same directory from where you will run it.
Generated excel file name would contain the BOServerIPAddress, Universe Name and Universe ID e.g. 169.X.X.X_eFashion_1544.xlsx
Points to Note:
1. Replace the keyword BIServerIP with the IP address of your SAP Business Intelligence Server.
2. Use only enterprise administrator user.
3. Replace the Password keyword with the password of administrator user ID.
4. This utility will work only with Enterprise authentication since it is hard coded in the source code.
5. Replace UniverseID with the required SI_ID of the universe.
6. I have compiled this utility using JAVA 8 so please ensure you have it installed on the system from where you will run it.
I have also developed the same utility for SAP Business Objects 3.1 version, I will share it if requested or needed by anyone. Please comment if it is required to anyone.
~ Swapnil Yavalkar