All new SAP BusinessObjects Mobile 6.5 is almost round the corner, will be available for you to download in a week in the Apple App store (of course this could vary by a couple of days). If you were looking for accessing SAP Lumira stories on iPad, this is the release for you. Since, SAP BusinessObjects Mobile 6.5 release brings in much more Lumira visualisations through native iOS gesture support and offline capabilities. It also supports iOS 10.
Some of the new enhancements are as below:
Additional Lumira charts and functionalities through native iOS experience:
- Geo map support (Bubble & Marker)
- Stacked bar/column
- Dual Axis combined Chart Column line
- Line Chart w 2Y axis
- Column chart 2Y axis
- Area chart
Additional offline capabilities:
- Support the above charts offline except Geo Map
- Limited Formula support
- Support Background download of Lumira documents
- Support Lumira through SDK
Webi Geo maps support
- Geo bubble map
Recommendation is to use Lumira Server for BI platform (LS4BIP) 1.31 Patch 2 and above with the 6.5 application, so that all the new features (formula support in offline etc) are available, however it can also work with older versions like LS4BIP 1.30 as well.
A few limitations:
- Portrait mode is not supported
- Need to use the ‘HTML view’ in Mobile server properties for documents created using HANA Online and Hadoop as data sources
- Animation and Shapes for Bubble, Trellis for all charts not supported
- In addition to the above limitations, offline access has additional limitations as below:
- Lumira Stories with Prompts or Refresh-on-open or created with HANA Online DataSource will not have the ‘download’ option.
- Visualizations in Lumira Stories containing one or more features like Blending, Ranking, Counter, JoinedQuery, Time Interpolation, Prediction is not supported. In cases where the content is not supported will display an error message.
- Supporting Limited Calculated Measures/ Dimensions through limited Formulas
- Manual Refresh operation of a Lumira Story in offline is not supported
If you want to learn more, you can also refer to http://help.sap.com/bomobileios?current=bomobilebi for detailed product documentation.