Video Example of SAPGUI and Fiori side by side to help build the case for Fiori plus more – key for journey to S/4HANA
To help people understand the difference in the user experience between SAPGUI and Fiori, SAP have recorded the same tasks being carried out using SAP GUI in ERP and Fiori in S/4HANA.
In a series of (currently) 10 videos on YouTube, these videos cover a variety of scenarios, for example, Sales Order Fulfilment, Material Replenishment Management and Journal Posting (search for the full list here).
In each videos some statistics are recorded regarding number of clicks, number of fields filled and number of apps/screens used
The screen shots below shows the basic format.
At the end of the video you get a summary like the one below.
This is really only the start of the story for Fiori. As well as saving time on specific transactions you also get the following benefits :-
- Know What You Need to Do : KPI / Badging of Tiles / Analytical Apps to help users understand what needs attention in the system.
- Get Insight of Areas that Interest You : Overview pages that give a detailed overview of all the items that require attention for a functional area (or slice of that area). Procurement being the front runner here – but sales also has one in the Cloud Edition (hopefully coming on premise soon).
- Help to Fix Issues : New apps that help users to “Manage” specific objects and scenarios – good examples here are the Sales Order Fulfilment App or Manage Material Coverage.
- Make it Personal : The new “Me” areas in Fiori Viewport / Launchpad that allows access to recently used apps.
- Don’t miss a Thing : The new “Notifications” areas that brings workflow and activities to the user in real-time
- Find What You Need : Enterprise Search is fully integrated into the Fiori Launchpad so users can find items that need working on quickly.
I have created a shortcut to the list of SAP videos here.
I hope that these videos plus the opportunities to work smarter listed above help you build the business case for Fiori, which in turn will help to make the case to move to S/4HANA.