[Update] the content of this blog has been merged with another one and refreshed. You can find the new version here:
As part of the SAP BuisnessObjects Predictive Analytics team, I am very proud to announce the availability of the first series of tutorials about the SAP HANA Cloud Platform Predictive Services on the SAP Developer site.
Before getting your hands “real” dirty you can read the following blog by Ashish Morzaria : Announcing “SAP HANA Cloud Platform predictive services”.
And as stated by Ashish, in order to pursue with our strategy of “enabling predictive analytics everywhere for everyone”, we decided to provide more hands on content on the topic.
This series of tutorials was build our 3 groups:
Configure your SAP HANA Cloud Platform account
- 1 Sign up for a free trial account on SAP HANA Cloud Platform
- 2 Create a new HANA MDC instance
- 3 Setup a HANA user account for the HCP predictive services
- 4 Import a predictive demo dataset in your SAP HANA instance
- 5 Expose your predictive demo dataset as an OData service
- 6 Enable, deploy and configure the SAP HCP predictive services
Test the SAP HANA Cloud Platform, predictive services with a REST Client
- 1 Install a REST client to interact with the HCP predictive services
- 2 Test the OData services using a REST client
- 3 Test the “Data Set” HCP predictive service from a REST client
- 4 Test the “Forecast” HCP predictive service from a REST client
Build a SAPUI5 application to interact with the SAP HANA Cloud Platform, predictive services
- 1 Configure a SAPUI5 application from the project template
- 2 Visualize your predictive demo data set in a SAPUI5 application using an OData service
- 3 Register a “Data Set” HCP predictive service from a SAPUI5 application
- 4 Manage your “Data Set” in the HCP predictive service from a SAPUI5 application
- 5 Use the synchronous Forecast HCP predictive service from a SAPUI5 application
- 6 Use the asynchronous Forecast HCP predictive service from a SAPUI5 application
The first set will guide you through the preparation of your environment, then you will be able to test the services with a REST client and finally build a SAPUI5 application that consume the predictive services.
If you find yourself in trouble, you can use the “Provide Feedback” link available on every tutorials.
Have fun and let us know your feedback if you want to see more of this in the near future!