SAP Yard Logistics 2.0 Now Available!
We’re proud to announce that SAP Yard Logistics 2.0 is available as of November 25th. This release brings new features for various industries, e.g. IoT support, scheduling functionality and automatization of processes. Improved visibility and process control across the whole supply chain – including the yard – help to get products or services to market faster and improve customer service – both critical capabilities in today’s digital economy.
SAP Yard Logistics is a focused business solution (FBS) that manages entering and leaving but also transportation activities within an industrial site such as a distribution center, production campus and complex warehouse sites with multiple warehouses or container terminals. Also ports and rail yards can be controlled with the solution. It is designed to manage the dock scheduling for incoming and outgoing loads, handle resources responsible for moving transportation assets within the yard and track all assets being held on the site. The solution is built in a flexible way, supporting all means of transports in different kind of yards. SAP Yard Logistics 2.0 helps to reduce waiting times on the yard and supports space consumption in the yard. Furthermore driver self-check-in, mobile inspection functionality and IoT based tracking of assets using sensor data increase the efficiency in the yard. Classification and determination of transportation units supports customer specific attributes to be used as well as order based asset determination. Once established and used, the business KPIs, e.g. duration of stay on the yard, are improving.
SAP Yard Logistics is not only of interest to companies with vast complex yards (such as the Port of Hamburg) but to any company that wants to improve the yard processes, like retail distributors and manufacturing companies.
Enhancements in release 2.0 cover for example the following areas:
- Integration to Dock Appointment Scheduling to plan incoming and outgoing transports
- IoT scenarios enabled by an integration framework, use case for the integration of sensor data and all other yard control systems.
- EH&S for usage of hazardous substances and dangerous goods
- Communications channel to establish communication with external drivers without system user
- Self-check in functionality and mobile transactions to fasten and simplify yard processes running as FIORI applications.
- Enhancement capabilities and handling possibilities of transportation units significantly extended by introducing Classification of Transportation Units
The following picture illustrates the processes that are now supported with the new release.
For more details about the solution please see the landing page http://go.sap.com/product/scm/yard-logistics.html.
Further details can be found on http://help.sap.com/yl.
Best regards, Christian Reinhardt
Product Owner SAP Yard Logistics