SAP on IBM i – Update week 47, 2016: Presentations of the SAP on IBM POWER Summit DACH 2016 available for download
The presentations of the SAP on IBM POWER Summit DACH 2016, which took place on November 17th and 18th in Ehningen, are now available for download at https://www.ibm.com/events/wwe/grp/grp308.nsf/Additional.xsp?openform&seminar=35A9VSES&S_TACT=C45301NM. Whether you were able to attend or not, you may want to download the presentations to go over the topics again and have a closer look at the many links and references provided.
Highlights of the event included:
- A customer story of 20 successful years running SAP on AS/400 and IBM i.
- A live demonstration of the SAP Fiori App “Analyze Unbilled Items” running on IBM i. It is part of the Convergent Invoicing application and was summing up and grouping 50 million rows in different ways within a few seconds.
- Practical experiences with IBM Real-time Compression showing capacity savings and response time changes in real customer environments.
- An example, how the new IFS online backup capabilities in IBM i 7.3 can help customers.
- Presentations with the latest news from the development team about IBM i 7.3, SAP NetWeaver 7.5, SAP kernel release 7.49, SAP Landscape Manager and SAP Business Warehouse enhancements for SAP on IBM i customers.
Some 60 customers, business partners, SAPers and IBMers attended the event in Ehningen and used the opportunity to talk to IBM and SAP developers from Rochester, MN and Germany and to exchange their experiences and plans with their peers. If you could not make it this time, make sure to reserve some time for that event when it happens again next year. We will inform you as soon as the next Summit for SAP on IBM i customers is scheduled.