Why do we need a Dashboard Factory?
- Are you a victim of missing control over your KPIs?
- Are you missing full visibility of system operation?
- Are you unable to centrally control system instability?
- Do you have full control on your SAP applications life-cycle?
- Are you facing High Operating and Application Management Cost?
- Are you facing High Unused Optimization Potential?
- Do you need a tool tailored to your specific operational needs?
Dashboard Factory is the solution for the above questions.
What are the Objectives?
- Simple, but Powerful and Flexible
- No Programming
- Dashboards in Minutes
- Trends and Statuses
- Any Metrics
- For both IT and the Business
- Device Agnostic
The Dashboard Factory aggregates and correlates all SAP Solution Manager Metrics in Single Comprehensive views.
Step 1: Define your objective
Define your objective;
- Align IT strategies and organizational goals
- Make more informed decisions
- Measure efficiencies/ inefficiencies
- Identify and correct negative trends
- Gain total visibility of all Solutions instantly
- Visually present performance measures
Step 2: Define your Dashboard Strategy
Define your Dashboard Strategy;
- Strategic Dashboard
- Tactical Dashboard
- Service Level Dashboard
- Operational Dashboard
- OCC Dashboard
- SAP Application Performance
Focused Solutions – Current Portfolio and Planning
Dashboard Factory Add On
The Dashboard Factory is delivered as an external Add-on for MaxAttention Services.
- Content supporting aggregation, unification and correlation of multiple sources based on all Solution Manager scenarios and areas: RunSAP, ALM.
- Simple Customization for UI and Content based on Dashboards Models.
- Extension model based on pre-defined API.
Focused Solutions Service for Dashboards
The objectives of the Focused Solution Service for Dashboards is to enable your organization in creating, configuring, maintaining your own dashboards.
The Starter package provides you with the ST-OST add-on delivery/configuration and the empowering on the usage of the Dashboards.
The Premium package is used to align your dashboard objectives together with the Dashboard Factory functionalities and your ALM//RunSAP roadmap.
Pre-requisites / Preparation
Full pre-requisites and delivery methodology are described in SAP Notes 2080080.
Minimum mandatory version of SAP Solution Manager is SP13.
The service preparation includes:
ST-OST add-on installation
ST-OST add-on activation
The DF is released in the ST-OST package SP2.
ST-OST SP1: 20th April /2015
ST-OST SP2: 9th November 2015
In addition to the configuration of dashboard instances in your environment, this dashboard Factory services summarizes the results in an service report documentation.
For more information refer;
DF Navigation MAP (Data Flow)
Data Models: Operational Dashboards
The OCC Operation Dashboard gives full transparency of all alerts defined in the Alert Catalog with their current status as well as the corresponding incidents.
It offers link to the different tools and components used to follow the Service Operation Procedures of the OCC.
Multiple instances of the same dashboard could be distributed to different teams of OCC Operators.
Data Models: Service Level Dashboard
Its objective is to provide customers with Service Level compliancy reporting capabilities.
Transparency on IT Processes based on selected specific set of KPIs and periods.
Service Level Dashboard Yesterday;
Data Models: Tactical Dashboards
The Tactical Dashboards for SAP Applications allows customers to report the status of a selected list of systems based on a pre-defined set of KPIs configured with specifics thresholds
In addition it gives trend analysis, historical view for the following scenarios:
- TOP transactions
- Hardware Resources
- User Load
The SAP Application Management Dashboard sets baseline on the following SAP performance metrics:
- End-User Experience: performance and availability experienced by end users of the application.
- Business Process: Throughput and backlog of Business Transactions
- System monitoring: Resources used by the application
- Interface & Connection: Performance and availability of system interfaces
- Jobs: performance and errors (delay, abnormal termination) of batch jobs execution
- Transaction: volume, load and response time of transactions processed by the application.
- Availability: Application’s Resources availability including hosts, DB, Application Servers.
Data Models: Strategic Dashboard
The Strategic Dashboard gives to IT department the capabilities to demonstrate the value of their services to their customers. It allows customers to associate pre-defined indicators to specific targets and aggregate them into KPIs. (ex: OCC Value Realization Dashboard)
During the Dashboard Factory services, AGS consultants ensures that the Solution Manager scenarios are included in the ALM/RunSAP roadmap of the customers.
- Management Dashboards Apps providing current status and major issues of your IT department in near real-time for single Solution Manager scenario.
- Support you in identifying and correcting negative trends.
- Enable you to take informed decisions, Minimize system administration efforts, reducing TCO.
OCC Dashboard Center
The goal of OCC Dashboard Center is to simplify data visualization and make Solution Manager data accessible everywhere.
- Data can be from multiple source including ALM.
- Generates UI5 charts to feed latest browsers and mobile devices.
Create/Edit a Dashboard with Gadgets
üYou may want to restrict access to dashboard,
üExample: allow only a few users to edit the dashboards etc.
In the dashboard program there are three groups of users for different responsibilities:
ADMIN: setup providers, mass maintenance of dashboards, change configurations, assign user groups
EDITOR: edit dashboards
VIEWER: view dashboard
In addition an ADMIN can set a dashboard to READONLY to prevent further changes from EDITOR.
To assign users or set read only flag
You may want to provide anonymous access URL to the dashboard. For example to distribute the dashboard to large group of end-users and allow them review the dashboards on iphone/ipads.
Create user ‘DASHBOARD’ with following roles